Replies

• PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    At the gun range :)
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My wife was my high school English teacher. No lie.

THAT is awesome. :wink:
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wow some awesome and some very romantic stories... so nice to hear love is out there.. :)
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Tim Hortons and he quickly developed a hefty caffiene addiction :love:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    True story. I met my wife at her job. She was a teller and was 8 months pregnant. I told her that we needed to pick out a name for our baby. A month later I cut the umbilical cord and we have been together ever since. that was over 10 years ago. Married for 7. Baby number 2 is now 4 years old...BTW, she overruled me on naming baby Another Emmanuel...lol.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    AWWW thatss the most amazing story ever... and very ballsy for you... turned out well! :love: :happy:
    True story. I met my wife at her job. She was a teller and was 8 months pregnant. I told her that we needed to pick out a name for our baby. A month later I cut the umbilical cord and we have been together ever since. that was over 10 years ago. Married for 7. Baby number 2 is now 4 years old...BTW, she overruled me on naming baby Another Emmanuel...lol.
  • AimingHighWeighingLow
    Options
    He was my pimp.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I think message boards/chat rooms are just easier nowdays. A lot of people don't want the hassle. Don't want to go on blind dates.. blah blah. Chat rooms/message boards you really kind of get to know somebody(depending on how honest they are, usually if they ar elying you find out).

Mine was a complete and total surprise, last thing I ever saw coming. I knew the distance would be so hard, but I literally didn't have a choice... I had to follow my heart.

God bless the interwebs :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Short version of a long story...I was bartending at a brew pub, he was on a trip for work. He saw a billboard for the brew pub on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and thought, I can stop here for the night and have a good beer too. I'll stop there or I will go on too long :)
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Tim Hortons and he quickly developed a hefty caffiene addiction :love:

4-6 Cups a day...and I'd do it again if I could. :-)
  • jocewar
    jocewar Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    LOL. Way back when i still lived with my parents, they left for a vacation, I would have parties. Small town so I knew everyone. A friend said a new guy just moved, I said bring him he can meet everyone. She brought him, I pretty much fell in love with him right away, was too shy to ask him out, but eventually we went on a date, and been together ever since. 13 yrs together, 11 married and 3 kids.
  • jnettiedotson
    Options
    I met my husband almost 6 years ago in a yahoo chatroom. Just chatting, not looking...and we started talking, met, moved in together, got married, have 16 month old twins now and he accepts my older kids as his own. He's an amazing man!
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    We met at the local club I went to with all my friends. I was introduced to him by another guy I had met the night before with my GF. I was actually dating someone else but when i met my now hubby, i knew i was done dating the other guy, it wasn't a serious thing anyways, lol. After we met we were inseperable. We've been together almost 5yrs, married 3 and a half.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I have met most of the men I've been with at work or at bars...
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft!!!!

EFF YES! Long story short, he was the MT of my guild and I was the GM of a hardcore raiding guild.... the rest is history!!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    My wife was my younger sister's dance teacher and we met at one of her recitals. I think I actually fell in love with my wife when I saw her dance for the first time that night.

Aw, that is so sweet!!

My story: Met hubby where they say not to pick anyone up...a bar. I honestly went into the whole thing thinking what the heck, let's just have some fun, but he had a whole 'nother mindset. Once I figured it out, I realized I was pretty crazy about him too and we were inseperable. Moved in together after a couple of months, went through some rocky times but survived, bought a house together almost 6 years ago then got married about 3 years later. Yeah, we're a little backwards. LOL! Still crazy about him after nearly 14 years together! :)
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Still trying to find "him"... Kissed a lot of Frogs in search of my Prince... Hopefully one day... :)

ditto

my ex and I met at a gas station, we were both pumping gas
  • heatherR83
    Options
    I was bartending and he came in for a drink, which turned into a ride home, which turned into me moving in :o)
  • kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I was travelling around Europe and had just taken a job in the Scottish Highlands. I went to Edinburgh for my weekend off and my hubby was the night security at the hostel I stayed at. We hit it off and he called me the following week to see if I'd come back to town. 3 weeks later I chucked in the job and moved into the hostel with him for the remainder of my VISA.
  • quichebradford
    quichebradford Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Met my husband of 12 years at church. He said I was his gift from God! :happy: