Fun & Fit Sized - for the under 5'4" crowd - September 2011

Options
Hello everyone,

Welcome to anyone new that wants to join us and welcome back to those of you who have been posting here.

This forum is for those of us who are shorter in stature. I have found a lot of support here, a lot of good advice and gotten to know some wonderful people through this thread.

August was a hard month for me and it seems that is has been a hard month for many people I know here online, at my work and in my personal life.

How was August for you? September is here and it is a new beginning for all of us.

Jeannie

Replies

• lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was 5'0" but I think im shrinking....lol.... This sounds like a great group... :)
  • LovesNoodles
    Options
    5 ft 3 and a 1/2 here!!!
    I'd love to join!!!

I just started tracking my food and exercise again and wasn't doing much of that in August because every weekend was packed with lots of fun, high calorie things to do lol

I'm hoping now that September is here and the weather is cooling down, I can get outside and work out without feeling like I'm going to pass out :)
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hi new to this thread! But 5'4" on a good day - most of the time more like 5'3"

Anyway, August was very hard for me also - both personal and life and diet.

I'm convinced to control what I can in September. I already have my food, exercise, and financial plans in line just need to follow them.
  • beaner1st
    beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you. I am 5'2". Actually got a 1/4" back by exercsing & losing weight. Guess I improved my posture. I did well in August averaging a weight loss of 1 pound per week. Looking forward to September.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3" and August was a pretty nice month for me. I'm continuing to lose some weight. My pilates teacher came back off her holiday and immediately commented that she thought my shape had changed a little. My lovable partner finished doing the bathroom ceiling.. it's looked a mess for months! I'm feeling stronger and happier than I have in years... and I hope it will continue for the rest of the year.
  • ksloop00
    Options
    Hi, I'm 4"9, I'm in a wheelchair. I lost 9 lbs. in August! 28 so far!! My name's Kim. Feel free to add me:)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm still 5'2" and have been called "tiny" for the first (and second) time in my life!!!! I'm LOVING my new lifestyle and can't wait to see what the future holds after my first half marathon which is Sept 24. Hoping to get a good time and then improve on it when I do another next spring!!!!

Short girls ROCK!
  • Carrie95128
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'2" and August was challenging for me as well. I travel alot and have alot of work stresses. I've always been a stress/boredom/emotional eater and while I've managed to keep losing, it's been a battle this past month. I really want to lose another 40 pounds this year, but with the holidays coming up, that might be a little too steep of a goal.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Well Hello Jeannie!

I'm Monica and I must say August was a tough month (death in the family) but we got through the obstacles and so.... onto the next CHALLENGE!

Today I'm starting the September Jungle Jewels Challenge and I'm so excited. I'll be going back to work on Wednesday so I have to keep eating healthy and exercising. It seems work has always been my downfall.. You know.. Trying to juggle too many balls at once..

Well I'm off to have breakfast and get to those challenge exercises!

Have a wonderful September and a great day! :flowerforyou:

Sincerely 5'4'',
    Monica :heart:
  • aarce
    aarce Posts: 20
    Options
    i'm 5'2", never considered myself short until I got to college and these women were towering over me! I was raised by a short Italian woman. loll

August was fantastic. My boyfriend moved to LA mid August (I'll be joining him in December, just have 1 more semester of school) and I made a promise that I was going to focus on myself and get in shape before my LA move. I've been running a bunch, and logging the good, bad, and the ugly!

I would be very interested to know, what are your goal weights, since we are shorties?
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    i think i was 5'4" but I know im shrinking....
  • AnitaMcKenna
    AnitaMcKenna Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this looks like a good crowd to join! I'm about 5ft give or take 1/2 inch!

August was quite hard going, but enlightening to me, as I joined MFP and began to understand where my weight gain has really come from (alcohol and large portions) and although I've only lost 1lb so far, I'm very encouraged that once we get into normal routines again I'll be cutting down on the picnics and parties!

Anita x
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2", never considered myself short until I got to college and these women were towering over me! I was raised by a short Italian woman. loll

August was fantastic. My boyfriend moved to LA mid August (I'll be joining him in December, just have 1 more semester of school) and I made a promise that I was going to focus on myself and get in shape before my LA move. I've been running a bunch, and logging the good, bad, and the ugly!

I would be very interested to know, what are your goal weights, since we are shorties?

Congrats on the move, I think you'll love it. I'm a Native So Cal girl!

As far as goals.. well.. I was 130 when I was married back in 1987.. lol..even then I thought I was fat.. (sigh)
    But my goal is now 150 and fit! I don't need to be skinny.. lol.. I rather be strong! :wink:
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'2" and August was challenging for me as well. I travel alot and have alot of work stresses. I've always been a stress/boredom/emotional eater and while I've managed to keep losing, it's been a battle this past month. I really want to lose another 40 pounds this year, but with the holidays coming up, that might be a little too steep of a goal.

I could have written this!!! It's the worse in a hotel room for work. I'm stressed and bored and lonely all at the same time!!!!!!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'3" and August was not that great for me...

However, I'm doing fabulously now! :drinker:

Being part of a group is great :happy:
  • imaprncs
    imaprncs Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to join you ladies! I am 5'2 but i wear heels everyday to make me a bit taller :)
    August was ok I didn't gain but I didn't loose but I am back on track and back into the regular routine with the kids back in school so I can complete the last streatch to loose the last 6lbs to reach my goal. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies (so far no guys)!

I am 5' 3.5" and wear a size 14... I will probably never wear single digit clothes, and I am okay with that since I have CURVES!!!!!!!! :wink:

I had a "maintain" month in August, not that I wasn't trying to lose, but I just had a rough time. I had vacation, got busy with a new relationship, and working (family and paying job). I am hoping that September will allow me to lose some pounds so that I am closer to my goal weight
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies!! :flowerforyou: Glad to see so many new faces. Feel free to add me.

Jam your on! Just remember slow and steady wins the race..even if you stop and walk for a few minutes your getting the benefits.:smile: I am so happy to finally see Sept roll around. That means the 13 is getting closer. Not sure how my first run back will go but I know it will feel great!! I may not be super fast but I will do it. I am so looking forward to it!:love::love: :love:

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Someone asked about our goal weights and I've been wondering about where I should be as well. I started this thinking I'd like to be 140 (started around 180ish) and once I got there, I moved my goal down five pounds, and then another five. So right now my goal is 130, but I don't know if that's where I'll stop or not! I love how I look and feel right now, but I do still have some tummy chub (thanks to 2 c-sections and a heredity that carries all our weight there) and would love it to be gone!!!

So I'm open about my final goal weight. Right now I'm at 133.6 (as of this morning) and that's amazing, but I wonder what I'll look like if I lost another 10 pounds? I don't remember ever being that weight since I was in high school... and that was a milliion years ago!!! One thing's for sure, I'm more fit than I've ever been and that feels great!
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 with CW 148 and GW 130 - and yes the extra 1/2" matters!

Aug was an incredibly tough month - end of a 5+ yr relationship has left me emotionally spinning but trying to get a little more grounded every day. I am determined to use Sept to reclaim my life and re-discover happiness on my own terms.

Every pound is a struggle when you are a shorty! I guess the benefit is that people tend to notice every ~ 5 lbs lost because it looks like much more on our tiny bodies :)

Mini-goals
    by end of Sept - 144.5 (lose 3.5 lbs), reward = go for bra fitting & get the "girls" looking good again!
    by Halloween - 142 (lose 2.5 lbs)
    by Christmas - 139 (lose 3 lbs), reward = body fat dunk test, hope my % is in the "healthy" range & can give me better guidance for final GW
    by Valentines - 135 (lose 4 lbs)