Too cute to sweat!

Options

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly care what other people do at the gym. Wanna pay to read a book? Drink some coffee? Sure. As long as it doesn't affect me - I don't honestly care.

What DOES bother me? The lady at my gym who asked me to PLEASE stop running on the treadmill because she was on the phone and couldn't hear the person on the other end of the phone.

Or the ones who bathe themselves in cologne or perfume. Some of us are asthmatic and do NOT want to subjected to that. I hate to tell you but dousing yourself in it before you workout doesn't mean you don't smell like sweat still. You do - just perfumed sweat... which for me is far worse than just a normal sweat.

Also. Lack of deodorant. I can not tell you how many people (men and women) I've encountered who stink so bad, you can't even be near them without gagging.

Oh and I do not want to see your boobs and butt hanging out of your clothes. Give me a break. It is the gym - not a bar.
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't particularly care what other people do at the gym. Wanna pay to read a book? Drink some coffee? Sure. As long as it doesn't affect me - I don't honestly care.

What DOES bother me? The lady at my gym who asked me to PLEASE stop running on the treadmill because she was on the phone and couldn't hear the person on the other end of the phone.

Or the ones who bathe themselves in cologne or perfume. Some of us are asthmatic and do NOT want to subjected to that. I hate to tell you but dousing yourself in it before you workout doesn't mean you don't smell like sweat still. You do - just perfumed sweat... which for me is far worse than just a normal sweat.

Also. Lack of deodorant. I can not tell you how many people (men and women) I've encountered who stink so bad, you can't even be near them without gagging.

Oh and I do not want to see your boobs and butt hanging out of your clothes. Give me a break. It is the gym - not a bar.

AGREED!!!!!!! AMEN SISTER!!!
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I can't bring a book with me when I work out. When I work out, all I need is my mp3 player and a bottle of water. I need to be in my zone without any distractions..
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    This sums it up for me! ;)

143833626_wkFT4OY4_c.jpg

I just so love this!
  • tbrown1025
    Options
    I've often read magazines while doing a treadmill or elliptical. If I'm doing a heavy cardio session, then I can't do that. But I don't always do heavy because it's not necessary to do that all the time. Also, some people might have restrictions that don't allow them to "work up a good sweat" but they still want to move. For instance, after a recent IVF procedure, I wasn't allowed to do any heavy cardio and was resigned to only light walking. I assume some folks may have been curious during this time, but I was moving rather than couch potato'ing, and really people should be less concerned with what I'm doing and more concerned with what they're doing. This was also the case as I got further along into a twin pregnancy. Also, during my recovery weeks, my only workouts are very light. Several folks recovering from injuries or surgeries might only have the ability to exercise lightly, so perhaps we shouldn't assume they have less of a reason to be there than anyone else.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I read a magazine to keep me from looking at the slow slow timer and i get a great workout in. And as for makeup and perfume if they were at work or something earlier in the day then it might have been on from then. For me sometimes i go out and then come home and go to gym at the end of the day so i have makeup on already from my day. BUT there are people you can see who just put it on. There was a girl one time doing her makeup on the chair in the back of my gym and then wet to workout lol
  • jenny95662
    Options

AGREED!!!!!!! AMEN SISTER!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this i so agreeeeee
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    This sums it up for me! ;)

143833626_wkFT4OY4_c.jpg

I just so love this!

I'm totally getting a shirt with this printed on it! That's perfect for Crossfitters!
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options

I also have a common saying....Just becuase this is an all womens gym does not mean we should not wear support bras!!!
    Whaaaaat?! People don't wear sports bras? Oh man, this is one of my most painful things to watch. I can't stand it. It's probably because I have such stupidly big boobs that I usually have to strap them down. The thought of not wearing a sports bra whilst doing cardio is... insane.
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    i can't stand it when those people hog the machines and there is a line 2 or 3 deep waiting
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I also have a common saying....Just becuase this is an all womens gym does not mean we should not wear support bras!!!
    Whaaaaat?! People don't wear sports bras? Oh man, this is one of my most painful things to watch. I can't stand it. It's probably because I have such stupidly big boobs that I usually have to strap them down. The thought of not wearing a sports bra whilst doing cardio is... insane.

I'd end up smashing myself in the face. =/ Someone asked me if I was worried they'd get smaller. In truth, I'm disappointed that they haven't.
  • blue4myeyes
    blue4myeyes Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ha.. I know what you mean, but let me say one thing about makeup! :)

I've had girls look at me all nasty and cross-eyed because i walk out of the locker room with makeup on.. STILL on.. because I work 8-5 and hit the gym right after, to avoid obstacles (like my comfy couch). Even if I washed the face makeup off, sorry, I'm not spending all that time taking off my eyeliner / mascara etc just to prove to other women that I'm really there to work out.

I realize there are some who are just man shopping. Just be cautious to not label other people immediately bc they might have makeup on. :)

Thank you! Well said!! I feel the same as you.... I go right after work and therefore generally in a full face of make-up, too. I work my butt off and then wash it all off when I get home. I get the spirit behind the post of ppl who don't really go to the gym to work out...but your point is well made about not labeling all people just because they have make-up on. :)
  • jenny95662
    Options
    ha.. I know what you mean, but let me say one thing about makeup! :)

I've had girls look at me all nasty and cross-eyed because i walk out of the locker room with makeup on.. STILL on.. because I work 8-5 and hit the gym right after, to avoid obstacles (like my comfy couch). Even if I washed the face makeup off, sorry, I'm not spending all that time taking off my eyeliner / mascara etc just to prove to other women that I'm really there to work out.

I realize there are some who are just man shopping. Just be cautious to not label other people immediately bc they might have makeup on. :)

Thank you! Well said!! I feel the same as you.... I go right after work and therefore generally in a full face of make-up, too. I work my butt off and then wash it all off when I get home. I get the spirit behind the post of ppl who don't really go to the gym to work out...but your point is well made about not labeling all people just because they have make-up on. :)

thats what i was saying if i go to the gym after i am out doing things in the day i am not going to worry about sitting and taking it off and i could care less if its on or not i have a man i am not shopping for a man i just am too lazy to sit and take it off lmao
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I'm envious of the people who can read while working out! I just cannot do it. Too much to concentrate on.

I do watch TV though, or videos I have on my iPhone (my gym has machines and it will play the videos you have on your iPhone on the personal TV screen. It's fantastic!)

I had a woman today who was doing squats with a 1kg bar. I was doing 15kg and she turned to her friend and said 'See the fat girl is all hot and bothered and I still look perfect' I just rolled my eyes. I might be fat now, but I won't be for long! And I don't want to look perfect at the gym!
  • lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    Options
    I watch the DVR whilst on the treadmill, but I have to turn the volume to 40 so I can actually hear it. Drive the hubster NUTS!

I laughted at this one! I finally got a long extension cord for headphones and wear those on the treadmill because I exercise so early in the morning and watching Netflix keeps me going!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I don't care about looking cute, as much as I do presentable.

My clothes are always clean and stain free, as with my shoes. My hair is always neatly pulled back and will have as many clips as necessary in order to make it stay in place. Deodorant is a must.

I get that I'm in a gym working out, but theres no reason that you should look sloppy.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    If you can read while working out...you arent doing it right! The sweat should be in your eyes, dripping down making the pages so wet you cant read them! Focus people! :D
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I never get the reading while working out. To me, that's 2 different things. You are either reading, or exercising.... You can't be doing well at either if you are doing them both together.....

And holy hotness batman..... You are awesome! And gorgeous! Great job!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I don't care about looking cute, as much as I do presentable.

My clothes are always clean and stain free, as with my shoes. My hair is always neatly pulled back and will have as many clips as necessary in order to make it stay in place. Deodorant is a must.

I get that I'm in a gym working out, but theres no reason that you should look sloppy.

Some of you just don't get it! When you go to the gym and you have a real goal, there is no time to read no magazine. My workout is all about intensity. you should be sweating and putting in all that I got! When I'm running, i'm running and when I'm putting in my strength training as you can see on my picture, THERE IS NOT ROOM THE LOLLY GAGGING WITH STUFF LIKE THAT!
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Tuesday night is brilliant the local rugby club arrive all muscle and testosterone. I find I stay a bit longer on tuesdays :love: LOL

Haha that's awesome! And I would stay too!