"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    Weights: Lower Power

Rack Pull 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 5x5
    One-Leg Press 5x5 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 5x15
    Cable Crunch 3x15, 12, 10

Analysis: Too many people after work...ugh. Just got done the first two exercises and bailed rather than wait for an unknown length of time for the other equipment to open up.

Food: Last night was a rack of ribs with mashed potatoes.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kickboxing class. Just a lot of work today.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns, 4x12,10, 8, 6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Machine Fly 3x10
    BB Row 3x10
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 3x10
    DB Front Raise <superset> DB Lateral Raise 3x10
    Machine Curl <superset> Machine Pushdown 3x10 (both 3-second negatives)
    DB Curl, Hammer Curl, Concentration Curl <superset> DB Tricep Skull-Crusher 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x15sec <superset> Cable Crunch 3x10

Analysis: My son came with me to the gym, so modified my workout slightly to accommodate the equipment he has at his home gym to show him what he can continue to do without me. Felt weird acting as personal trainer, demonstrating technique, talking about exercise/weight selection, do's and don'ts and everything else. Overall the workout took longer than normal, but we had a great time.

Food: Last night was jambalaya
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Last workday of the week for me then off tomorrow.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment Panera for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Hypertrophy

Squats 4x15
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    BB RDL 3x10
    Leg Extension 3x10
    Lying Leg Curl 3x10
    Calves Extend 3x15

Analysis: My knee behaved itself nicely today.

Food: Dinner - last night was sloppy Joe's
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 244 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Is it ok to post my daily workout and weigh in and personal assessment here for feedback/support/accountability?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day!!! Later going to my dad's to visit and also visit some friends I haven't seen in 15 years. He's opening a clothing store that's dedicated to breakdancing.

Strength: Quads- leg press, front squats, hack squats, walking lunges. 4x15

Assessment: Had mediterrean food for dinner last night.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule today. Had a great day yesterday visiting my dad and seeing my breakdancing day brothers.

Cardio Walking/jog- 30min (260 calories)

Strength: Hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Thai for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing class tonight. What a great weekend! 9ers sew up NFC West division and Cowpokes lose! Now go Seacocks!

Strength: shoulders- shoulder press, dumbbell side laterals, high elbow rear pulls, facepulls, cable side laterals 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pad Thai for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    justgirl81 wrote: »
    Is it ok to post my daily workout and weigh in and personal assessment here for feedback/support/accountability?

Absolutely, @justgirl81! Welcome! That's precisely what this thread is for.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    Machine Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated Smith OHP 3x5

Analysis: Those online calculators which predict your expected 1RM based on reps at a lower weight are liars. Per last week's workout, I should be easily clearing 295 bench, but on my last set today I barely managed one rep at 275. Even taking into account it was the last working set of a heavy day, I don't see me increasing by 20+ pounds simply by doing it a tad earlier.

Food: Last night was Thanksgiving redux. (My Army son was quite disappointed with the meal offered by the military chow hall on Thanksgiving, so he asked if we could do a full spread while he's here.)
  • nossmf
    Options
    Fantasy Football: Two of my four teams made the playoffs, one earning a first-round bye. For my second team, before the week began I was heavily favored, but then my 3 RB's scored a combined 10 points total, and my QB Josh Allen only threw the ball 15 times in a blowout. Consequently I'm entering MNF trailing by 5 points. I have AJ Brown, he has Jalen Hurts. If Hurts' illness keeps him out, I have a good shot to win; if he plays, I'm probably hosed.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    justgirl81 wrote: »
    Of course! It's what it's for!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and kickboxing class this morning. What a great win by the Seacocks for us! Now with the Cowpokes and Eggles losing this week, 9ers have a game cushion.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine flat bench, dips, machine flyes, cable crossovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pinakbet for dinner. I love Filipino food.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and my long day. Rainy day and it's really busy.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Popeye's sandwich for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Fantasy Football: Not only did Jalen Hurts play, but he chose to run a pair of TD's rather than throw to AJ, so alas my team got trounced from the playoffs. Leaves me with only a single team left from my original four.

Fitness: Missed out on my heavy lower body day to spend as much time as possible with my before he returned to his Army unit. Dropped him off at the airport today, so tomorrow and Friday will hit the gym for the final two sessions this year. (I take a week away from the gym every 13 weeks, with my last break timed for the week between Christmas and New Year's.) Got some money from my folks to spend as I saw fit, part of it will go towards replacing my lifting shoes which are literally falling apart due to age (almost ten years old now).
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kickboxing class. So much rescheduling and filling my slots because we're closed on Xmas eve and day!

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns, 4x12,10, 8, 6.

Assessment: McDonald's for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Machine Fly 3x10
    BB Row 3x10
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    DB Front Raise <superset> DB Lateral Raise 3x10
    DB Twist Curl, Hammer Curl, Concentration Curl <superset> DB Triceps Skull-Crusher 3x10

Analysis: Amazing how much easier it is to get up in the morning after 6 hours of sleep compared to 4-5 like the last couple mornings.

Food: Last night was chicken parmesan with baked potato and broccoli
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. The calm before the storm.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x15

Assessment Steak and rice for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Leg day!!! Finish picking up one more gift and then then we're closed on the 24th and 25th at the gym, although I'll put in some extra hours to do some cleaning (ceiling fans) so I can still get in to work out. Ha, get the whole gym to myself!!!!

Strength: Quads- leg press, front squats, hack squats, walking lunges. 4x15

Assessment: Carne Asada burrito for dinner.