Fun & Fit Sized - for the under 5'4" crowd - September 2011

Options

Replies

• daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Jeannie - so sorry to hear about your son. I hope he is getting excellent care!

Everyone else - let's do this and get healthy!! Tomorrow I start drinking more water =)
  • jcannon15
    Options
    hi my names jenna, i'm 5ft tall (my boyfriend calls me 5ft of fury, i have spunk) weigh a 186lbs and desperately want to be athletic, i love extreme sports it would be nice to actually be good at them rather then just dabbling. i like to mountain bike,scuba dive, surf, snowboard, and i skate in a roller derby league. my down fall is my diet I <33333 sugar and carbs. so i'm working on cleaning that up. i'd love to join ur group.

August was iffy sept has been better but not perfect.
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jenna!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    May I join?

My name is Sarah. I live with my husband and two dogs. I'm 34.

My current weight is 145. It's the highest I've ever been and I'm only 5'1" so you all know every pound looks like ten.
    My goal is to be 120, though once I get there (I can DO it!) I'd like to try for 115lbs.

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I don't have many yet since I only started up on Monday. I'm trying to eat 1200 calories a day but even eating healthy I'm having a hard time just MEETING it much less exceeding.

For those of you who have done this and hit your goal, how many pounds a week did you lose? I'm trying to set reasonable goals for myself and I calculated them out at one pound a week but I dont know if being so short and only 30lbs away from a goal weight that I'll lose that much in a week.

I'd love any tips you can share. I'm doing 30Day Shred (on Day 6 now) every day and spending 1 hr on the treadmill two or three times a week as well.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I would also like to be in this group! I'm 5'1" and weigh 163. I'd like to get to 130. August sucked for me. So far Sept. has as well but I refuse to give up!
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Would like to join this group!

My name is Sarah and I'm 5'1 and about 125 pounds at the moment. Being short definitely means that every pound looks like ten, as someone already mentioned! My weight loss has been very slow going...I haven't been consistently losing weight...sometimes I will lose a 1/2 pound to a pound in a week, sometimes I will stay the same for weeks at a time - very frustrating. My goal weight is 110-115.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Hey all new ladies! Nice to have ya. I think we all use this as a casual chat n support thread :o) those are my favorite.

Man, my plan to get a workout in friday after work and saturday were epic fails!! My strong couch potato instincts kicked in and I've been mega lazy. Doesn't help that here in seattle the rain and grey's returned- just makes u want to curl up on the couch! That's juist my excuse though of course. I'll exercise this afternoon though to start the week off right! I don't know what's happened to my motivation the last month or two. I did so good the first 5 months and was losing a couple of pounds a month on average, exercising 4 or 5 days a week. Lately I'm amazed if I get myself to do an exercise once a week! Therefore my weight's stalled around 158-160. Blah.

I'll get back in it somehow!! Maybe some new dvds would help... Anyways, enjoy your sunday ladies :o)
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Starlage, Babygurl, Daybyday – Thank you for your support

Starlage-2-3 workouts a week is good for working full time. Hang in there.

Chelebe – Welcome! Emotional eating is a hard habit to break. I forget where I read it, but I did read somewhere the first step to stopping is substituting something less damaging. I do that. It helps break the pattern.

Babygurl- I have been jogging around the yard instead of walking around doing my chores. You are correct. It is uplifting.

Jcannon – Welcome! You can do this. I was about where you are. Just take things one day at a time and you will succeed. I admire you for snowboarding. It can be hard to get back up sometimes. I’m a skier.

Saffyra – Welcome! I used my BMR (under tools) as my guide. I never eat below it. Otherwise, just log everything and don’t give up. It’s a hard battle, but we can do this.

Welcome Catherine & Acciomuscles – Every pound feels like 10 too! Lol

I started back at yoga yesterday. I have a 30 minute routine I can do at home on my Wii. It felt so good and it really does clear the mind.

We haven’t heard from any of my son’s doctors about what they think is going on. My DS gets overwhelmed by everyday things that will pass if he’d let them. Yoga has been suggested by several doctors and hopefully this time, he will join me willingly.

Thanks again for all your support. I do think the support we get here helps tremendously. We are not alone in what we are going through and venting here helps us make better choices everyday.

Happy Sunday all!

Jeannie
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone..I'd love to join too if that's okay! My name is Sarah, and I"m 5'2 and 1/2!! (lol) Started off at 152 lbs, got down to and stayed in the 120s for some time now, and have recently gained a little (6 lbs) so I'm roughly at 127-128..I'd like to get down to 115-118, and I can totally use the motivation :)

P.S. Sorry about what you went through Jeannie..best wishes!
  • librarynerd81
    librarynerd81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would love to join, if it's still ok. My name is Jessica. I'm 30 years old (man I don't like saying that- lol) and my starting weight was 192. That is the highest non-pregnancy weight I've ever been in my life! Before I had any babies I was about 135. I'm not small framed and pretty muscular so I was ok with that. I gained 75-80 lbs with my first daughter. I lost 40, then 20 more about 2 years later. I gained that back, and then got pregnant with my second daughter. That time I gained about 34 pounds and lost about 70 pounds before I found out I needed to have my gall bladder removed. After the surgery, I gained back about 10-15 pounds, but was able to maintain that for a while. Then at the beginning of 2011, I just started to pack on the pounds. I hadn't changed exercise or food routines; I just started gaining weight no matter what I did. After having a million and one tests done, the doctor told me there was nothing wrong. She suggested weight watchers so I tried that for a few months. I worked so hard and would lose a pound or two, but gain it right back. I finally gave up and had accepted the idea of being fat and uncomfortable. My mom was having problems with her weight too and found out she had thyroid problems. She found MFP (just to help her keep track of her diet because she also found out she was diabetic) and suggested I try it. Since I started on here in mid-August I've lost about 13 pounds. More importantly though I'm am more comfortable with myself. I'm not happy where I am, but I know that I'm working on it. I still have bad days, but I'm learning to not be so critical of myself. I let myself enjoy treats when I really want them and I've found that I don't really want them as often as I thought I would.

Anyway- now that I've babbled long enough... I realized I didn't list my height- 5'2" and a little extra. :happy:
  • Starlage
    Options
    happy monday all :o) Well I finally kicked myself in the butt and got a workout in on sunday! I did my old taebo vhs. An oldie but a goodie. That one always makes me giggle. So over exaggerated! haha

Jeannie, I love yoga too! I usually do some as a cooldown to whatever workout I do. I've got half a dozen yoga dvds so I just choose one and do a little of it to cool and stretch.

Sarah0866 you sound like a petite little thing already!! :o) but wherever you're happiest is where you should be. Good luck to you and welcome!

Jessica, welcome to you too! 30 does sound different, doesn't it? I'm turning 28 this friday and I keep thinking how close that is to 30 and how far away I am from any kind of serious relationship/marriage/kids. Oh well, cest la vie ;o) I'm also more muscular like you, not a tiny little framed petite thing. I was really happy when I was at 135 too, so I'm striving to get back there! I STILL struggle with wanting bad treats and foods constantly so congrats on overcoming that!! I'd love to get there. It'd be so much easier without mental bad cravings.

Well, it should be a lovely monday!! I'm a medical assistant in a busy clinic at the U of WA Medical Center- our nurse manager quit and friday was her last day. We're all pretty thrilled not to have a micro managing RN hanging over us and bugging us all day. WHOOO! We're all a little happier around the workplace that usual. haha. Today's an earlier workday so it shouldn't be a problem to get a workout in tonight. I mon, tues and fri I get off at 4 so working out after I get home and still having time for dinner and time to relax before bed but wed and thurs I dont get off til 5, therefore worse traffic, don't get home til 6 or 630 so that's not enough time for me to have a good workout, cooldown, dinner and relaxing time before bed so those are the two days I take off from exercise. I'm working hard this week to get back into the food diary routine. I've really gotten lazy with it the last few weeks!!

Hope everyone has a happy monday!
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Starlage, thanks!! I just wanna lean out and then work on building up my muscles some more (don't really want to be superthin so much as toned and muscular :)

I also struggle with a sweet tooth, so that's what I keep allowing to deter me from reaching my ultimate goal...chocolate addict all the way haha.

Anyway, happy monday all! :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to see so many enthusiastic members of the group.......I went for my yearly doctor checkup and weighed five pounds less than last year.:bigsmile: she said I looked "thin" and asked if I knew my BMI........so now I know I've reached my goal weight.

:bigsmile: the weather is so great that I've been walking the dogs and puttering in the yard and not spending time on the computer.

:bigsmile: now I'm watching "Dancing With the Stars".......I love it :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    May I join, I am 5 2 and 143, very muscular.

Looking to be around 125

Sincerely

Sonal
  • Starlage
    Options
    hi sonal! Welcome to the group :o)

Well, I've gotten two workouts in this week and have done my food diary yesterday and today so hopefully I can keep things swinging the way they're supposed to. I'm only a pound away from what my ticker says so that's nice! it's my TOM though also, so it could just be water bloat and my ticker could actually be correct. Now time to get it to go the other way! I get off at 4 again today so no excuse not to get another workout in!! Something easier today though, my muscles are sore and pooped from taebo the last two days.

Have a good day everyone!
  • gpacheco0768
    gpacheco0768 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    5'3 and 1/2 - Stretching to 5'4"...

SW - 186
    CW - 146
    GW - 125

I've been struggling the last month or two with being "unmotivated..." I got the 40+ lbs off and reached my low of 141.4 about a month ago, and since then I've been eating poorly, not exercising, etc. and I'm back up almost 5 lbs! I'm very mad at myself, feel bad all the time (really tired) and I think it's because I've started eating more sugar again! I actually had two donuts and two cookies the other day, at a seminar, which I should know better! I really wanted to reach my goal weight by the end of the year, and if I tried I probably could still, but I just need to find the right motivation again... I have a $2,500 shopping spree I'm giving myself once I get there, but that's not that motivating anymore, for some reason. I'm in size 8's and I'm pretty happy, except when I look at pictures. I still see a "fat" person. I know I'll feel better at 125, both emotionally and physically, so why can't I just get back at it? I've worked hard all year (actually it's not really been that hard) to get the first 40 - 45 off, why can't I get back in the groove?
  • 10more
    10more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love to join :smile: I'm 5'2" and currently 124. My short term goal is 120, and my longer term goal is 115. I previously lost 20 pounds on MFP and am back to lose the last 10 pounds :happy:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new comers! Yes, you are all welcome here and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

I am reading a book on change that our center is embracing and giving free copies to every employee who wants one. Being that I am part of the "Green Group" we have a copy we are passing around and it is my turn. The book is in the car but I believe the title is "Switch". So far it is really interesting and a lot of good motivational stuff. I am only on chapter 2. lol We shall see what the next chapter brings. I hope it will help me get un-stuck with my weightloss and help me help my son in particular and my family in general.

The point of the introduction is to focus on the positive and what works and not focus on what doesn't work. Hard to do eventhough we know it is the right way to look at things. The first thing it said to do if you are trying to eat healthy and loose weight is to switch to lowfat or skimmed milk. (what I did first) as it is easy to do and something you can be successful at, so you have a success to get you going.

Have a great evening everyone!

Jeannie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: welcome to the new members:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: I am reading "The Thin Commandments Diet" and have learned so much about food and my relationship with it. I highly recommend the book
    see if you can find it in the library . It's the sort of book to read slowly and digest the new ideas:bigsmile:

:bigsmile: I have had good results staying away from cake, cookies, ice cream, doughnuts, and all their cousins by treating them the same way a sober alcoholic treats alcohol
    I don't take the first bite.
  • Starlage
    Options
    morning everyone :o)

Well, I went online and bought two new dvds; billy blanks ultimate tae bo and cardio inferno. Also I've got a friend on here that's mailing me a couple of dvds that she has that are duplicates she has and doesn't use so with all of those I should have enough to change things up even more! New dvds are always good for re-vamping my exercise oomph for awhile! I've been really good food-wise the past few days and have exercised the last three days so I was down a few more ounces this morning- getting closer and closer to that ticker being accurate again! I've also changed my food diary settings to be "lightly active" so I'm at 1300 someting calories a day and i'm eating most of or all of my exercise calories back (if I get over 300 burned I don't eat them all) and I'm sticking to mostly protein, veggies and only a serving or two of carbs a day. I'm letting myself have a low cal/fat treat or two a day so that always helps me stay on track- I can't totally deprive myself, doesn't work for me!

Well, tomorrow's my last workday before a week ad a half of vacation time (staycation actually, not going anywhere- just relaxing!) so I've got a lot of work to catch up on. Better get busy! Have a good day everyone!