Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    (How bad of luck can one person have?? ) Donna, you have surely had your share of bad luck lately. :noway: I am glad to hear from you. I was getting a little worried again. I wish you a speedy recovery.:flowerforyou:

Thanks
  • brobin41101
    Options
    WOW, Can you believe the news !!!!! Look at what we have accomplished as a group. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Donna reported that : (As a group we have lost 212.4 lbs. We are a 1/4 of the way there as a group, our group goal is 833.8lbs! So one big guy down three more to lose! )..................What a wonderful total !!! Congratulations to everyone ! :smile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    ...Driving home Monday night after the long weekend and I hit a deer.

Oh Donna! That can be so dangerous. Good thing you have airbags.

When I have a string of bad luck, I think, "Ok universe, go ahead, pile it on now. Better to get it over with now than have to deal with this stuff for an extended period."

I hope you recover quickly.

I am going to have to try that one... nothing else seems to be working.:laugh:
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Driving home Monday night after the long weekend and I hit a deer. Seems like nothing big, living in the country I have hit several over the years, this guy I hit full on so hard that it inflated my airbags and broke two of my ribs.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you have a speedy, healthy recovery!!!
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Been working the morning shift that starts at 6:45 am :noway: It certainly makes for a long day. Tomorrow is the last of it, then back to my normal schedule. Still doing great on my workouts. I just finished eating a whole acorn squash for a snack...now I'm really full :embarassed: But I was hungry and it's a great big veggie.

Beth- have you had a chance to have a squash yet ??
    Donna, so sorry to hear about your ribs. Poor girl...heal quickly my friend.:heart: sending good mojo your way.
    Keri- glad to hear your out running again.
    Kbirk- your losing, so it all counts... I'm at a snail pace too.
    clsalmon, hope your daughter is better
    ladyduddy- congrats on the " new " found nightie...I'm sure it feels great :bigsmile:

okay, the sleep is setting in. Have a wonderful Friday... I can't believe it's here already.

~ Leila

212 lb. man?? .... that would be my 16 year old 6 foot 4 inch son. :laugh: I would hate to lose him, he gives the best hugs ~:bigsmile:
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    SW = 191.4
    Week 6 = 184.5
    Week 7 = 183.5
    Week 8 = 182.3
    Week 9 here we come!
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    How bad of luck can one person have?? I wrote last week that my father in law passed away two weeks ago now. I was off enjoying thanksgiving (Canadian) this past weekend. Driving home Monday night after the long weekend and I hit a deer. Seems like nothing big, living in the country I have hit several over the years, this guy I hit full on so hard that it inflated my airbags and broke two of my ribs. I am recovering but so much for getting any walking in. Will try to update everyone's progress tonight.

Thanks

So sorry to hear that you're having such bad luck. I'm sure broken ribs must be very painful - I hope you heal up fast, so that you can get back to your walking regimen. Hugs! :heart:
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well, I've had a super busy week, so I didn't have a lot of time for walking. Though I did get some in, it might make it difficult to get to 120km for October. But I'm still aiming for that and I think I can still get there.

See last Monday was a holiday here in Canada (Thanksgiving), so I had the day off and decided to tear my bedroom apart to give it a good cleaning and get rid of some of the clutter. Then I decided that I should paint it - well the stores were closed, so I had to wait until Tuesday after work to pick up the paint. Then we decided we should get a new bed - ours was probably 15 years old, so I guess it was kinda overdue. Picked up one of those mattresses in a box and the frame that you don't need a box spring with on Tuesday evening as well.

Painted the first coat Tuesday evening, the second coat Wednesday afternoon (then put in a few more hours at work in the evening), and the third coat Thursday evening. Decided to change out all the furniture, too, so ordered it online and it will be here in about three weeks.

Moved the television and entertainment centre out of the bedroom (that was a battle I never thought I'd win, though I'd been waging it for years) and into the family room downstairs. The one that was downstairs came upstairs to my youngest son's room. So basically I've been painting, cleaning out clutter, and moving furniture all week. So even though I was over my calories by 2 or 3 hundred for a few days out of this week, I probably wasn't really because I didn't log any of that extra work (wouldn't even know where to begin.)

Anyway, I must have stayed under with the extra work, cuz check out my ticker - I finally got it up to 50. Yes, I did lose 2 pounds this week, even though we had takeout too much (hardly had time for sleep, let alone grocery shopping and cooking.) So, I'm now at 269.6 (which I've rounded to 270).

So, I have to get back to basics. My goals for this week are to get back to my walking, cut out the takeout and get to bed early (this past week, I'd fall into bed exhausted around 1AM only to be back up by 6 or 7, so that cannot continue.)

I am also going to continue to bring at least one fruit and one vegetable to work with me each day - I did pretty well with that last week, but I'm going to try to do even better this week.

I wish you all great successes this week and thanks to everyone again for the continued support! :heart:

SW - 287
    GW - 265 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 282 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 282 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 281 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 278 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 277 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 274 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 274 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 272 (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - 270 (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Still hanging in there at 157.2. Eating what feels like MUCH more...hoping for something next week.

Second round of Synvisc shots went just as well, only one more this Thursday! I actually think that my knees feel better too. They seem to be less "crackly" :-)

GW - 145 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - missed
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160.2(Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 158.4 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 158.2 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 157.2 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 157.2 (Oct 3)
    Week 8 - 157.2(Oct 10)
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I haven't been well focused this week. Stayed the same weight wise 187.2lbs.

I have a second round of interviews scheduled for tomorrow (Monday) so we'll see what happens next.
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well done ladies,

SW - 194
    GW - 174 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 194 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 192 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 189 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 187.8 (Sep 12) goal for coming week GET EXERCISE
    Week 5 - 186.2 (Sep 19) . DITTO get off your *kitten*, & go to bed by 10.30pm sod the housework.
    Week 6 - 184.6 (Sep 26) GO TO BED
    Week 7 - 182.8 (Oct 3) half way to Christmas goal, happy days, still have to go to bed earlier.
    Week 9 - 181 (Oct 10) BED BED BED
    Week 10 -179.8 (Oct 17) still need to go to bed earlier, try to reduce none fruit & veggie carbs.
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies. I spent the weekend outside in the rain taking photos of my daughters rugby game. ( they are undefeated and onto the playoffs !!)

For the first time since I've started here in April, I didn't log my calories. I just didn't feel like it. I don't think I ate too bad, I just didn't feel like keeping track and making those decisions. I'm pretty sure I would have been over, but not horribly. And quite frankly, I just don't care. So there :tongue:

Well , that was yesterday so onto today. :bigsmile: The infamous Monday start day. I had oatmeal and a banana for breakfast and enjoyed every bite.

My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm sure it's the same as last week. I believe it's time to switch things up and not sure what to do. I already do circuit training class 3 days a week ( M,W,F) and use the elliptical on the other two days ( Tu, Thurs ). Saturday and Sundays are either rest days or a quick trip to the park or gym. So...how does one switch that up ?? I am thinking heavy weight training on Tues. Thurs, something to confuse the old body. I feel great at my current weight, I have 25 lbs to lose still. My legs, thighs and stomach still have work to be done there. So I see how weights can help with the fat burning process.

My classes are three different trainers, Monday is similar to insanity, Wednesday is similar to 30 day shred, and Friday is a combo of both styles. So I am doing weights, cardio and running in all of them. I feel like heavy weights is my only option. Opinions ??? anybody get to that point yet, what did you do ??

Kristel- wow :noway: I'm envious of all that house work and painting you did. I am so excited for your new furniture to come. I would love to do all that to my house. Yea, new stuff !! Congrats on hitting 50 lbs. :bigsmile:

I'll check in later, have a great day !

Leila
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Physical therapy starts on Tuesday. My knee really hurts. Doctor said no running, jumping, or wearing heels. I have been walking slowly, stop my big jumping workout. It's ok, giving me time to focus on abs.

Have a good week all.

SW - 155
    GW - 139 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 152(Aug 22)
    Week 2 -150 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 150 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 149 (Sep 12) Goal: Water, Water , Water (Met)
    Week 5 - 144(Sep 19) Goal: Work out each day while away. Drink Water (Met)
    Week 6 - 143 (Sep 26) Goal: I'll stick with water goal, 30 DS every day this week (Met)
    Week 7 -141 (Oct 3) Goal: call the Dr. can't ignore the knee pain anymore (Met)
    Week 8- 139 (Oct 10) Goal: Out of town on business- maintain workout schedule (Met)
    Week 9- 138 (Oct 17) Goal: Make up for less intense workout with lots of water and lower sodium intake
    Week 10- (Oct 24)
    Week 11- (Oct 31)
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    SW - 252
    GW - 222 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 252 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 249 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5) On VACATION, no scale.
    Week 4 - 249 (Sep 12) Bummer, still on vacation recovery
    Week 5 - 248 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 243 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 241 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 239 (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - 237 (Oct 17)

Doing great! I came down with a little cold yesterday, but I know I'll recover quickly. I hope everyone is having a wonderful October. I went through my closet the other night and found a box of tops and winter clothes that I haven't worn in years because they were all too small. I was able to fit into all but two of the tops, so I hung them up. Those last two will fit in about 10 more pounds. I decided to thin out a few of my less-than-favorite oldies, since I don't like having a lot of "stuff". I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe. Now I need some new hangers (or possibly some more thinning).
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Sam, kepete, great progress
    Krystel, great progress too despite being so busy. I think some busyness helps and others don’t. Congrats on hitting 50 pounds lost.
    Sherrill and Gwen I am staying the same weight too this week. I am wondering about upping calories since I am not moving with them lower now and I am doing a lot of exercise. best wishes with your knees Sherrill and with your interview Gwen. Maintaining the weight you lose and exercising really has a lot of important benefits too.
    Runninggirl sorry about your knee but great work making progress anyway.
    Pangui great scale and non scale victories. You are doing great!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Monday check in. I still haven't lost despite pretty much keeping calories under goal, doing well on water and exercising. However yesterday was an off day in that I was awakened at 4:00 AM to help my Mother who had fallen out of bed and went to the ER. We made it in time before they left so I could follow her to the right hospital. I stayed with her till we got her home and until another sister could relieve me. So no sleep and no exercise yesterday and food wasn't bad but with no exercise I went over. The day before I was under but I probably got too much sodium eating out. So if I made any progress this week it wasn't showing on the scale this morning. I think that since it is my first weeks of weight training and interval runs there is a good chance my muscles could be retaining water and I may be upping my percentage of muscle as well. So although I may be making progress that will help down the line I am not be seeing it on the scale. I was pretty good at the water but under the circumstances I think even more could help. I have been back to aquafit now that the pool is open again. It gets some areas nothing else does. Especially obliques and my core. It also keeps me well stretched out. I went this morning but need to go back to the gym and do my weight training. Wanted to get some breakfast first. I was reading that for fat burning 30- 45 minutes are optimal. I think that an hour of walking or aquafit is ok but I am thinking of limiting more intense cardio or weight training to 45 minutes at most unless I am just taking it slow or resting between sets I usually do well making healthy foods at home early in the week but with our schedule Thursday and Friday are harder.
    SW - 231
    GW - 210 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 229.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 229.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 229.8 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 229.0 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 226.8 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 226.8 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 225.4 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 225.4 (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - 225.4 (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31) Goal 220
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28) Goal 215
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25) Goal 210
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 208.1 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 208.1 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 206.7 (Sep 5) .loss of 1.3 lbs
    Week 4 - 206.7 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 204.6 (Sep 19) loss of 2.1 lbs
    Week 6 - 202.6 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 202.6 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 202.3 (Oct 10) loss of .3... i guess a loss is a loss is a loss!!!
    Week 10 - 202.3 (Oct 17) .Got TOM..blech!.. stayed same
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • dlperry65
    Options
    Well, no loss this week, that TOM. But after seein all the ones who have had to wait several weeks for a change, will hope I see a change downward next week!
    Keep up the good work, everybody.

SW - 171
    GW - 150(Dec 25)

Week 1 - 169.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 167.2 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 166.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - XXX (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 168.4 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 165.4(Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 164.0 (Oct 3)
    Week 8 - 162.2 (Oct 10)
    Week 9 - 162.2 (Oct 17)

10466856.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • brobin41101
    Options
    Well , another week down . Looks good so far ladies :wink: As for me...no change. :huh: This week will be the same...water, exercise and sleep. The latter of which I have struggled with the most this week. Crazy work schedule :grumble: Good luck to everyone this week. :drinker: SW- 209 GW - 185 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 207 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 204 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 203 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 203 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 203 (Sep 19) ...And my Anniversary !
    Week 6 - 199 (Sep 26) ...Out of the 200's...Finally !!!!!
    Week 7 - 196 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 193 (Oct 10)... I just about fell over in the floor this morning ! love
    Week 10 - 193 (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7) - Mini Goal - (190 lbs. )
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160 (September 5)
    Week 4 - 161 (September 12)
    Week 5 - 159.5 (September 19)
    Week 6 - 158.0 (September 26)
    Week 7 - 157.0 (October 3)
    Week 8 - 155.5 (October 10)
    Week 9- 155.5 (October 17)

My biggest issue- not sleeping. Our 4 year old has gotten up 3 times in the last week for hours in pain. It's either growing pains or flat feet, which I'm having checked tomorrow. I have had so little sleep that it's ridiculous. And I'm starting to munch on things. That needs to end. Happy to maintain this week.