the NEW black team

Options

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Awww, Jeannie. You literally just brought tears to my eyes. Thank you. I never thought of it that way. :sad: I'm such a baby. LOL :heart:

I LOVE you man!!! :flowerforyou:

Dude, you can't have my Bud Lite. :wink: :laugh: That takes me back...

I love you, too, Jeannie! :heart: :smooched:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    I decided to go ahead and post my before and after sidebyside pic here.....afterall,why be shy about something I worked so hard for? Oh boy,i hope this works....sorry if it doesn't.

scan0006.jpgMe002-1-1.jpg

LOL,I had to edit the after pic...way to big:laugh: ...ok,now off to that workout!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I can't do reward meals or days b/c I simply get off track. I really believe in the whole "sugar is a drug" thing. Seriously. I don't deny myself food by any means, I don't think donuts are going to be extinct any time soon, but I really do have to watch everything that goes into my mouth. EVERYTHING. Its just how I work. I applaud those of you that can do it, though! Shows real willpower to be able to have a reward day & then get right back on track the next.

Amelia - thanks for the suggestions. I've been trying to beat it for about a month now. I'm a "p-word' bouncer. That's why I was shocked by my weight on our weigh-in day b/c it was the lowest I had seen in a couple weeks. I bounce up 2-3lbs depending on the day. I'm trying some new stuff & I've had an "off" day (or two :grumble: ) and it didn't seem to help. I increased my calories...that didn't help. I changed the time of day I work...that didn't help. I started adding strength training last week so I'm hoping to see it moving in the right direction but I liteally cried over the scale this morning. Silly, I know, but it was shocking. :noway:

Anyways, thanks for listening! :flowerforyou:

Food as a reward is what got me 50 pounds heavier. We had 3 kids and not a lot of money, so...good report card CAKE....birthday BIG DINNER.. and so on.

I do eat what I want, only in smaller quantities.

This must be a real lifestyle change, because I had to eat 2000+ cals to break my plateau and it was really really hard.

Just think Sara, the reason it is so hard is because you have lost SO MUCH!!:flowerforyou:

I guess I shouldn't have used the word 'reward' because I don't really think that's what I meant. I definitely do eat what I want to, and watch my portions. Most of the time, what I want is healthy food...but when it isn't, I just try and allow for it in my calories. That said, there are some foods that I just can't keep around (like choc. chip cookies) because I know that I have trouble controlling myself when they're here in the apartment; those are the ones that are less attractive because I have to either go and get them or make them.

Shuntae
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I decided to go ahead and post my before and after sidebyside pic here.....afterall,why be shy about something I worked so hard for? Oh boy,i hope this works....sorry if it doesn't.

LOL,I had to edit the after pic...way to big:laugh: ...ok,now off to that workout!

Congrats...that is so amazing! You go girl!

Shuntae
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    LOL Send your hubby my way! I need someone that is obsessed with cleaning. I told my friend the other day before she came over I was cleaning & she said, "Don't do that for me! You know better!" and I said, "Oh, no. It isn't for you. It's so the health department isn't called." It gets scary deep in toys in this place. I couldn't find Tabitha the other day b/c the boys buried her in stuffed animals!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: My hubby can't even let you put down an empty glass on the table before he's standing on top of you waiting for you to hand it to him. The only thing he doesn't do is the dishes. He unloads the dishwasher but can't seem to figure out how to put the dishes in the same way he took them out. 5 years of taking the dishes out after I out them in and he can't seem to figure it out! Go figure! HAHAHAHa

Here a man secret that the man club would kill me for telling you... When men don't want to do something....We feign ignorance. Works every time :noway:

Hey Spyguy ... thanks for being our "mole" on the other side ... we need someone to interpret manspeak/man actions sometimes! I've been married for 26 years and I still can't always figure it out! LOL

Like at my house ... the trash NEVER gets taken out unless (1) I do it ... (2) I ask somebody else to do it ... don't care if the trash is piled up 2 feet over the top of the can and falling out on the floor. Apparently I am the only one who can see this ... everyone else thinks it's like that game called "Topple" where you try to stack oddly shaped pieces as high as you can ...

So, I ask my hubby to do it. He picks the most convoluted, awkward way to try to get that overstuffed trash bag out and upside down into another same-sized bag ... why this seemed like the best way remains a mystery ... and ends up with trash all over the floor and some unknown substance all over his shoes, etc.

I told him he wins. I'll just take the dang stuff out from now on! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Hello fellow black team members!

I am going to try to post some replies to all the posts on here. I take a multi-vitamin, a B-12 supplement and a calcium pill. I am thinking about adding fish oil, but not sure I want to. I have heard that it is good for the skin. Need to check into that.

I love to drink water so 8 cups is actually really easy for me. Somedays I actually drink about 20 cups of water. It is giving up the Coke that is hard. I easily drank 4 or 5 of them most days!

I have ate a banana, lettuce, green peppers and I suppose salsa doesn't count does it? :laugh:

Have a great day everybody and be proud of yourselves for getting healthier!

I'd definitely count salsa ... spaghetti sauce ... well, okay, not ketchup. :wink: :laugh: :tongue: But tomatoes are good for you!
  • tresa1234
    Options
    I was thinking of a hubby shirt that I can wear and I have one but it will have to wait until tomorrow because I'm already in bed and not feeling to hot. Shoulder hurts for some reason.

I hope your shoulder is better today, Sam!! Haven't caught up on my reading here yet ...
  • tresa1234
    Options
    I just realized that I'm in a SEA of toys as well. The dang things are even stuck on the door. Geesh!

Amanda - LOL I think I'd keep my pics in my undies to myself, too! hehe

Honey, I would rather see a house LIVED in by 3 children than a museum!! pul-ease!

you look GREAT!

I do often think we could pass for a toy museum. After Christmas they are everywhere. My dad was actually desining a tv stand that could attach to the wall for me yesterday so we'd have more floor space for....toys. :sick: Leave it to grandpa!

Oh, and thank you very much. :blushing:

You are adorable Sara! And with 3 under 3 ... girl, you NEED lots of toys just in self-defense! :laugh: :laugh:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Do you have a photobucket account? Take the directlink code that it gives you & post it here & I can do the rest, if you'd like.

yes! Ok. I will try. Thanks

Oh and BTW....I KNOW I am not supposed to weigh before next wed but ............................

142!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It has been 8 weeks since I have seen that freakin ticker move.....I HAD to change it!!

YAY for the end of the P-word! I'm so proud of you for sticking with it!!

Time for the wave ... where'd it go? Trying again ...

ole.gifole.gif

Well, I hope this post isn't actually showing up 8 times ... the wave is being shy so I'll try something else ...

Kick that P to the curb!!

0002024C.gif[img][/img]
  • tresa1234
    Options
    Do you have a photobucket account? Take the directlink code that it gives you & post it here & I can do the rest, if you'd like.

Oh and BTW....I KNOW I am not supposed to weigh before next wed but ............................

142!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It has been 8 weeks since I have seen that freakin ticker move.....I HAD to change it!!

ole.gifole.gif

Well, I hope this post isn't actually showing up 8 times ... the wave is being shy so I'll try something else ...

0002024C.gif[img][/img]
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I'm in a SEA of toys as well. The dang things are even stuck on the door. Geesh!

Amanda - LOL I think I'd keep my pics in my undies to myself, too! hehe

Honey, I would rather see a house LIVED in by 3 children than a museum!! pul-ease!

you look GREAT!

I do often think we could pass for a toy museum. After Christmas they are everywhere. My dad was actually desining a tv stand that could attach to the wall for me yesterday so we'd have more floor space for....toys. :sick: Leave it to grandpa!

Oh, and thank you very much. :blushing:

You are adorable Sara! And with 3 under 3 ... girl, you NEED lots of toys just in self-defense! :laugh: :laugh:

Three under 3-- I just missed that by a month when I had my first three kids in the early '90s-- I do believe that qualifies our dear Mrs. Beans for a Supermom title-- -- able to leap tall mountains of toys in a single bound, more powerful than a gassy baby-- look! Up in the nursery, it's SuperMom (disguised, naturally as mild-mannered Sara Beans-- )
    8daf3deabf16084f.gif

:wink: Just for you, Sara-- :wink: :bigsmile:
  • tresa1234
    Options
    OOOH this is being ANNOYING!

0002024C.gif
    [/quote]
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Hey black team I'm working on those fruits and veggies we are suppose to be eating. I didn't realize that I wasn't getting enough fruit until I was paying attention. So am doing bette. Won't weight until Wednesday as that is our weigh in day. So good luck to all. Still doing my walking. :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

ole.gifole.gif

0002024C.gif
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    DONT KILL ME

but is weigh in tuesdays or wensdays?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

so cute!! You have lost so much....you really inspire me to keep going!:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Here, here!!!! Here's to inspiration-- you all are incredible!!

Hope my plateau ends, but who knows-- as of now I have 200 calories til the end of the day. We went out for breakfast on the way to take Mike back to Hershey where he hooked up with his son for the trek back home to Georgia-- so, I had a few too many calories.

Oh well-- I plan to exercise tonight-- good news/bad news-- there is no transcribing work for me tonight. My company goes into a horrible holiday slowdown-- so there will be no income for these past couple days, but it's been nice family time and tonight I can exercise without worrying about squeezing it in between typing sessions. Hopefully business will pick up soon-- yipes.
  • jackobean29
    jackobean29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm changing the topic for now, I'm sooo excited for BIggest Loser to start tomorrow night. This time I won't be eating chocolates and cake while I'm watching, I'm down 4 pounds so far this week, hoping for 5. I'm not sure which day we are weighing in either, we started on a thursday. If we are going a week from thurs we'd be weighing in on Wednesdays?
  • jackobean29
    jackobean29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Not sure why my ticker doesn't show up, any suggestions, or am I the only one that can't see it?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Make your ticker
    Copy the code
    Go to "My Home"
    Go to "settings"
    Go to "change forum signature"
    Copy code there.

WaLA!

I'll bbl to say much more...y'all know how I get going.:bigsmile: