Too cute to sweat!

Options
MsQt
MsQt Posts: 793 Member
Do you ever go to the gym and see those people that bring a coffee, magazines, or books with them to the exercise machine? Or how about woman that pile make-up on before a workout? This drives me nuts. It's not my business but I don't see how you are really gonna put a an awesome sweat if you can hold a book and getting in an intense workout at the same time. I've ran around the track and seen woman stretching while putting on there lip-gloss; obviously, they are there for other reasons. Maybe they just want to be able to say that they went to the gym but that gets you nowhere. I've seen these people all spring and summer and they wonder why they haven't lost weight, while I've made a transformation. When I go to the gym, I have my water, weight belt, gloves, heart monitor, and towel. I put it in hard and I leave drenched in sweat! Not venting just thoughts that I've had sense I joined the gym. Have a great day and let's get it in y'all!

weights.jpg

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I hate the make up thing...but sometimes I bring a book if I can use that time to workout and study for school. There have been many times I do the bike or elliptical and study!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    yeah i bring my phone to keep my hands busy on the bike
    also it means that i dont get bored and can go on for longer
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There used to be a lady at the gym near my office that read while doing the stair master for 30 min. She was not slacking and sweated up a storm but still seemed to be engrossed in her book. Personally, I couldn't do it, but it seem to work for her. Or maybe she was just pretending to read so people wouldn't talk to her. *shrug*
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Yeah or the ladies that complain its too hot and they are starting to sweat!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Whats' wrong with the book or magazine.....I have my ereader with me, keeps me from peaking at the stoopid timer, that moves at turtle speed..LOLOL I can work up a good sweat walking, light jogging while reading.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    lol.. yesterday this lady came into the gym wearing a pretty blouse, skinny jeans, high heeled sandals, and her hair and make up looking pretty nice. She was in there lifting weights. She usually does not stay long or do much while she is there. I guess she is trying to find herself a man. The funny thing is she is probably in her sixties. I love people watching. :laugh:
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I had a women next to me yesterday that might have bathed in perfume...it was really distracting while I ran on the treadmill!
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I watch netflix movies when I cardio..still manage to sweat.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I laughed out loud when I read this!!!!!

We totally had a conversation at the gym with some of my friends last night about the same thing!

There was this girl in our Body Pump class and she was wearing these Sketcher shoes that were not running shoes and she was asking us why we had balance and she did not....we were like proper shoes and shoes would probably help you balance yourself a bit better......Then she asked my my make up was not running.....I said I took it off before working out!

This is an all womens gym!!!

I give people props for coming to the gym but I think the reason I have not gone to a co-ed gym is that I could not handle the vanity part of it!!!!!!

I also have a common saying....Just becuase this is an all womens gym does not mean we should not wear support bras!!!

I often feel bad when I think these things but i know we always want to say them!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    If I had the chance to go to a gym, I would work up a sweat and not distract myself with those kind of things... Some people aren't able to have a gym access, or money to do for that matter...
  • alcon79
    alcon79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I always read on the elliptical and bike - that's when I catch up on my celebrity gossip. Just listening to music I find myself constantly starting at the timer. Reading takes my mind off working out and covers up the clock...win win. My gym has a cardio cinema so I'll go in there to watch a movie and that helps time fly.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    haha, I always leave there wet
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for them I guess. And any workout is better then nothing.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    In my Aqua class there are 3 ladies who don't actually excercise and only go for a float and a gossip.

Our gym is not too bad I think it is because it is a leisure centre and not a "Trendy" gym it only attracts people who want to excercise not preen.

Tuesday night is brilliant the local rugby club arrive all muscle and testosterone. I find I stay a bit longer on tuesdays :love: LOL
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I watch the DVR whilst on the treadmill, but I have to turn the volume to 40 so I can actually hear it. Drive the hubster NUTS!
  • MsQt
    Options
    I had a women next to me yesterday that might have bathed in perfume...it was really distracting while I ran on the treadmill!

Too funny :laugh:
  • MsQt
    Options
    I laughed out loud when I read this!!!!!

We totally had a conversation at the gym with some of my friends last night about the same thing!

There was this girl in our Body Pump class and she was wearing these Sketcher shoes that were not running shoes and she was asking us why we had balance and she did not....we were like proper shoes and shoes would probably help you balance yourself a bit better......Then she asked my my make up was not running.....I said I took it off before working out!

This is an all womens gym!!!

I give people props for coming to the gym but I think the reason I have not gone to a co-ed gym is that I could not handle the vanity part of it!!!!!!

I also have a common saying....Just becuase this is an all womens gym does not mean we should not wear support bras!!!

I often feel bad when I think these things but i know we always want to say them!

How about I laughed reading this post! We think the same thing:laugh:
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    lol at the aqua class.. I did them when I was pregnant (chose not to ride horses while pregnant) and managed to give myself a strain as I worked the hardest in the class.. There were women there chattering, not getting hair wet etc and one couldn't even swim bless her so she worked out in the baby pool only.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I actually MOVED gyms because of this! My previous gym was full of people in their perfect workout gear, full makeup, posing in front of the mirrors without a drop of sweat on them, oh and serious attitudes.

My new gym is full of people bright red and sweaty, shaking with effort with massive smiles, advice and encouragement from every direction.

It might not be as trendy but I'd MUCH rather workout here!
  • kmorrison21
    kmorrison21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ha.. I know what you mean, but let me say one thing about makeup! :)

I've had girls look at me all nasty and cross-eyed because i walk out of the locker room with makeup on.. STILL on.. because I work 8-5 and hit the gym right after, to avoid obstacles (like my comfy couch). Even if I washed the face makeup off, sorry, I'm not spending all that time taking off my eyeliner / mascara etc just to prove to other women that I'm really there to work out.

I realize there are some who are just man shopping. Just be cautious to not label other people immediately bc they might have makeup on. :)