"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Full schedule today. No 9ers today so I'll just chill at home.

Cardio Walking/jog- 30min (260 calories)

Strength: Hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Bento box for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing class tonight. Watching the rest of the NFC West score only 6 points yesterday left me confident we'll win the division.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: shoulders- shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, high elbow rear pulls, facepulls, cable side laterals 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,690 Member
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 5x5

Analysis: Warmup set of OHP felt super light, felt really good about myself...until I realized somebody had swapped the 45# bar for a 35# bar, lol. Luckily found this out before the working sets.

Food: Last night was lasagna with side salad
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. I resigned from the school yesterday so I'm going to start working at the gym from 6am to 12pm, 3:30pm till whenever weekdays now.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Power

Rack Pull 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 5x5
    One-Leg Press 5x5 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 5x12
    Cable Crunch 4x10

Analysis: Also had to deal with a flat tire on the way to work. Highly annoying, not sure where the money for repairs will come from, but I was pleased it only took me 10 minutes to make the swap happen.

Food: Last night was brown sugar chicken thighs with mixed veggies
  • nossmf
    Options
    FF: Went 2-2 this week...again. I knew I was going to lose in my best league, since I had no QB (as Kyler Murray decided to NOT play despite being healthy). Only lost by a small margin, a decent QB game would've won it, but I still have a 3-game lead with 5 weeks to play, so I should be safe. But my fourth team is driving me crazy. At one point I was 4-1, but have now lost 4 in a row, including losing by less than a point due to his IDP linebacker scoring a sack late on MNF. Sigh.

Team 1: L (7-2)
    Team 2: W (6-3)
    Team 3: W (3-6)
    Team 4: L (4-5)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and my long day. Long day for me with more at the gym now since I no longer work at the school.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner last night.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical, one hour, intervals - 819 calories

Analysis: Glad today was cardio day, as I got my COVID booster shot last night, and woke up to my arm stiff and sore as all get out, not sure I could trust it lifting. Hopefully it'll be back to normal by tomorrow morning.

Food: Last night was spaghetti with side salad
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kickboxing class. 2 new clients today.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns, 4x12,10, 8, 6.

Assessment: Popeye's for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Machine Fly 3x10
    BB Row 3x10
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 3x10
    Machine Curl <superset> Machine Pushdown 3x10 (both 3-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Analysis: Arm was still a trifle sore and stiff to start, but it didn't hamper my lifting any, and by the time I got to the lateral raises I felt nothing.

Food: Last night was stir-fry chicken with rice and veggies
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm a 49 year-old housewife. 5 ft. 1/2 inch tall and 160 lbs. My starting weight was 180 lbs. on September 1, 2023. My goal weight is between 130-136 lbs.(maintenance). I follow a low calorie diet without intentionally restricting any nutrients. I avoid eating refined carbs, sugars, fried foods, and preservatives. I do about an hour of cardio/strength exercises 7 days a week followed by one minute plank hold and 50 sit-ups. I begin every workout with a warm-up and finish with a good stretch. I practice mindfulness strategies, focusing on:
    • Breathing in as I lower(relax) and exhaling as I raise(exert)
    • I remember to watch my posture, no arching of back, keeping my shoulders down and back, while pulling my core in.
    • I put my weight in my heels and push off using my heals.
    • I really focus on the muscles being used with slow and controlled movements. (Squeezing up and control as I descend.)

Cardio: Today, I performed low-impact cardio HIIT workout (60 sec. on 20 sec. rest) for 30 min. burning 186 calories. Then, one minute plank hold and 50 sit-ups.

Strength: I completed 3 sets of 8(approx 30 min.) - Standing and floor - using a 5 pound dumbbell. Upper body exercises. (upright row, back row, hammer curls, bicep curls, overhand curls, arnold press, triceps kickback, front raise to lateral raise, lateral dumbbell chest press, rear fly, dumbbell shoulder press, push press, pullover, thruster) Combinations with lower body exercises.(Deadlifts, single-leg deadlifts, squats, sumo squats, squats to press, lunges, lateral lunges, curtsy lunges, reverse lunges, calf raises, weighted glute bridges)

Assessment: I am within my nutrition goals without using calories burned and drank 67 oz. of water. I am noticing an improvement in my balance, strength, and endurance.

💪Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, other's make it happen. – Michael Jordan💪

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Veta2018 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm a 49 year-old housewife. 5 ft. 1/2 inch tall and 160 lbs. My starting weight was 180 lbs. on September 1, 2023. My goal weight is between 130-136 lbs.(maintenance). I follow a low calorie diet without intentionally restricting any nutrients. I avoid eating refined carbs, sugars, fried foods, and preservatives. I do about an hour of cardio/strength exercises 7 days a week followed by one minute plank hold and 50 sit-ups. I begin every workout with a warm-up and finish with a good stretch. I practice mindfulness strategies, focusing on:
    • Breathing in as I lower(relax) and exhaling as I raise(exert)
    • I remember to watch my posture, no arching of back, keeping my shoulders down and back, while pulling my core in.
    • I put my weight in my heels and push off using my heals.
    • I really focus on the muscles being used with slow and controlled movements. (Squeezing up and control as I descend.)

Cardio: Today, I performed low-impact cardio HIIT workout (60 sec. on 20 sec. rest) for 30 min. burning 186 calories. Then, one minute plank hold and 50 sit-ups.

Strength: I completed 3 sets of 8(approx 30 min.) - Standing and floor - using a 5 pound dumbbell. Upper body exercises. (upright row, back row, hammer curls, bicep curls, overhand curls, arnold press, triceps kickback, front raise to lateral raise, lateral dumbbell chest press, rear fly, dumbbell shoulder press, push press, pullover, thruster) Combinations with lower body exercises.(Deadlifts, single-leg deadlifts, squats, sumo squats, squats to press, lunges, lateral lunges, curtsy lunges, reverse lunges, calf raises, weighted glute bridges)

Assessment: I am within my nutrition goals without using calories burned and drank 67 oz. of water. I am noticing an improvement in my balance, strength, and endurance.

💪Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, other's make it happen. – Michael Jordan💪

Welcome!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Long day today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment Homemade spaghetti for dinner.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    @ninerbuff - Thank you. Nice job being consistent with your fitness routine. Following my nutrition plan is easier than my fitness. I have a schedule, but everyday I have to push myself to get motivated to exercise. Once I get warmed up, It feels good and I feel like I can keep going and do more though.

Cardio:Barre (HIIT) workout 30 min. burning 188 calories. (My November Challenge - one minute plank hold and 50 sit-ups) Mindfulness– focus on drawing navel towards spine, standing tall, use big arms overhead to increase my heart rate, point and flex feet.

Strength: cardio/strength (as many as I can in 60 sec.) Doing compound movements using 5 lb. dumbbells for all exercises. Mindfulness – (Don't hold breath) Breathing in as I lower and exhaling as I raise.

Curtsy lunges with flies(squeezing upper back)
    Squats with hamstring curls(kickin my but…hehehe)
    Sumo squat/pushing up overhead
    Hinged forward/row to fly
    Deadlift/heal raise
    Reverse lunge with a twisting chop
    Reverse lunge to double press
    Side lunges with bicep curls
    Squats with double arm kickbacks
    Flour chest press with scissor leg raise
    Floor flies with bent knees
    Floor hammer head with bent knees
    Weighted glute bridge

Assessment: I stay within my nutrition goals without using calories burned and drink about 67 oz. of water. I ate oatmeal with mixed berries and a handful of almonds for breakfast, a garden salad with veggies for lunch, had a boiled egg for snack, and we'll be having a pork chop and broccoli for dinner. My balance has improved, I remember using a chair when I started. My right leg is easier to balance on then my left. I feel stronger, I started with 16 oz. water bottle weights…hehehe. Now I use 5 pound weights.

💪“It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.”― Roy T. Bennett💪

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day!!! Yard work again.

Strength: Quads- leg press, front squats, hack squats, walking lunges. 4x15

Assessment: Nuggets for dinner.
  • Veta2018
    Options
    Cardio: I did a low-impact cardio kickboxing for 30 min. burning 257 calories. Then, one minute plank hold and 50 sit-ups.

Strength: I completed 3 sets of 8 - Standing, upper body with 5 pound dumbbells.
    Chest Press
    Chest Flies
    Dumbbell Row (when I do these with a squat I call them pulling up my pants...lol)
    Reverse Flies
    Overhead Press
    Lateral Raises
    Biceps Curls
    Triceps Kickbacks
    Triceps Extensions
    Hammer curl with double triceps press

Assessment: I stayed within my nutrition goals without using calories burned and drank 67 oz. of water. I ate sweet potato crusted spinach quiche for breakfast, a garden salad with veggies and some roasted turkey breast for lunch, crab salad for my snack, and baked salmon with zucchini for dinner. Then, I ate a fun size Twix for dessert.

Mindfulness – I think about my posture, my core, and the rest of my body, including the muscle I'm targeting. I exhale during motions that contract muscles and inhale on those that expand them. I take time to cool down and stretch the muscles I used.

💪Workout because you love your body, not because you hate it.- unknown💪
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule today. Added another client so 6 hours of none stop training clients today.

Cardio Walking/jog- 30min (260 calories)

Strength: Hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Pecan chicken salad from Wendy's for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing class tonight. 49ers kicked *kitten* yesterday!!! Can't wait to play the Seacocks!!

Strength: shoulders- shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, high elbow rear pulls, facepulls, cable side laterals 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. Seems like longer work days even though I just substituted gym work for school duty work.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner.