Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

September Cycling Challenge - 150 + Miles, 1 month

Replies

• I was feelin' pretty good about my 129 until I saw carbonboy's 374 lol

makes ya sick, doesn't it! :)

i lil. :)

I'm just lucky to have the perfect commute to work and a schedule that lets me do it.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    [1st] = 6miles - work commute
    [2nd] = 9miles - work commute plus cycle around town at lunchtime
    [3rd] = 0 - ill
    [4th] = 0 - ill
    [5th] = 0 - ill
    [6th] = 0 - ill
    [7th] = 6miles - work commute
    [8th] = 6miles - work commute
    [9th] = 9miles - work commute plus cycle around town at lunchtime
    [10th] = 22miles - cycle to nearby Abingdon for a baby shower/picnic. Cycle to pub in evening
    [11th] = 25miles - Cycletta South race
    [12th] = 0 - rest day

=Total so far = 83miles
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    9/8 18.53
    9/10 37.73

Since my goal for the month is only 100, I am over halfway there. Even then, I am not sure my time constraints will allow me to meet my goal but I am giving it a go!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    week 1 42.2

week 2:143.4

total september: 185.6
  • week 1 42.2

total september: 185.6

woah, you killed it last week! good job!
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Wow - so many of you are really racking up the miles! Woo hoo!

I'm a total rookie and didn't even think I'd make 150 this month... but it's getting easier and I'm starting to think it's maybe... maybe... possible. :)

9/2/2011 Taylor Rd. Loop 5.1
    9/4/2011 Stationary @ Gym 10.8
    9/7/2011 Stationary @ Gym 14.2
    9/8/2011 Stationary @ Gym 6.1
    9/10/2011 Grocery store trip 5.9
    9/11/2011 Havens Corners Loop 7.8
    9/12/2011 Taylor Rd. Loop 5.1

Total's in my ticker!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    5 miles to the post office and back. I am now at 107.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Wow - so many of you are really racking up the miles! Woo hoo!

I'm a total rookie and didn't even think I'd make 150 this month... but it's getting easier and I'm starting to think it's maybe... maybe... possible. :)

I find that it it easier when I can run errands on my bike like a trip to the post office or the grocery store. Ithelps me get out on days that I might not otherwise exercise.
  • RickinNH
    RickinNH Posts: 73 Member
    Count me in!

exercise.png
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    I'm almost at 150 now so count me in for 312.5 (500km)
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    week 1 42.2

week 3: 25.8//

september:185.6
  • mowrites
    mowrites Posts: 24 Member
    This is a bit late to join up but my brother in law is bringing his old bike to my in laws house today so I can go get and use it for this challenge. I discovered shortly after finding the challenge that i didn't have my old bike. It was so busted up that at one cleansing event we pitched it lol

so in order to catch up im estimating i need to do 10 miles a day lol hi ho here we go!

I'll let u know if i can even take 3 miles!
  • This is a bit late to join up but my brother in law is bringing his old bike to my in laws house today so I can go get and use it for this challenge. I discovered shortly after finding the challenge that i didn't have my old bike. It was so busted up that at one cleansing event we pitched it lol

so in order to catch up im estimating i need to do 10 miles a day lol hi ho here we go!

I'll let u know if i can even take 3 miles!

It doesn't really matter what your mileage goal is. Just pick a number you think you can reasonably achieve and then do your best. It's never too late to start. Good luck!!
  • another 20 for me tonight. 133.4 so far this month.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    In my group ride tonight I pulled a paceline for .5 miles at 23 mph. And then of course got dropped off the back of the line! But hey, I felt pretty hardcore for about 2 minutes there.
  • mowrites
    mowrites Posts: 24 Member
    I GOT A BIKE!!!! IM STARTING TOMORROW!!!! YIPPEEE!!:tongue:
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    I GOT A BIKE!!!! IM STARTING TOMORROW!!!! YIPPEEE!!:tongue:

Woohoo! Bring it!!! :)
  • In my group ride tonight I pulled a paceline for .5 miles at 23 mph. And then of course got dropped off the back of the line! But hey, I felt pretty hardcore for about 2 minutes there.

Half mile is a long pull. Pull off sooner and you'll have enough left to tuck back in at the back of the pack. But I know it can be fun to sit at the front for a while.
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Rode 21 miles tonight; 173 for September now.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    12.3km today, that's a total of 205.3km this month so far. Just another 295 to go...