Work-Out Clothes

Options
124»

Replies

• sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Depends on how I feel. Sometimes I remove all my makeup and sometimes I go with full makeup. Sometimes I will take a shower before and sometimes I wont. Just depends what kind of mood I am in and what time of day.

I must ask....why would you take a shower BEFORE going to the gym?

Sometimes I take a shower before going to the gym IF I am feeling sluggish and dont really want to go. Usually after a shower I will feel better.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I sweat too much to wear make up at the gym. My hair is usually braided.

I would like to buy cute outfits though. That's going to be one of my rewards when I get closer to goal weight. Right now my work out clothes are just a pair of yoga shorts with a cute band at the top, and a tank top with a supportive sports bra underneath. I do see women at the gym in cute workout out fits, and I'm like "Yeah, that's cute. I want one." But, don't want to waste money on the good stuff when I'm still losing weight. My current workout shorts are a 12/14. When I'm down to an 8/10, then I'll consider buying the cute stuff.

My sister was the type who did hair and make up to go the gym when we were teenagers. Then she'd walk on the treadmill at a very slow pace because she didn't want to sweat. She just wanted to be eye candy and try to catch a hot guy *eyeroll* it annoyed the crud out of me, and I avoided taking her with me if I could.

God bless!
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Well I don't go to the gym, (I workout at home and sometimes go for walks/runs in the neighborhood.) but I like having decent workout clothes on. I usually stick to Danskin Now clothing from Wal-mart..affordable and comfy. There's different styles, some plain, some a little cuter..as long as they match, I'm happy. As far as makeup goes..I don't wear makeup 99.9% of the time so that's a big ol' NO. :laugh:
    Once I get a little closer to my goal and feel a little more confident, I plan on investing in nicer workout clothes! :D
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I usually go straight to the gym from work so like the other ladies I already have make-up on which I try to wipe off as much as I can. It's not pretty when your mascara runs. Hair gets pulled back into a ponytail--that's it; however, I do try to make sure my workout clothes are decent and semi-match. I buy my yoga pants or tights from Lululemon (Canadian company) or Nike, but wear baggier plain t-shirts. Some girls at my gym go all out and I say good for them as long as they are there to workout.
  • MamaBear05
    MamaBear05 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Weekdays, I usually have makeup on because I workout after work. But I don't wear foundation or anything anyways, just eye makeup. It's always running by the time I am done with my workout but I like that because it's a sign I worked hard. My hair gets pulled into a ponytail with a bandana around my hairline to keep my hair and my sweat out of my eyes.

I would say my clothing choices are less cute and more inspirational. I like clothes that make me feel hardcore. If I am working legs, I like to wear shorts and a tank top. If I am working my upper body, I like to wear either shorts or baggy knee length sweats and just a sports bra (my workouts are mostly outside in my neighborhood) so I can see my arms and abs working hard.

I do have a few cute workout tops I wear with shorts on weekend, along with tennis shoes. They make me feel active and I am more likely to do things like park at the back of the parking lot if I am at a store, take the stairs, make an impromptu stop at the park with my son to run around, etc.
  • cathyAprice
    Options
    I work out at home unless I'm walking/jogging. Make up comes off or my eyes look like a horror movie when I start sweating. I put my hair up with whatever means necessary (not quite long enough for a full ponytail) to get that mess out of my face! I do have workout outfits though, nothing fancy but I am working out, so... ;)
  • Sugar_Dumpling
    Sugar_Dumpling Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hmmm ... yes to cute matchy clothes lol! As for the rest it's a definate no-no. My hair is frizzy curly either in a ponytail or bun (exercise dependant). As for makeup it's a HELL NO! I'm a bit ocd when it comes to cleanliness, and don't want yucky makeup going into my open pores *shudders* tee hehe :p xx
  • ThenewJGinitforme
    Options
    :laugh: look what you started howard...i wish i had make up on today...wouldn't have mattered much cause i would have sweated it all off anyway, but two people i knew walked in and previewed my gym today. damn me for checking in on fb so much...luckily i matched today.

make up...in the morning no...during the day or after work ..whatever i put on for work, but that isnt that much to begin with
  • anhaab
    anhaab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'd rather see a woman sweating it out for an hour at the gym with no makeup and hairdo than see one all dolled up working out just 15 minutes because it took her too long to get ready and she doesn't have enough time for a longer workout....or is too worried about her look getting ruined to truly burn it up at the gym.

On the workout outfits though... Quality gear does make a difference for both men and gals. The best most comfortable thing to do is get some good shoes, shorts, and tops.

Love this!! Glad to hear that guys think this way too!
  • MsWriter
    MsWriter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Definitely no make-up or even jewellery. Hair in a plain ponytail. I do however LOVE workout gear!!! Love love my Lululemon stuff. Sweat wicking stuff makes it so much easier to move and stay cool.
  • MsWriter
    MsWriter Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of making sure my workout clothes are all matchy, right down to my headbands! haha

Guilty too! Haha!
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I'm bringing back tights and leg warmers.

Not really.

I get ready in the dark (5:30am class) so I don't wake hubby/whatever child is sleeping in our bed, so who knows what I look like! I do know that I had massive rumpled sheets marks on my face this morning, the front desk guy made a comment about it. Pretty sure I glared at him. I usually wear black fitted capris and a white or pink tank. Running I will wear shorts and a white tank. BORING.

I do have a workout clothes/shoes obsession. But in basic colors :)
  • ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    When I drop a dress size I'm going to buy nice work out clothes as a reward. So I am buying shoes and clothes to run in maybe some new bras too. I don't even wear make up to go out and I only worry about my hair for special occasions.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I like to wear cute work-out clothes from Lorna Jane (Aust company), and I just recently bought some stuff from the Lululemon outlet here (Canadian and very expensive here). I'm not wearing cute stuff for anyone else but for me. It helps to make me feel good about myself, and the beautifully made workout clothes in great fabrics last a long long time.

GG
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: This topic makes me giggle :bigsmile:

My circumstances have changed but when I used to go to the gym it was after work, before I left work the makeup came off not much of it anyway lol so 2 secs wipe with baby wipe worked :laugh:

Once at the gym I worked my booty off .. had a shower and headed home nice and fresh again :smile: I was one of the ones tho who liked to match the workout gear usually had the all in one lyrca shorts/top outfit for comfort ha ha that hasn't changed much :laugh: I had to quit the gym due to an injury which is why I am here used to do 3 classes a night which messed up my knees (got addicted :blushing: )

Now I am lucky enough to have a room for working out at home so it's a trekkie bottom and sports bra basically I grab something out of the workout drawer :laugh:
  • steveh08
    steveh08 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I never go out with out my makeup. :laugh:
  • Mirror_Image
    Options
    I like having and buying new workout clothes - gives me motivation. Make up wise: if it's still on from during the day then it's on, otherwise it stays off. It clogs your pores when you sweat and bring me out in spots.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'll only wear makeup if i have it on already however usually its just a bit of mascara anyway. I'm not actually too fussed on workout clothes too much, my trusty nike shorts, basic tank shirt and my lorna jane sports bra (which is probably the cutest piece i own). I do own a very bright pair of blue joggers though. Coincidentally my shorts match them as they have a blue line on them but i didn't even realise til my bf pointed it out.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Heck no! I do have some nice work out clothes but then I like nice clothes period. They don't necessarily match. I live too far from a gym these days so lately a lot of times I end up doing a workout video in my underwear... less laundry to do that way lol.