"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,773 Member
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 5x5

Analysis: Banged out my bench press readily enough to make me think about increasing the weight again, but want to give it at least one more week to make sure not only was this not a fluky good workout, but also give my ligaments an extra week to adapt before going heavier.

Food: Last night was meatloaf.

NFL: Broncos lost a close one, had the ball first and goal at the 7 with 23 seconds left, down by 5, couldn't punch it in this time. Missed a golden opportunity to pull within one game of the Chiefs after they lost Sunday night. Still have the Raiders, Patriots and two shots against the Chargers to get to 9 wins on the season for the first winning record in 6 years, we can still do it! Playoffs may be a bit of a reach, as it'll likely take 10+ wins, which means we need to either beat the Chargers twice or beat the Lions.

Fantasy: Have a chance to go 3-1 this week, will depend on MNF. Would've been an assured win, but when one of your receivers gets hurt early in the game without making a single catch first, makes things a LOT harder.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. Not enough sleep last night. Will nap longer this afternoon.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panera for dinner. If I win this week and the 2 guys with the same record of me lose, I'll be in the playoffs in the final spot.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Power

Rack Pull 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 5x5
    One-Leg Press 5x5 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 5x15
    Cable Crunch 3x15, 12, 10

Analysis: Seeing a definite difference in strength between legs on the one-leg press, with my left leg ready to increase the weight but my right struggling to get proper range of motion on the current weight.

Food: Last night was Little Caesar's pizza (school fundraiser)
  • nossmf
    Options
    FF: Almost broke the mold to go 3-1, but alas losing Tank Dell without a single point doomed me to a close loss.

Team 1: W (9-4) (first-round bye clinched)
    Team 2: W (8-5) (one of FIVE teams at 8-5 competing for TWO playoff spots...gonna be some disappointed people after next week)
    Team 3: L (5-8) (looking forward to next year, where I could be picking as early as #2 in the rookie draft)
    Team 4: L (6-7) (with the narrow loss, I'm now eliminated from the playoffs...started year 5-1, finished 1-6)
  • nossmf
    Options
    Your new avatar was driving me crazy, @ninerbuff, trying to figure out if you were on fire or whatnot, until I pulled up your user profile and saw it wasn't a picture of you at all, just a stylized "S" lol.
  • ninerbuff
    edited December 2023
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Your new avatar was driving me crazy, @ninerbuff, trying to figure out if you were on fire or whatnot, until I pulled up your user profile and saw it wasn't a picture of you at all, just a stylized "S" lol.

:D:D:D Stylized SF!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and my long day. Gotta bring in ex's car to get tire patched. Ugh, I hate waiting in line for *kitten* like this.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Popeye's sandwich for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kickboxing class. Well this is it in FFL for me. I win and two teams with the same record lose, I get the last playoff spot. I'm sure one will lose, the other not so much. Oh and I also have to win.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns, 4x12,10, 8, 6.

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    :D:D:D Stylized SF!!!!

So it's in commemoration of your team, not proclaiming yourself Superman...gotcha! lol
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Machine Fly 3x10
    BB Row 3x10
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 3x10
    Machine Curl <superset> Machine Pushdown 3x10 (both 3-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Food: Last night was swing shift, so reheated Roman chicken.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Another long day. Later pick up ex from airport.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment Pizza for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Hypertrophy

Squats 4x15
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    BB RDL 3x10
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Lying Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend 3x12

Analysis: My knee was grumpy from my very first squat warmup set, managed to work through it for the squats, but the moment I tried doing the step-ups my knee went into full rebellion mode. But only extending my knee was an issue; I could still curl, and RDL's didn't seem to bother my leg, so I got through the rest of my workout from there. (Instead of doing heavy leg extensions I cut the weight in half and did 3-second negatives, which my knee allowed but remained grumpy until I hit the hot tub after the workout).

Food: Dinner - last night was bulgogi
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day!!! Get everything done today in cleaning and laudry so that I can watch football all day tomorrow.

Strength: Quads- leg press, front squats, hack squats, walking lunges. 4x15

Assessment: Ihop for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule today. 2 big games today. Seahawks at 9ers and Eagles at Dallas. Hoping for a 9ers and Cowboys (gag) win to put us at 1 seed. Also last chance to make the playoffs this weekend. Of the 3 teams tied with the same record, if the 2 before me lose, and I win, I'm in the final spot.

Cardio Walking/jog- 30min (260 calories)

Strength: Hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panera for dinner.

• nossmf
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Knee: My knee feels almost completely back to normal, was just a 48-hr grumpy thing apparently. Will see in a couple days on Tuesday how well it handles lifting again.

FF: Right now I'm projected to win all 4 games (go figure). If that happens, I will punch my playoff ticket in my second league and play spoiler in one of my losing leagues.

Food: Last night my daughter-in-law cooked "chicken sliders" which was basically pulled-chicken sandwiches.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing class tonight. Great weekend!!! 9ers win, get 1st seed, Rams and Cards lose, KC loses, and I STILL have a chance to make the playoffs if Mostert lays and egg and the Miami defense has a good outing!

Strength: shoulders- shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, high elbow rear pulls, facepulls, cable side laterals 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment:KFC for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. Well Mostert scored 2 Tds last night knocking out of the playoffs. After starting 0-4 I finished 7-7 but had way less points than the guy with the same record putting me at 7th out of 12 teams. 3rd year in a row I just missed the playoffs again.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Asian shortribs for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    Machine Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 5x5
    Standing BB OHP 3x5

Analysis: Lifting after work is so much different from lifting BEFORE work. Tons of people (had to adjust some of my routine on the fly).

Food: Last night was pot roast.
  • nossmf
    Options
    FF: Last week of regular season, 2-2. Not sure what this will mean in future weeks, with two teams making the playoffs.

Team 1: W (10-4) (first-round bye clinched)
    Team 2: W (9-5) (made the playoffs...two teams finished 8-6 and missed)
    Team 3: L (5-9) (will be picking #2 in the rookie draft)
    Team 4: L (6-8) (started year 5-1, finished 1-7)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and my long day. Just getting in my workout and work.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork fried rice last night for dinner.