How did you meet....

Options

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    met my guy online, we both played the same game. been together 3 yrs 10 months :bigsmile:
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i met my guy at a bar on st patricks day last year....he was really hammered...good thing i wrote my number on a chinese food receipt in his pocket or he wouldnt have remembered me..

ahhh thats so romantic :laugh:
  • pinkbride2011
    Options
    Timing is everything. My husband and I met through our Best Friends. We'd often been in the same social circles and places at the same time, but never met or got to know each other. When our BFF's got engaged we were the Best Man and Maid of honor. Planning travel to their wedding we had our first conversation and connected immediately. We were under each other's noses for 5+ years and didn't even know it. Timing is everything... there's no way we would have appreciated eachother before the time we actually had a conversation. One year after our best friends got married, we got married and they were our BM and MOH... I truly believe we were lucky to have both been ready for the love we're able to enjoy now. Work on yourself (inside and out) as much as possible, so when that great person comes along, you're ready and capable of nurturing a healthy relationship.
  • carlobuff
    Options
    My husband and I have will have been married 45 years this coming February. We met at a church social. dated everyday for 6 weeks and got married.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Met my hubby in the waiting room at Discount Tire :laugh:

We always joke about 'returning' each other through the window like the commercial where the old lady throws a tire through the glass....
  • polo_princess
    Options
    I met mine at work, we worked together for a year or so before we even got together.
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was dating his friend YIKES! sounds so much more scandelous than it is.
    I was dating my husband's friend things fizzled, met my husband toward the end of the relationship October 6th we'll be married 1 year, together for 3!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    My wife was going to a Chiropractor for an Auto Injury. I was an LMT and she was referred to me for massage.
  • ktmccorkell
    ktmccorkell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    At a house party my freshmen year in college, and been together ever since.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    10th grade....we lived in the same neighborhood and had mutual friends. Dated for a few months broke up and 5 1/2 yrs later a mutual friend got us back together, we've been together ever since...10 1/2yrs, married for 4 :)
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    :smile: I met mine through an ex that I dated a couple months. Seriously. He set us up about a year after we broke up. I was in his wedding as Maid of Honor and he was in our wedding as best man. And we have all been friends for about 12 years!
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Yahoo Personals, baby! Been together for 5 yrs, married for 4 years now. :) I think yahoo personals became Match.com........? :wink: Good luck!
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    We both worked at Shoney's (I was a cook and she was a waitress). She was getting ready to go to College and I had one more year of High School left. Got married 2 years later and married 12 years now.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    We were set up by a mutual friend... Been together for 22 years

On a side note - We are no longer friends with the mutual friend...
    After she set us up and we hit it off, she tried to break us up...
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    Options
    We were set up by a mutual friend... Been together for 22 years

On a side note - We are no longer friends with the mutual friend...
    After she set us up and we hit it off, she tried to break us up...

b!tches be crazy.
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Through a michigan chat room... been together almost 11 years..
  • airycha
    airycha Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    We both worked for Target in college. 3 year wedding anniversay is today!
  • meganrae_42
    meganrae_42 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I meet my husband in high school in 10th grade, we dated for a short while. Then hated each other for EVER. lol! We became friends again after his father passed, after we had both finished school and during his first deployment to Iraq we started talking again. He returned in feb and we got married in April!! 4+ years later we are happier than ever with a beautiful 2yr old daughter :)
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My wife was my high school English teacher. No lie.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    Options
    My wife was my high school English teacher. No lie.

HOT. :love: