Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So, now that I already wrote this I'll do it again. I've never been on a topic at the end, so I didn't know about finding the link to continue it at the bottom.

Anyhow...my weight is the same 188. :grumble: Not giving up, it's not an option. I still have almost 7 weeks till Christmas to boot the 8 lbs to my goal. A little unrealistic at this point in the game for the rate of my current progress BUT my weight lifting book I requested is in at the library .SOOOOOOOOO if I can remember to stop when I drive by it 3x a day to actually pick it up - I'll be on my way to that goal. :laugh:

Sam, great results on your shredding congratulations.

I noticed the gym is really crowded all of a sudden. Our temps are hitting 45-50 degrees now. Everyone must be coming in to be warm. boo hiss!

I look forward to a good week. Keep on moving friends. Hope you found the link okay.
    Leila
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm off to Port Townsend tomorrow morning. I hope to be logging in, but I won't weigh in until Monday next week.
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    YaY to us page 3
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160 (September 5)
    Week 4 - 161 (September 12)
    Week 5 - 159.5 (September 19)
    Week 6 - 158.0 (September 26)
    Week 7 - 157.0 (October 3)
    Week 8 - 155.5 (October 10)
    Week 9- 155.5 (October 17)
    Week 10- 154.0 (October 24)

Yay! Maybe I have pushed over the plateau hump. I appreciate all of you ladies sharing your lives and letting us lean on each other for support. I don't comment often enough, but I do try to read everything and stay up. Next goal is 10,000 steps and abs (YUCK!). Here goes nothing...
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Looks like generally people are making good progress this weigh-in. My first post didn’t work due to the new thread.

sports2mom sorry to hear about the Lyme decease but glad you know why you weren’t feeling well and know what to do about it

Gwen enjoy Port Townsend

Leila good attitude.

I am not home at the right time to weigh-in now since I am helping my Mom since she broke her collar bone. I will let you know when I do. Not sure I can make much progress under the circumstances.
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I missed the weigh in last week. However, neither last week nor this week did I see a change. It's okay because I found out last week I have Lyme Disease which explains why I have not energy to workout! One month of antibiotics and I should be back in shape. So, I am happy to maintain until I have the energy to workout again! Hope you all have a wonderful week and keep up the good work!

I hear you I was happy to maintain while I was recuperating from my accident. Hopefully the antibiotics kick in soon!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    So, now that I already wrote this I'll do it again. I've never been on a topic at the end, so I didn't know about finding the link to continue it at the bottom.

Anyhow...my weight is the same 188. :grumble: Not giving up, it's not an option. I still have almost 7 weeks till Christmas to boot the 8 lbs to my goal. A little unrealistic at this point in the game for the rate of my current progress BUT my weight lifting book I requested is in at the library .SOOOOOOOOO if I can remember to stop when I drive by it 3x a day to actually pick it up - I'll be on my way to that goal. :laugh:

Sam, great results on your shredding congratulations.

I noticed the gym is really crowded all of a sudden. Our temps are hitting 45-50 degrees now. Everyone must be coming in to be warm. boo hiss!

I look forward to a good week. Keep on moving friends. Hope you found the link okay.
    Leila

My gym is crowded to -3 here in the morning I think that would be around 27 or so for you gals in the states, so my nice outside walks have moved indoors to the treadmill, but tougher to do, so I gotta keep at it. 8lbs.... never know what the weight training will do, you might be surprised :smile:
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160 (September 5)
    Week 4 - 161 (September 12)
    Week 5 - 159.5 (September 19)
    Week 6 - 158.0 (September 26)
    Week 7 - 157.0 (October 3)
    Week 8 - 155.5 (October 10)
    Week 9- 155.5 (October 17)
    Week 10- 154.0 (October 24)

Yay! Maybe I have pushed over the plateau hump. I appreciate all of you ladies sharing your lives and letting us lean on each other for support. I don't comment often enough, but I do try to read everything and stay up. Next goal is 10,000 steps and abs (YUCK!). Here goes nothing...

Great job, I know it is always such a relief to start to see the scale move again... 10000 steps will go a long way on keeping that momentum going!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    FINALLY...a bit of a move on the scale. I'll take it!

GW - 145 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - missed
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160.2(Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 158.4 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 158.2 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 157.2 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 157.2 (Oct 3)
    Week 8 - 157.2(Oct 10)
    Week 9 - 157.2(Oct 17)
    Week 10 - 157.0(Oct 24)
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be late posting this week. It looks like everyone is doing great ! I am so proud of each one of you !!! :drinker: I did get to see the scale move down this week. :love: My water is looking much better in that glass..lol. Sleep...ah sleep...will try that again this week. And...Exercise...well you know about that...not enough. Will work on that too. :wink: SW- 209 GW - 185 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 207 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 204 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 203 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 203 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 203 (Sep 19) ...And my Anniversary !
    Week 6 - 199 (Sep 26) ...Out of the 200's...Finally !!!!!
    Week 7 - 196 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 193 (Oct 10)... I just about fell over in the floor this morning ! love
    Week 10 - 193 (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - 191 (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7) - Mini Goal - (190 lbs. )
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    just a little bump, so i don't lose track of the new page in my haste :embarassed:
  • dlperry65
    Options
    Bump:drinker: So I can find the thread later! Hope everyone is having a good week.
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I was just on my computer and wanted to check in with everyone mid-week to see how you are all doing!

It's not often that I'm on my computer other than the weekend, so I do apologize for not posting more often. But I like to keep busy and keep myself from plunking down in front of the computer or television. Been out every evening this week - aquacise Sunday night, basketball game with friends and family Monday night, movie with a friend last night, and aquacise again tonight.

The movie we saw last night was Footloose. Anybody else seen it? Made me want to get up and dance. Would love to learn once I become more fit and slim!

Anyway, I hope everyone's having a great week! Hang in there, WE GOT THIS! And I'll catch up with you all on the weekend.

:heart:
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 208.1 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 208.1 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 206.7 (Sep 5) .loss of 1.3 lbs
    Week 4 - 206.7 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 204.6 (Sep 19) loss of 2.1 lbs
    Week 6 - 202.6 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 202.6 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 202.3 (Oct 10) loss of .3... i guess a loss is a loss is a loss!!!
    Week 10 - 202.3(Oct 17)
    Week 11 - 200.6 (Oct 24) loss of 1.7
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

Sorry for the late post... I had weighed in and then forgot all about posting!!!
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Long day yesterday but I got my workout in.:bigsmile: Dropped off truck for repairs, worked, picked up daughter to shop for costumes, picked up son, worked out, picked up rental car, mine wasn't done:angry: , drop daughter back off, ate a horrible chinese takeout dinner ( lost my taste for it, way too salty...ICK ! :grumble: ) went to bed. Today is more of the same with an additional 3 hour meeting after work .

I'm looking forward to coming home , hitting the gym and eating some meatloaf that I've already prepped and put in the fridge. :bigsmile: whew...

Tanny...I haven't seen it yet, but I remember loving the original...ahh Kevin Bacon back in the 80's LOL...:laugh:

Anyone doing something fun for Halloween this weekend ?? I have a great party to go to tomorrow. My girlfriend is way over the top when it comes to this holiday. She already won out towns best decorated house for it. The food is amazing and I'm planning on hitting my Insanity class before it to make sure I don't over indulge and pay for it.

Have a great day !! One more day till Friday !!
  • tannyb
    Options
    Leila - yes I remember the original Footloose, but only vaguely (memory's getting so bad in my old age - lol!) Now I want to see it again to refresh my memory (and of course, compare the two.) In this new one, Willard was my favourite character - he was just hilarious! And the kind of music that just makes you want to move is my favourite kind, so of course, I loved the music, too!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Sherrill glad to see you got things moving in the right direction.
    Beth, congrats on getting out of the 200’s!
    Kristel, loved you midweek check in and it inspires me to get going. I want my life back. This morning I finally went to Aquafit since I am getting a break from caring for my mother this weekend. My favorite teacher wasn’t there and it really wasn’t the same but after a week without real exercise I’ll take it. It has been a while since I did Zumba and my husband and I want to take more dance lessons. It is great exercise and fun. Good for you in staying so active.
    babygrl, you are so close to onderland you must be excited. Can’t wait for next week. You are doing so well.
    Leila, wow what a busy life! That is when I lose the best – when I am busy and active. Hope you have a great party.
    The plan is for my Mom to move into a retirement community this Tuesday where she can get more care. So I will be through with Halloween and taking as much time out to care for my mother early next week. I still think my week will be off. However I do not think I will be staying over anymore. She is doing much better. I haven’t gained at least but I have been having a hard time checking the scales lately.
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    just sating i'm still here,

try to post something more meaning full later.
    sam
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I just got back from my artist's retreat. Up a bit on weight, but wasn't tracking calories, drinking enough water or exercising. Back to the grind this week.

Posting my numbers and updating my ticker:

SW - 192.5
    GW - 172 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 191 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 194.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 192.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 191.6 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 190.4 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 189.4 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 187.6 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 187.2 (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - 187.2 (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - 186.2 (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28) mini goal 182
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • tannyb
    Options
    This will be quick because I have to go get ready for aquacise, but I have a lot to do this evening after class, so I better check in now, or it will be next weekend before I get a chance again.

I lost 1.1lbs this week, which I am quite happy with. I wanted to lose 1.6 to get to 56 (my ticker shows that anyway - it cheats, lol) but I'm at 55.5 and I have already reached my goal for Christmas (I'm at 264.3), so now I'm gonna shoot for somewhere between 250-255ish and see if I can do it!

I don't think I will get 120km walked in October. I'm close - 112.95 as of yesterday - but today the weather is very icky and I don't think I can do 7k tomorrow because of Halloween (weekdays I usually do 2k at lunch and close to 4 after supper.) I did lots of treadmill, though because it gets dark so early now. I didn't count any of that towards my mileage as my app uses GPS, so it doesn't track anything on treadmill.

Epic fail on the sleep thing. Still only getting to bed at midnight or later and sleep by 1AM. What is wrong with me!?! I just try to fit too much into one day, I guess, but I'll try again this week. Gonna continue to bring one veggie and one fruit to work with me each day, also.

Keri, glad you enjoyed my little check in post. It's kind of a foreign concept to me that I could inspire others, so thanks for saying that you were inspired by me. I want you to know that you inspire me with all the working out that you do. I'm glad that you will soon have more time to devote to your health and fitness.

Gwen, welcome back - glad you had fun on your retreat. I know you'll get right back at it and be down again in no time!

SW - 287
    GW - 265 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 282 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 282 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 281 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 278 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 277 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 274 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 274 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 272 (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - 270 (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - 265 (Oct 24)