Too cute to sweat!

Options

Replies

• kmorrison21
    kmorrison21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    and ps.. I don't need a book, bc I work out at Golds (love it) and there's rarely a shortage of men in too-tight Affliction shirts staring at their muscles.. Seriously, i almost fell off an eliptical laughing so hard one day... soooooo intense.. i thought the guy was gonna lick his bicep.. haha..
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    You see I get it in! I have no time to waste getting pretty and focusing on a magazine.
  • QBee73
    QBee73 Posts: 53
    Options
    LOL...at least it ain't just me. We have a lady at my gym that we call "Barbie" because she is super tan and comes made up all the time. She is a hot mess! Those people are there to be seen only!
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I generally read a mag or a book while on the exercycle. My gym owner was giving my stick about it & I just said I have 4 young kids so this is my time to get in a bit of reading :) it distracts my from looking at the timer.
  • MsQt
    Options
    LOL...at least it ain't just me. We have a lady at my gym that we call "Barbie" because she is super tan and comes made up all the time. She is a hot mess! Those people are there to be seen only!

I know, right? lmao!
  • MsQt
    Options
    bump
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i bring a magazine sometimes just to hide the timer. i can't really read while working out, it gives me a headache.
  • MsQt
    Options
    bump
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Awesome picture girl!! You look like you're getting your squat on!! Woot!
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    wow, I totally agree! And it has always been one of my pet peeves. Not that what anybody does at the gym is any of my buisness, but there is just no way I could sit there on a bike or treadmill , ellipitical, whatever and read a book . You're not gonna push yourself or make any gains by distracting yourself away from your workout or the way your body feels. It just never made any sense to me why people do that
  • paintitblack
    Options
    Jenna Marbles (a young woman who makes youtube videos) once commented that if you still have your perfect makeup by the end of the gym session you're doing it wrong! She said if she wore make up she'd look like the wrong side of Harvey Dent's face by the time she'd finished.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I sometimes wear make up to the gym just because I know it bugs people,I dont casre if it gets all runny when i sweat
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    I know I can't focus if I'm trying to read. Watching a show or TV is one thing but I still prefer music.
    If I have make-up on when I get to my workout spot I'm not going to remove it, even if I look like a racoon by the end. I prefer to avoid using soaps on my face too often and I'm washing up after working out anyway...
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My wife used to give me grief over my cutoff shirts that were all full of holes and stained in the pit region, she just thought it was horrible that I would wear something like that out to the gym or in public. I told her over and over that I dont go there to impress anyone and could care less what anyone thinks, they were comfortable clothes! Needless to say most of them slowly disappeared LOL.
    Gym goers know who is there to do business and whose there to be seen. Lets not forget the guys that do the same thing. We had one guy that came in oiled up wearing a t-shirt that was basically cut to strings. He also brought his own boom box (portable radio for the younger generation lol) and played WWE entry songs as loud as it would go even though there was a radio already on in the weight room. Luckily our fire station has its own weight and cardio room so I dont have to put up with it, but on weekends I go to the YMCA to run and I see the things everyones talking about,. It at least gives me stories to take back to work on Monday....
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    As far as reading goes, I would recommend downloading books into your ipod or mp3 player, if of course you can stand to be read to... just a suggestion
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    In college I used to basically only workout on machines... elliptical, bike, stairmaster, etc. I'd nearly always be reading a magazine. But I realized that I wasn't putting in enough effort while doing so because my focus wasn't on getting the heart rate up, it was on whatever article I was reading. So now I NEVER read at the gym anymore. All I need is my heart rate monitor, my iPod loaded with good tunes, and some water!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    lol.. yesterday this lady came into the gym wearing a pretty blouse, skinny jeans, high heeled sandals, and her hair and make up looking pretty nice. She was in there lifting weights. She usually does not stay long or do much while she is there. I guess she is trying to find herself a man. The funny thing is she is probably in her sixties. I love people watching. :laugh:
    LOL Some things are just "wrong" and THAT would be one of them... I guess I could deal with the makeup/hair if you are there in the appropriate attire at least. But... really... high heels in the gym... lifting weights? Or, maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong perspective... She must be super-talented to do that! Myself, I'm lucky to walk down the street gracefully in heels! :ohwell:
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've noticed anyone who's really that concerned about their appearance while working out. Oh and my gym has a cardio-cinema room where they show tv shows and movies and it's basically pitch black, so if you ARE concerned, you can do your cardio in there! I'm there to workout....
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I typically go to the gym straight after work, so I will have remnants of a 10 hr days makeup still on my face. Except on saturday morings, I get out of bed, brush my teeth and go. But I sweat like a dog, I can be on the stairmachine for 2 minutes and be completely drenched. I have to wear a bandana on my head to keep some of it from running down my face, but that only helps for so long :cry: As for reading, when I was riding the bikes, I would read because as others stated, it helps to take my mind off of the time, but on the stair machine or Elliptical I just focus on people watching. It's quite entertaining to me to watch some of the women who spend most of their time gawking at the men's muscles that doing what they are paying for! It truly amazes me.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    This sums it up for me! ;)

143833626_wkFT4OY4_c.jpg