Week 2 – 181.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 181.8 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 – 182.0 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 – 180.0 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 – 180.0 (Sep 26)
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Gwen, I am sorry to hear your back is bothering you so much.:flowerforyou: Walking is excellent for your back. I had the same problems quite a few years back and walking 1 mile everyday truly helped. That and my physical therapy exercises they taught me while I was hospitalized. Building your lower body and core really help. You are on the right track. It took me almost a year... but I finally got better. I wouldn't wish back problems on anyone....It is the most miserable kind of pain. :grumble: Hope you start to feel better soon.:heart:
  • brobin41101
    Options

This past week has been a very trying and difficult week, I am just going to focus on getting back into eating regularly and exercising.
    I am sorry you have been having a diffucult time. :cry: Please try to eat more . I have been worried about you. I was very glad to see your calories go up....but now I know they weren't . I Hope the coming week is much better for you.:flowerforyou:
  • brobin41101
    Options
    SW - 200
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 198(Aug 24)
    Week 2 - 199 (Aug 31)
    Week 3 - 200.4 (Sep 7)
    Week 4 - 202 (Sep 14)
    Week 5 - 199.8 (Sep 22)
    Week 6 - 197.5 (Sep 26)

New goal - try to reduce those carbs! :devil:
    Squirkie, You have been doing an amazing job. You diary is awesome these days. Great job.:drinker: with the water too. You will get those carbs !!! I have faith in you :flowerforyou:
  • brobin41101
    Options
    Down 2 pounds which is nothing short of amazing after the week I had!

GW - 199.9 (Dec 25)
    SW - 225.3
    Week 1 - 225.3 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 224.0 (Aug 29) - nutrition goal: drink 8 cups of water per day and meet weekly calories-burned goal
    Week 3 - 222.4 (Sept 5) - exercise goal this week: increase cardio time in workouts
    Week 4 - 225.3 (Sept 11) - limiting alcohol to weekends only and getting the cardio up & going
    Week 5 - 224.7 (Sept 19) - getting the cardio up & going!
    Week 6 - 222.7 (Sept 26) - getting the cardio up & going... still
    2 pounds is awesome considering the week you had. Keep your focus on yourself...continue to nurture your body and she will reward you:wink: You are doing amazing !:drinker:
  • brobin41101
    Options
    It is so great to be on a post where, gain or lose, we are in this together and honest about how we do. It encourages me and makes me stay with the goal, even if the amount I lose is miniscule. Thank you, dfeledichuk, for all of the work you are doing for us and keeping up the support when some of us only glance. And thanks, ladies, for all of your kind words I don't poat enough and let youo know how much you are appreciated.
    Thank you Julie for the kind words. You are right. This is a fabulous group.:heart: Each and every one of you. :flowerforyou: And.....Julie, you are doing a great job. All those miniscule losses add up to pounds. Keep up the great work.:drinker:
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    okay , before I forget...I tried a new food this week. I had Near East Taboule wheat salad mix. Some sort of grain, the ingredients list bulgur wheat, salt , parsley, onions, molasses, garlic, spearmint, honey and black pepper. Like all other box things you mix the grain with water and add seasoning packet. This suggest to add olive oil , lemon juice crumbled feta and cucumbers and a few other things to make a greek salad over lettuce greens.

I just threw it in the fridge and let set overnight without adding anything. Then I tried it cold. Not bad. I love spicy things, I also prefer plain oatmeal. This would rank with the plain oatmeal. I could see eating it again with the suggested things that are on the box. It's only 80 calories ( 120 prepared with the oil ) 5 gms fiber, 3 gms protein. I had made 2egg whites, 1 egg with red pepper , hot banana pepper, onions and turkey bacon and threw my serving in with that. Weird I know, but I love to throw that kind of stuff together especially with a fridge full of leftovers and it's 7:30 at night.

Just wanted to share with you before I forgot. It had been one of my goals to keep trying new things.

Have a great Thursday !! Move it and lose it. :smooched:
    Leila
  • clsalmon
    clsalmon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to share with you before I forgot. It had been one of my goals to keep trying new things.

That sounds interesting! I need to be more proactive about trying new things, too. I tend to get in a rut and then everything's boring. So THANKS for sharing your new food with us! I'll have to see if my local store carries such a thing (probably not - we're a very small community). But, my next trip to Green Bay is this weekend for the Packers game and I can check out the "big city" stores!

Does anybody else have some out-of-the-ordinary foods that they swear by? Satisfies you (taste and nutrition)? Good for storing in a desk drawer at work? I'd love to pick up some new things!
  • kbirk1963
    Options
    I've been out of pocket for a bit. Didn't get to post my weight for 9/19 it was 199.8 and my weight for 9/26 it was 195.4. Everyone is doing such a great job. Keep up the good work ladies.

CW- 195.4
    GW – 175 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 199.4 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 197.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 199.8 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 199.2 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 199.8 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 195.4 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25))
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    [quo

Have a great Thursday !! Move it and lose it. :smooched:
    Leila
    [/quote]

Hey Leila,
    Thanks for the inspiration,thanks to your post today on the way home from work i got something for my dinner as the gang were out this evening at football.
    So with your success in mind i got some Moroccan style couscous which i had never tasted before, also some pasta with spinach a vegetable which i also never eaten, both were delicious. these food may seem a bit every day to you sophisticated ladies, but i was reared on over cooked meat mashed spuds with 2 veg mostly carrots & peas. lol god bless my mom.
    Leila I love you posts you are a real straight talker, and your weight loss has been fantastic.
    good luck on the rest of this journey,

This group is so cool It would be great if we stayed together after Christmas

To all keep up the great work, that 200lb guy is in for a beating soon.

Sam..
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    [/quote] Squirkie, You have been doing an amazing job. You diary is awesome these days. Great job.:drinker: with the water too. You will get those carbs !!! I have faith in you :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

Thanks Brobin, I've been slipping with the water - today my intake was 0!! :embarassed: I felt bad just looking at it on my diary which reinforces why it is sooooo important to log everything. I'll pull it back together because I can't stand seeing it in black and white!!!!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    This group is so cool It would be great if we stayed together after Christmas
    Well, there's always Easter...

I like cous cous and bulgur wheat. I used to eat the Near East Taboule mix, but I find it is too salty. I just buy plain cous cous or bulgur wheat and add my own seasonings.

Yum, I'll have to think about something I haven't tried before. Wheat berries?
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It is not new, but the best food we can eat it QUINOA (pronounced keen wha) Google it. It looks like rice/couscous. It is a complete food. It has a proper balance of protein and minerals. You can use it like rice or eat it like oatmeal in the morning.

My favorite website to learn about nutritional facts about foods is below. This link below will take you to the qunioa page, from there you can enter foods in the search bar located at the top towards the right

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/10352/2
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,274 Member
    Options
    Yes my son and love Quinoa unfortunately my husband and daughter don't. I guess I need to make it for out lunches. I made a guitless crustless quiche this week I found on MFP.
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Ladies! I can't believe how fast the weeks are going. There are 91 days left until New Years :noway: Anyone set goals ( besides our weight ) or vacation plans yet ?? I want to go to Lake Placid in August. I already have the rental house picked out, just need the cash- always the fun buster that money thing. :sad:

So yesterday I didn't have to go and clean an office because the staff was working late. I get done cooking for the school kids at 2:30 and normally go to that job which only takes an hour or so, then I go to my gym class. I go home and figure I'll blow off the gym , my friend wasn't going to make class. I'm sitting there eating peanuts for a snack wondering where everyone is. I'm watching some show that wasn't remotely interesting BORED out of my mind. I don't want to clean the house , I'm supposed to be relaxing. My husband won't be home until 7, he's coaching. So I throw on my gym clothes and go to the gym.

Now I get there and Fred is going to teach the class today, not my normal guy. I've never taken a class by Fred. All I know is rumor has it , he's the toughest trainer- his classes are really hard- and he is not forgiving. Now I have this vision of Jillian Michaels screaming at me to do more.. in my head :angry: I'm contemplating just using the elliptical and skipping class. Hmmm well I went. I loved it. A new challenge, new exercises and of coarse I'm glad I went. I always am after it's over. This morning my shoulders were aching from all the pushups , and I went to the gym with my girlfriend that didn't go last night. I did the elliptical and came home. YEA!! Successful start to the weekend.

Again, no one is home and it's raining out. So I guess today I will clean.

Kbirk1963- glad you're still here... 4 # is an amazing loss

Sam- :blushing:( Leila I love you posts you are a real straight talker, and your weight loss has been fantastic.
    good luck on the rest of this journey, ) Thanks for that....it really made my day :bigsmile: I LOVE spinach.... sometimes I put vinegar on it, sometimes just salt and pepper. Spinach salads at restaurants are my favorite ( minus the hot bacon dressing - so bad for you, but so yummy ) I also really enjoy acorn squash. I ate a whole one by myself the other day with my dinner.

Squirkie- how's the water going ? I think besides coffee , it's the only thing I drink. I can't remember the last time I had pop ( or soda to those folks on the west coast ) :laugh: Can't say I miss it either.

Gwen- what is a wheat berry ? I'll have google it. Shopping is on my agenda today as well.

Keri- and running girl - Every time I look at the Quinoa I want to buy it, but it's $8 and I am way to thrifty for that. I know it's supposed to be great, but if I hate it I'm out 8 bucks. Maybe the health food store will sell it in bulk and I can try it. I asked my husband to go to the health food store with me this weekend. That will be a first - I don't like to take him shopping because he buys all kinds of crap, cookies, good and plenty , and chips.

I guess I've prolonged my cleaning. Have a great day!
  • _gwen
    Options
    Hi LHann360, a wheat berry is a wheat seed that has been cooked. check out wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheatberry

Here are a couple salad variations that look good:
    http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/672
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/wheat_berry_salad_with_red_fruit.html
  • _gwen
    Options
    Last week's challenge: More core exercises. 10 squats a day, kind of inconsistent on the wall pushups, leg lifts and

This week's challenge: continue squats (2x10 sets), bent leg crunches (less back strain), wall push ups, Pilates planks. Added a monthly mini goal for weight. I need to pick up the pace to get to my Dec 25 goal.

Posting my numbers and updating my ticker:

SW - 192.5
    GW - 172 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 191 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 194.8 (Aug 29) ugh, new scale
    Week 3 - 192.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 191.6 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 190.4 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - 189.4 (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - 187.6 (Oct 3) mini goal 188
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31) mini goal 183
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    It's been a tough week, some stressful family troubles ahead, managed to stay strong keep my eating in check, and stuck with the 30DS so 15 days in i have lost 7.5 inches, so i feeling pretty pleased with myself.

I'm hoping that i will be strong enough to face the future, my Mom has just being diagnosed, with cancer and it's a month before she will get to see a consultant. So it's a waiting game to find out the treatment & prognosis.

So my minds first reaction was to comfort eat, give up on myself as other peoples worries are important than my vanity. But somewhere from the back of my mind something convinced me that i had to get fitter and healthier especially now, for two reasons,
    1. to have the strength to support Mon and my family,
    2. so that I am strong enough to get my kids through this without them being worried for me.

Ah well that life, just as you start to pick yourself up, there is always something else trying to kick you right back down, so this time I'm going to fight like hell to stay on my feet.

SW - 194
    GW - 174 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 194 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 192 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 189 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 187.8 (Sep 12) goal for coming week GET EXERCISE
    Week 5 - 186.2 (Sep 19) . DITTO get off your *kitten*, & go to bed by 10.30pm sod the housework.
    Week 6 - 184.6 (Sep 26) GO TO BED
    Week 7 - 182.8 (Oct 3) half way to Christmas goal, happy days, still have to go to bed earlier.
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    It's been a tough week, some stressful family troubles ahead, managed to stay strong keep my eating in check, and stuck with the 30DS so 15 days in i have lost 7.5 inches, so i feeling pretty pleased with myself.

I'm hoping that i will be strong enough to face the future, my Mom has just being diagnosed, with cancer and it's a month before she will get to see a consultant. So it's a waiting game to find out the treatment & prognosis.

So my minds first reaction was to comfort eat, give up on myself as other peoples worries are important than my vanity. But somewhere from the back of my mind something convinced me that i had to get fitter and healthier especially now, for two reasons,
    1. to have the strength to support Mon and my family,
    2. so that I am strong enough to get my kids through this without them being worried for me.

Ah well that life, just as you start to pick yourself up, there is always something else trying to kick you right back down, so this time I'm going to fight like hell to stay on my feet.

So sorry to hear about your Mom. But good for you for not letting that derail your progress. Best wishes to you and your family and for a good prognosis and outcome for your Mom.
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SW - 155
    GW - 139 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 152(Aug 22)
    Week 2 -150 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 150 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 149 (Sep 12) Goal: Water, Water , Water (Met)
    Week 5 - 144(Sep 19) Goal: Work out each day while away. Drink Water (Met)
    Week 6 - 143 (Sep 26) Goal: I'll stick with water goal, 30 DS every day this week (Met)
    Week 7 -141 (Oct 3) Goal: call the Dr. can't ignore the knee pain anymore