"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,744 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    One of my leagues is cursed. First I lost Saquon, then Javonte Williams, now Achane. Yet somehow I'm 4-1, but not liking my chances starting Rachaad White and Jaleel McLaughlin this week.

ETA: Oh, and Kelce already missed one week, may miss another.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Ready for a day off. Had KC def last night and did okay. Too bad they gave up that late TD.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment Spaghetti for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day!!! Hopefully can do some yard work today if not too hot.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: Quads- leg press, front squats, hack squats, walking lunges. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule today. Early game for 9ers here (10am). But I'll have the game on and my clients are all 9ers fans!!!

Cardio Walking/jog- 30min (260 calories)

Strength: Hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Pho for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing class tonight. 9ers lost because our high pick kicker missed the game winning field goal. Well, at least Philly and Seattle lost too. Time to reassess and watch film to see where they made mistakes.

Strength: shoulders- shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, high elbow rear pulls, facepulls, cable side laterals 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Homemade hamburger for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. I've given up on fantasy this year. My team just doesn't score enough.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and my long day. Feeling a little tired today. Will nap as soon as I get home from lunch.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Carl's Jr. for lunch.

• nossmf
    Options
    FF: Went 2-2 this week (kinda become my standard weekly result). One loss came because my QB got hurt, ended up losing by under ten points. That league I'm scrambling...I started the season with three starting QB's, and by the end of week 6 all three were hurt...Watson (shoulder), Fields (hand) and Garoppolo (back). Had to trade a future rookie pick to get Geno Smith just so I could have SOMEBODY at QB until one of my starters returns. I'm 4-2 (should be 5-1), so didn't want to just tank the season.

Team 1: W (5-1)
    Team 2: W (3-3)
    Team 3: L (2-4)
    Team 4: L (4-2)
  • nossmf
    Options
    Really itching to get back into the weight room, but I'm forcing myself to stay out the entire recovery period until Monday. My elbow is feeling better, so hopefully that's a sign I made the right choice. But in talking to a competitive bodybuilder coworker, he said he also has dealt with elbow tendonitis, but it wasn't until after he switched from powerlifting to bodybuilding with the extra volume that his elbow started to become an issue. I realize I had the same history; elbows just fine when powerlifting, and became an issue only in last year...and I switched to bodybuilding in last year...coincidence? Not that I plan to return to powerlifting...my days of seeking a new 1RM are behind me...but I wonder if my body's just not dealing with the volume I'm asking of it anymore. I've been really happy with the results from doing upper/lower twice per week, but maybe should return to once per week, such as what you do, @ninerbuff .
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Really itching to get back into the weight room, but I'm forcing myself to stay out the entire recovery period until Monday. My elbow is feeling better, so hopefully that's a sign I made the right choice. But in talking to a competitive bodybuilder coworker, he said he also has dealt with elbow tendonitis, but it wasn't until after he switched from powerlifting to bodybuilding with the extra volume that his elbow started to become an issue. I realize I had the same history; elbows just fine when powerlifting, and became an issue only in last year...and I switched to bodybuilding in last year...coincidence? Not that I plan to return to powerlifting...my days of seeking a new 1RM are behind me...but I wonder if my body's just not dealing with the volume I'm asking of it anymore. I've been really happy with the results from doing upper/lower twice per week, but maybe should return to once per week, such as what you do, @ninerbuff .
    Repetitve motion with resistance is the main cause of tendinitis. So not uncommon to get if going from 3-6 reps to 8-15 reps.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kickboxing class. I've about giveing up on FFL but will continue to try to be a spoiler for some.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns, 4x12,10, 8, 6.

Assessment: Panera for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Gonna be hot today. Crazy *kitten* weather.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment Carne Asada super burrito for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day!!! Just some house cleaning and relaxing today.

Strength: Quads- leg press, front squats, hack squats, walking lunges. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pho for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule today. Gonna be boring till Monday night because 9ers don't pay till then.

Cardio Walking/jog- 30min (260 calories)

Strength: Hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Pizza last for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing class tonight. KInda boring because 9ers didn't play, but I'll be up for tonight!!!!

Strength: shoulders- shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, high elbow rear pulls, facepulls, cable side laterals 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment:Sushi for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 3x8
    Cable Pushdown <superset> Preacher Curl 3x8

Analysis: First day back in the gym in almost two weeks, decided to take it easy and slash the volume this week as I get back into the groove of things.

Fantasy: Managed to survive bye-mageddon, with six teams on bye this week. One of my teams had the misfortune of being the #2 scoring team...facing the #1 scoring team. Sucks to lose the week when I would've whooped any other team by 50+ points. But at least my IRL Broncos won to avoid an 0-4 start for home games, that would've been bad.

Food: Last night was pizza
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. Well I scored the most points in the league this week. And after looking at the standings, I'm only a game out of 6th place. Guess there's still a chance.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad yesterday.

• nossmf
    Options
    Strength: Lower Power

RDL 5x5
    Hack Squat <superset> Standing Calf Raises 3x8
    Seated Leg Curl 3x8
    Cable Crunch 3x10

Analysis: Leg press was in use, had to substitute hack squat. Didn't think about it at the time, but now I'm wondering how feasible it is to do a one-leg version of the hack squat, since I'm doing single leg presses. Maybe if I hold my other leg straight out horizontally... Would also have to play with the resistance used. Hmm...

Food: Last night was garlic soy chicken strips with buttered egg noodles
  • nossmf
    Options
    FF: Went 2-2 this week (my standard weekly result). At the halfway point of the season, three of four leagues have winning records, and the one poor record (2-5) is actually only a single game out of playoff position because the other three teams in my division are 3-4.

Team 1: W (6-1)
    Team 2: W (4-3)
    Team 3: L (2-5)
    Team 4: L (4-3)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and my long day.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Homemade spaghetti for dinner.