Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• dlperry65
    Options
    Samhradh, so sorry to hear about your mom,
    Found out in June my Father in law had lung cancer. It did take awhile to get all the details and be sure to ask questions and even talk to more than one cancer doctor. He has finished treatement and we are waiting the 3 months to find out if it worked.

SW - 171
    GW - 150(Dec 25)

Week 1 - 169.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 167.2 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 166.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - XXX (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 168.4 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 165.4(Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 164.0 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx- (Dec 25)

Despite my eating habits, the weight is slowing coming off. Did NOT walk except one time last week, so will try to walk more this week. Have been reading about fiber again, so this week work on getting more fiber.
    Hope everyone has a good week.
    Lisa
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Down .9 pounds. And down with a bad back - ugh! Short my 218 goal today... but see under 220 in my near future :D

GW - 199.9 (Dec 25)
    SW - 225.3
    Week 1 - 225.3 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 224.0 (Aug 29) - nutrition goal: drink 8 cups of water per day and meet weekly calories-burned goal
    Week 3 - 222.4 (Sept 5) - exercise goal this week: increase cardio time in workouts
    Week 4 - 225.3 (Sept 11) - limiting alcohol to weekends only and getting the cardio up & going
    Week 5 - 224.7 (Sept 19) - getting the cardio up & going!
    Week 6 - 222.7 (Sept 26) - getting the cardio up & going... still
    Week 7 - 221.8 (Oct 3) - still working on cardio regime!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE

SW - 252
    GW - 222 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 252 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 249 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5) On VACATION, no scale.
    Week 4 - 249 (Sep 12) Bummer, still on vacation recovery
    Week 5 - 248 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 243 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 241 (Oct 3)
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160 (September 5)
    Week 4 - 161 (September 12)
    Week 5 - 159.5 (September 19)
    Week 6 - 158.0 (September 26)
    Week 7 - 157.0 (October 3)

Working on water and have finally got back onto the exercise wagon. Period about to start, so expecting some bloating. Struggling a bit with getting up to calories and being balanced, but working on that too. Slower progress than I hopes, but something beets going up the scale!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    It's been a tough week, some stressful family troubles ahead, managed to stay strong keep my eating in check, and stuck with the 30DS so 15 days in i have lost 7.5 inches, so i feeling pretty pleased with myself.

So my minds first reaction was to comfort eat, give up on myself as other peoples worries are important than my vanity. But somewhere from the back of my mind something convinced me that i had to get fitter and healthier...

Samhradh, I'm sorry to hear about your mom, taking care of aging parents is hard. My dad really gets me wound up sometimes.

Sounds like you've made some big gains on the emotional side of weight loss. Recognizing the reaction to comfort eat, and then choosing not to eat is a huge victory. When that first happened to me, I felt like my weight loss was really going to be permanent this time. And your right, being healthy and losing weight isn't vanity.

I'm cheering for you!

Gwen
  • _gwen
    Options
    ... down with a bad back - ugh!
    Bummer. I keep running into that problem as well. I go back to baby steps, easy walks, nothing that causes pain, lots of rest and an ice pack or two has helped me. I haven't let the back issues mess up my eating at least. Good progress on the weight loss.
  • mrsbrown2k1
    Options
    160 lb again this week....3 wks in a row. I must, I must break this curse by next Monday!!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,274 Member
    Options
    Gwen great progress
    Sam, sorry to hear the sad news about you Mom. I like that fighting spirit. You are making great progress too. You made it half way already. Take care.
    Runninggirl really nice progress and yes see that Dr.
    Lisa you are making nice progress. I hope you get good news about your father-in-law. Good luck with the fiber.
    paxetamore like you good steady progress. Keep up the great work. Hope that you are saying your back is better now.
    Pangui you seem to be making up for the vacation slow down now!
    Julie you are doing great.
    Tam hope you have a better week. 3 weeks is definitely time to change things up if you don’t see a loss. Wish I could say I had no experience with plateaus but I can't.

Have a great week all!
  • KeriA
    Options
    Monday morning check in. I lost a little more than a pound. Unlike some of you I am happy with that since it is my goal to lose a pound a week. However after this summer and last week I would be happy with more for a while too. Here are last weeks goals. Gwen I bought Bobs Mill Flax Meal and am having it in my Oatmeal today.
    1. drink more than 8 glasses of water a day - Yes.
    2. make healthy meals at home – Yes I did better..
    3. start adding weight training in – Yes, I went twice this week. Hope to go this morning again.
    4. don't miss Zumba this week! - Was not up for it last Friday but plan to go this week.
    5. get enough sleep - Yes but I need to stop pushing late nights.
    6. get a rest day from exercise once a week. Yes Saturday I had a rest day.
    7. I have a small part-time temporary job on Thursday morning so it is messing with my Wednesday running so I need to adjust.
    SW - 231
    GW - 210 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 229.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 229.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 229.8 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 229.0 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 226.8 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 226.8 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 225.4 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31) Goal 220
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28) Goal 215
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25) Goal 210

Gwen I bought Bobs Mill Flax Meal and am having it in my Oatmeal today.

Have a great week all.
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. It seems as though getting my water in for the day is getting much easier now.:drinker: I will continue to work on it in the coming week, as well as work on my exercise. I have done a little better getting more sleep, which has really helped me. Gwen, Congratulations on your mini goal. You should be very proud of yourself. Sam, I am sorry to hear about you Mother. Keep fighting for you and in the long run, it will benefit you, as well as your mother. Keep me posted on her prognosis. Runninggirl, You have been doing a awesome job. Your water and workouts have been great. But do me a big favor and get your knee checked. Better safe than sorry :wink: Dlperry, Slow and steady is the way to go. Keep up the good work ! Paxetamore, Hope you back is getting better. And...Look out ...Under 200 here you come !!! You are doing great.:flowerforyou: Pangui, You have had an awesome recovery from your vacation. Way to go !!!! Your diary is always rockin !!! Keri, You amaze me with your determination and commitment to exercise. You are fabulous:drinker: Tam, I don't know what you are eating because I can't see your diary. I know for me, I hit my plateaus because I wasn't eating enough calories. When I changed things up, I came off the plateaus with great losses. Good luck ! And Julie, You are doing great !!! Your weight loss has been steady throughout the challenge .:flowerforyou: I will catch up with the rest of you as you post .:wink:
    SW- 209 GW - 185 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 207 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 204 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 203 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 203 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 203 (Sep 19) ...And my Anniversary !
    Week 6 - 199 (Sep 26) ...Out of the 200's...Finally !!!!!
    Week 7 - 196 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7) - Mini Goal - (190 lbs. )
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • KeriA
    Options
    Hello everyone. It seems as though getting my water in for the day is getting much easier now.:drinker: I will continue to work on it in the coming week, as well as work on my exercise. I have done a little better getting more sleep, which has really helped me.
    Week 5 - 203 (Sep 19) ...And my Anniversary !
    Week 6 - 199 (Sep 26) ...Out of the 200's...Finally !!!!!
    Week 7 - 196 (Oct 3)
    Did I not notice you got out of the 200's last week? Sorry Congratulations. Great progress.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. It seems as though getting my water in for the day is getting much easier now.:drinker: I will continue to work on it in the coming week, as well as work on my exercise. I have done a little better getting more sleep, which has really helped me. Gwen, Congratulations on your mini goal. You should be very proud of yourself. Sam, I am sorry to hear about you Mother. Keep fighting for you and in the long run, it will benefit you, as well as your mother. Keep me posted on her prognosis. Runninggirl, You have been doing a awesome job. Your water and workouts have been great. But do me a big favor and get your knee checked. Better safe than sorry :wink: Dlperry, Slow and steady is the way to go. Keep up the good work ! Paxetamore, Hope you back is getting better. And...Look out ...Under 200 here you come !!! You are doing great.:flowerforyou: Pangui, You have had an awesome recovery from your vacation. Way to go !!!! Your diary is always rockin !!! Keri, You amaze me with your determination and commitment to exercise. You are fabulous:drinker: Tam, I don't know what you are eating because I can't see your diary. I know for me, I hit my plateaus because I wasn't eating enough calories. When I changed things up, I came off the plateaus with great losses. Good luck ! And Julie, You are doing great !!! Your weight loss has been steady throughout the challenge .:flowerforyou: I will catch up with the rest of you as you post .:wink:

I crown thee head cheerleader :drinker:

And congrats on ONEDERLAND.. that is awesome! So sorry if I missed it! You are truly an inspiration!
  • sports2mom
    sports2mom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok, stayed the same since last week. But that's okay considering I was stress eating as I worked towards a deadline we celebrated our daughter's 10th birthday this past weekend. Water intake was great but didn't get to exercise as much as I wanted. So, this week I'll try to workout more and take more healthy snacks to my office, and of course consume eight or more glasses of water.

Just got in from yoga so I'm going to shower then enjoy a cup of green tea. Have a great week and keep up the good work!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 208.1 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 208.1 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 206.7 (Sep 5) .loss of 1.3 lbs
    Week 4 - 206.7 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 204.6 (Sep 19) loss of 2.1 lbs
    Week 6 - 202.6 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 202.6 (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

challenges for this week ...360 pushups...omg!! they are so hard!!! To burn 5000 calories in a week and have 2437 left to hit goal!
    I noticed I lose weight every 2 weeks... slow going... but better than nothing.
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    SW - 200
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 198(Aug 24)
    Week 2 - 199 (Aug 31)
    Week 3 - 200.4 (Sep 7)
    Week 4 - 202 (Sep 14)
    Week 5 - 199.8 (Sep 22)
    Week 6 - 197.5 (Sep 26
    Week 7 -197 (Oct. 3)

This weeks goal...work on getting my water up and keep trying to limit those carbs. Didn't quite get there but I'm not giving up :)
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Week 1 - 195 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 193 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 193 (Sept 5)
    Week 4 - 191 (Sept 12)
    Week 5 - 191 (Sept 19)
    Week 6 -190 (Sept 26)
    Week 7 - 186.4(Oct 3) OMG !!! Really !!!

Okay I don't know how it happened, but I am dancing this morning. I lost 3.6 lbs ?? !! :noway: :love: :drinker: :bigsmile: I moved the scale across the floor, turned it left and right, got on it, off it, on it again and it still read 186.4 . I usually do it three times normally just to make sure and take the number that shows up most. Well it stayed the same every time. I'm just over the moon.

NSV- A few weeks ago I told you all I bought new bras and a pair of jeans at AVENUE. ( clearance $10 bucks :bigsmile: ) I wore them Sunday on my mall walk excursion and had to keep pulling them up. I didn't want the 14's, they were way too tight` rolls on the back of your thighs etc... so I got the 16's so I could wear them this winter. Well I took them back and the smaller pair was still on the clearance rack, so I exchanged them and they fit great. YEA!! Needless to say it's a happy Tuesday.

Congratulations to everyone with losses. I have them all written down...the list was quite long. This group is fantastic. Mrs. Brown, sounds like you're on a plateau to me. Shake things up a bit. I can't peek at your diary, but maybe upping your calories like we had brobin do will get you moving down again. She's on a superhighway now and into Onderland !! Congrats brobin!!

Squrikie ( your name makes me smile every time :laugh: I read it ) - no matter how you look at it, you're still losing each week. You're doing great.
  • maisiecm
    maisiecm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all

sorry not to have posted. Congratulations to all who have lost.

Have put on this week. Have had quite a lot going on as eldest DS has been playing up behaviour wise at school which is not like him as he is normally a good boy. The school thinks it may be a knock on from the baby but he is so kind, loving and good with the baby we thought everything was okay.

Oh well start another week

SW - 208 (Aug 28)
    GW - 191 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - not joined in
    Week 2 - 208 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 204.5 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 203.5 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 – 203.5 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 – 203.5 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 206 (Oct 3)
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Sorry for my absence everyone. My father in law passed away unexpectedly last Tuesday and I have been busy with other things and have had little access to the computer. I will endeavour to get caught up over the next few days. Hopefully everyone made great progress and meet their goals!
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    It's been a tough week, some stressful family troubles ahead, managed to stay strong keep my eating in check, and stuck with the 30DS so 15 days in i have lost 7.5 inches, so i feeling pretty pleased with myself.

I'm hoping that i will be strong enough to face the future, my Mom has just being diagnosed, with cancer and it's a month before she will get to see a consultant. So it's a waiting game to find out the treatment & prognosis.

So my minds first reaction was to comfort eat, give up on myself as other peoples worries are important than my vanity. But somewhere from the back of my mind something convinced me that i had to get fitter and healthier especially now, for two reasons,
    1. to have the strength to support Mon and my family,
    2. so that I am strong enough to get my kids through this without them being worried for me.

Ah well that life, just as you start to pick yourself up, there is always something else trying to kick you right back down, so this time I'm going to fight like hell to stay on my feet.

So sorry to hear about your mom. It is so difficult to go through, praying for a good prognosis.
  • _gwen
    Options
    Sorry for my absence everyone. My father in law passed away unexpectedly last Tuesday and I have been busy with other things and have had little access to the computer. I will endeavour to get caught up over the next few days. Hopefully everyone made great progress and meet their goals!
    Donna, you really have quite a handful. We missed you! :flowerforyou: