Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• skinee4life
    skinee4life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sorry for not updating on Sunday....Thanksgiving here in Canada and was enjoying turkey 2 days in a row!

My weight on Sunday was 169.7lbs so that is a 1.8lb loss!! My goals for the week are:

*Spend some more time on the forums and checking in with MFP friends
    *Drink 2 Litres of water per day
    *Exercise 5 days this week
    *I'm running a 10km race on Saturday, and I want to finish in 70 mins (my last 10km race was 85 mins)

Have an awesome week everyone :heart:
  • maisiecm
    maisiecm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    pangui
    managed to lose 1lb this week which I am pleased with as it was my birthday on Saturday,although I was very good and declined a birthday cake, did go to pizza hut for tea though!!!

Hope everyone is okay and congrats to those who have lost.

Wow! I am terribly impressed that you even declined birthday cake! Talk about commitment. You must be pretty proud of yourself!

Thanks. Not hard for me to resist birthday cake as I don't really like cake except cream apple turnovers and carrot cake :happy:
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, everyone is doing so well this week.

I had a job interview yesterday. I was so glad thinking about having lost weight and I am looking thinner. I did go out and buy a pair of slacks that fit me at Fred Meyer. Nothing expensive, I just didn't want to look baggy. I'm right between a 12 and a 14 right now. I wanted to buy the size 12, but I knew better. They just didn't lay as well as the 14's. Soon, soon, I'll be able to drag the old pair of 12's out of the closet.

I was scheduled for four back to back, 30 minute interviews. That's ok, but as a small company of 60 people, making sure I'm a good fit with the culture is important. I also need to convince the engineers that I know the technology, can communicate effectively with them, as well as explain the information to someone else. That is very difficult to do in 30 minutes. As I expected, it turned into four 1 hour interviews. I felt very good about the first three interviews, ok about the fourth with the hiring manager. The hiring manager is the manager for the position too.
  • kbirk1963
    Options
    I haven't gotten to post anything for the past 2 weeks. But here it is now. My weight lost for the past 2 weeks totaled 1.4 pounds. Steady but slow I guess. I started my walking program yesterday. Walked 1.5 miles in 30 min. I walked in intervals. Really enjoyed it. Gave me energy for the rest of the evening and I slept really good last night.
    Christmas Challenge SW - 201 GW - 175 (Dec 25) Week 1 - 199.2 (Aug 22) Week 2 - 197.8 (Aug 29) Week 3 - 199.8 (Sep 5) Week 4 - 199 (Sept 12) Week 5 - 199.8 (Sept 19) Week 6 - 195.4 (Sept. 26) Week 7 - 195 (Oct 3)
    Week 8 - 194.4 (Oct 10)
  • kbirk1963
    Options
    I haven't gotten to post anything for the past 2 weeks. But here it is now. My weight lost for the past 2 weeks totaled 1 pound. Steady but slow I guess. I started my walking program yesterday. Walked 1.5 miles in 30 min. I walked in intervals. Really enjoyed it. Gave me energy for the rest of the evening and I slept really good last night.
    Christmas Challenge SW - 201 GW - 175 (Dec 25) Week 1 - 199.2 (Aug 22) Week 2 - 197.8 (Aug 29) Week 3 - 199.8 (Sep 5) Week 4 - 199 (Sept 12) Week 5 - 199.8 (Sept 19) Week 6 - 195.4 (Sept. 26) Week 7 - 195 (Oct 3)
    Week 8 - 194.4 (Oct 10)
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    SW - 200
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 198 (Aug 24)
    Week 2 - 199 (Aug 31)
    Week 3 - 200.4 (Sep 7)
    Week 4 - 202 (Sep 14)
    Week 5 - 199.8 (Sep 22)
    Week 6 - 197.5 (Sep 26
    Week 7 - 197 (Oct. 3)
    Week 8 - 197 (Oct. 10)

Stayed the same this week but that's definitely better than gaining!
    Goal this week is to stay focused and try to get some fruits and veggies in. Never quite accomplished that so I gotta keep trying :)
  • ladyduddy
    Options
    My challenge this week is going to be to eat healthily whilst staying in a hotel this week and not going over my calories. Going out to dinner with colleagues tonight so am hoping it wont be too heavy and will avoid alcohol! Breakfast is OK as there were plenty of healthy options available - oatmeal, yoghurts and fruit (as well as toast/bagels and boiled eggs and philadelphia cream cheese light version - might go for that tomorrow - yum).
  • clsalmon
    clsalmon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ah, the hurdles that I have been jumping for the past 12 days! First, a severe windstorm (70 mph winds) hit our area, knocking out power for 2 days (to my house - others waited another 2 days longer). I cried when I had to throw all my food away from the frig, but the freezer food is okay.

Next, my 12-year-old daughter has had a terrible virus for a solid week already - high fever, cough, congestion, chills, sore throat, etc. She's missing school, I'm missing work and we're all missing a lot of sleep.

Last, one of my daughter's classmates was diagnosed with leukemia over the weekend. We are a very small, close-knit community and this has shaken everyone to the core.

This is the perfect recipe for an emotional eater like me, but somehow I managed to lose a pound through it all. I can't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, but until then, just logging onto this site and reading all that you ladies are accomplishing has helped keep me grounded in my healthy lifestyle goals. So THANK YOU! Each of you!

Christine
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I had a job interview yesterday. I was so glad thinking about having lost weight and I am looking thinner. ... Soon, soon, I'll be able to drag the old pair of 12's out of the closet.

I was scheduled for four back to back, 30 minute interviews. That's ok, but as a small company of 60 people, making sure I'm a good fit with the culture is important. I also need to convince the engineers that I know the technology, can communicate effectively with them, as well as explain the information to someone else. That is very difficult to do in 30 minutes. As I expected, it turned into four 1 hour interviews. I felt very good about the first three interviews, ok about the fourth with the hiring manager. The hiring manager is the manager for the position too.

It sounds great Gwen. You can feel good that you did well. I think losing helps confidence too. Yes you will be getting out the 12's soon. Thanks for keeping us posted on how it went.
  • KeriA
    Options
    I haven't gotten to post anything for the past 2 weeks. But here it is now. My weight lost for the past 2 weeks totaled 1.4 pounds. Steady but slow I guess. I started my walking program yesterday. Walked 1.5 miles in 30 min. I walked in intervals. Really enjoyed it. Gave me energy for the rest of the evening and I slept really good last night.
    Week 8 - 194.4 (Oct 10)
    Nice to see you back and good progress especially the waling!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Skuirkie after last week staying even is still good progress.
    ladyduddy sounds like the trip is going well. Keep up the good work
    Christine, sorry to hear it has been hard lately but glad to know you are doing well not letting it sidetrack your staying healthy.

Went for my first rainy cool run of the season and got drenched. I need to get prepared for this. I was wet but happy. So far so good with the exercise this week - weight training was yesterday and tomorrow. Now it is time to go to grocery store and get some food to make a few healthy dinners. Just finished the homemade split pea. Time to make some more soup soon. We went out last night for Indian food to celebrate my son getting a job offer for the summer. He is 2nd year law and this is the year they hire you for the summer (Summer Associate) in anticipation of taking you on after graduation. So it is a big thing. I did OK. Had fun finding all the dishes on MFP. I often see posts where people say I went out for ________ and I am not even going to try and log this. Well I found it all. We shared several Indian desserts too. I never have any trouble logging Dim Sum either. MFP is really great!
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am not very up on the acronyms - apologies! what are NSVs? I think they are good news of some kind?!
    LOL, Please don't apologize , I too had to ask. I must say,:wink: I got some very interesting answers...then I got the correct one...Non Scale Victory. You were right it is good news.:flowerforyou:
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :drinker: It sounds as though most of you have a loss to report this week . :drinker: As for me I have done quite a bit better with getting my water . Still trying to get more than eight glasses. My exercise has improved somewhat. With each pound I lose, it gets easier. :smile: My sleep still needs a lot of work. That may be my main focus this week. :yawn: Welcome back, for those of you who found the thread again :drinker: :drinker: SW- 209 GW - 185 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 207 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 204 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 203 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 203 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 203 (Sep 19) ...And my Anniversary !
    Week 6 - 199 (Sep 26) ...Out of the 200's...Finally !!!!!
    Week 7 - 196 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - 193 (Oct 10)... I just about fell over in the floor this morning ! :love:
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7) - Mini Goal - (190 lbs. )
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is SUCH an inspiration :flowerforyou:

Sorry being a day late. Early work meeting yesterday morning left no extra time.

Down 1.1 pounds. And recovering from being down with a bad back. Onward!

GW - 199.9 (Dec 25)
    SW - 225.3
    Week 1 - 225.3 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 224.0 (Aug 29) - nutrition goal: drink 8 cups of water per day and meet weekly calories-burned goal
    Week 3 - 222.4 (Sept 5) - exercise goal this week: increase cardio time in workouts
    Week 4 - 225.3 (Sept 11) - limiting alcohol to weekends only and getting the cardio up & going
    Week 5 - 224.7 (Sept 19) - getting the cardio up & going!
    Week 6 - 222.7 (Sept 26) - getting the cardio up & going... still
    Week 7 - 221.8 (Oct 3) - still working on cardio regime!
    Week 8 - 220.7 (Oct 10) - vacation to visit my daughter at college for a few days... I want to not gain!
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    How bad of luck can one person have?? I wrote last week that my father in law passed away two weeks ago now. I was off enjoying thanksgiving (Canadian) this past weekend. Driving home Monday night after the long weekend and I hit a deer. Seems like nothing big, living in the country I have hit several over the years, this guy I hit full on so hard that it inflated my airbags and broke two of my ribs. I am recovering but so much for getting any walking in. Will try to update everyone's progress tonight.

Thanks
  • ladyduddy
    Options
    oh my goodness, look after yourself! Broken ribs are no fun. At least you can spend time thinking about losing weight and staying healthy and reading more of the inspiration on this site! I have really enjoyed spending time reading about others' success stories.
    Beth, that is great news - good for you - you are really doing fantastically well!!
    Christmas is looming but still a few weeks away. I even did some Christmas shopping this last weekend.
    My recent NSVs (now that I know what that means!!) :

- I can fit into a beautiful full length cream silk nightdress that my lovely mother in law bought me 3 Christmasses ago and which I was too embarrassed to tell her wouldnt fit me. Now it does and it looks fabulous!!!
    - work colleauges around my own age (I will be 49 in Jan!) asking me how I have managed to lose weight and look great! I am evangelising about MFP to everyone!!
    - being able to run! I have always wanted to be a runner!! I am going to do a 5K run (dressed in a santa outfit!) to raise money for charity in late November and I have been able to go from never having run before in my life at all, to being able to run 5K.

I have others - will try and think of them later and add them when I am back in my hotel room eating my healthy dinner lol.
  • clsalmon
    clsalmon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yikes! We hit deer here a lot, too, but I've never had the airbags deploy! Are you in much pain? I'm so sorry to hear about this - please heal well and take care.
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Well great job group! Some of you have had some awesome NSV's like out the X sizes, refinding clothes in your closet that fit etc. That is so terrific. As a group we have lost 212.4 lbs. We are a 1/4 of the way there as a group, our group goal is 833.8lbs! So one big guy down three more to lose!

Keep it up everyone :smile: :drinker:
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well great job group! Some of you have had some awesome NSV's like out the X sizes, refinding clothes in your closet that fit etc. That is so terrific. As a group we have lost 212.4 lbs. We are a 1/4 of the way there as a group, our group goal is 833.8lbs! So one big guy down three more to lose!

Keep it up everyone :smile: :drinker:

sorry to hear about you run in with a wild beast, dear lord the shock would have unnerved me, i go into shock when i hit the wild life, but only have to contend with, pigeons, rabbits, pheasants, nothing the size of a dear.
    Please give your self the time to heal.

P.S.
    love the amended spreadsheet.
    you are the most dedicated leader.
    Sam
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    ...Driving home Monday night after the long weekend and I hit a deer.

Oh Donna! That can be so dangerous. Good thing you have airbags.

When I have a string of bad luck, I think, "Ok universe, go ahead, pile it on now. Better to get it over with now than have to deal with this stuff for an extended period."

I hope you recover quickly.