Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• joyfulthanks
    Options
    Checking in - gained 1.5 lbs. on vacation. :(

Nutrition goal for this week is just to get back to logging faithfully.

SW 154
    GW 135
    Week 1 - out on vacation (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - out on vacation (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 155.5 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Checking in - gained 1.5 lbs. on vacation. :(

Someone on another group I belong to gained 4 pounds on vacation. It was all gone by the end of the week. Looked like the loss came from a combination of water retention, food bulk in the digestive system, and a week of normal weight loss.

I'm sure you'll snap out of that gain shortly.

Well, I think it's officially fall. Talked to my dad last night. He lost all of his tomatoes to frost on Saturday night. I guess it's time to start pickling those green tomatoes. Yum.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    checking in.. weight this week on sept 25 is 206.7. a loss of 1.3 lbs i think..lol.. anyway.. gotta keep chugging that water down,, having a hard time with it.. also get more walking and excercise in this week.
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160 (September 5)

Need to follow through better on the water, taking the vitamins, and now...getting the sleep. That has been almost impossible! (And continuing the gradual exercise buildup). I have an important wedding in 3 weeks and don't need negative progress! Thanks for keeping this forum together. It's nice to have other people to work together with!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Down 1.6 ponds woohoo, exceeded my weekly goals for weight loss, water intake, and calories burned from exercise... even with a very social calendar this last week! Can hardly believe it - whew! I think I am getting the hang of this :bigsmile:

GW - 199.9 (Dec 25)
    SW - 225.3
    Week 1 - 225.3 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 224.0 (Aug 29) - nutrition goal: drink 8 cups of water per day and meet weekly calories-burned goal
    Week 3 - 222.4 (Sept 5) - exercise goal this week: increase cardio time in workouts
  • paxetamore
    Options
    If anyone out there deals with a chronic health issue I would love to hear what you do to relieve stress, other than the gym, walk, hot bath or massage...these are what I do now, my biggest issue is the stress keeps coming back....haha!!
    I am learning to not use food as a comfort :)

I do not currently deal with chronic health issues in my family, but when I had PTSD a few years back, a really helpful in-the-moment de-stressor I learned was to have a mantra with breathing. I could do it anywhere and at anytime I felt my body or mind getting tense. The mantra I said in my head was "in like a flower (breath deep in through nose), out like a mountain (exhale long and strong through mouth)" and repeat until you have control over the breaths and you feel better. Hope it could help you.

Warm Regards~
    Roxane
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Happy Labor Day or Happy Holiday Weekend:
    I went back to the old post to get my weeks to post. I still haven't lost but seem to be edging down that way if I can keep up the momentum. I realized this week that since I had lost another 10 pounds I needed to adjust my calorie goaldown which I did a few days ago and I think it is helping. However it has taken every bit of my exercise calories to stay under my calorie goal with it lower and with impromtu barbeques etc. Yesterday I even went to a French Bakery near my neices new apartment but we walked alot too. I have gotten my 8 cups of water but am struggling to get more. One day I was at 10. My weekly goals will probably kick in on Thursday since tomorrow I have an appointment and Wednesday my daughter is back in school. Here they are.
    1. drink more than 8 glasses of water a day
    2. make healthy meals at home
    3. start adding weight training in
    4. don't miss Zumba this week! My husband was home for a long weekend and I overslept and missed Zumba.
    So to summarize I want to start into a healthy fall schedule starting mid week even though we are just now getting some really nice summer weather. Next weekend will be hotter than this I've heard.
    SW - 231
    GW - 210 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 229.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 229.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 229.8 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • paxetamore
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160 (September 5)

Great two-pound loss! Congrats :bigsmile:
  • paxetamore
    Options
    So after my pity party last night I came to the realization that I'm the only one that can help myself. I'm the only one that can help me lose weight and get healthy. I found several motivation quotes to leave around the house and I've promised myself I WILL log my food each day, no matter what. This will be a good week for me.

Way to keep that rainbow in sight :bigsmile:
    I tweaked my food and exercise goals for weeks until I found something I am comfortable with and not feeling starved.
    Happy to share mutual motivation and diaries if you want to add me as a friend. We can do this!
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I lost another 3 lbs this week yay!!!
    I achieved my nutritional goal this week of being under my cals goal every day.

Having completed c25k, I did my first interval run tonight. I did c25k w1 d1 (mk 2 caz's version!) I ran my normal speed when the programme said to walk, and ran as fast as I could maintain when it said run. I think I need to go a little slower though as I had to stop and walk at one point! It was a really hard workout, I felt like a newbie again, and I'm excited to continue this challange as I was sad to finish my last one in some ways.

Work is manic at the minute, there aren't enough hours in the day! Also, I'm away on business all next week, and will have to eat all my meals out :ohwell: I hope I can find a chef who will cook me low cal meals. I'll have loads of evening study as well, so not sure what exercise I'll get in.

It's great to see all the success everyone has had this week, and everyone, have a really great week this week!!
    Caroline x

This week's goal - burn at least 3000 cals
    SW - 148
    GW - 123 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 149 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 148 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 145 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My intention with this challenge is to be accountable to all of you and to hopefully, make some wonderful friends along the way!

Am going to walk in the Am and the PM to help with my "plateau issue"!

SW - 212 lbs (2006)
    MFP SW- 192 (4/4/11-MFP)
    CW- 172
    GW – 142 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 – 172.5 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 173 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 – 172(Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 – xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25))
  • Tiamaria7
    Tiamaria7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi guys,
    glad to hear of all your successes! well done. for those of you who, like me haven't been successful....well tomorrow's another day. i had a chocolate fest last night which i enjoyed for about a full five minutes before regretting it as it scuppered my weight loss today; i stayed the same weight. i'm actually very annoyed with myself as i'd been really focussed all week with my diet and did lots of exercise..............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!! what was that about tomorrow being another day!!

Start weight - 156lbs
    CW - 149 lbs
    GW - 140lbs
    UGW - 133lbs

Week 3 - (Sep 5) - 149lbs
    Week 4 - (Sep 12) -
    Week 5 - (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - (Dec 19)
    Final - (Dec 25)
    GW for Chirstmas - 140lbs
  • dlperry65
    Options
    Have found out that I do really well with drinking my water when at work, but not at home. So same goal for the next week, drink 8 glasses of water.
    Down to 166.4 ALMOST a full pound for the week.
    Will be out of town most of the next two weeks, but hopefully will be able to post on Monday, if I can weigh.
    Keep up the good work everyone and try to work through the ups. If you just keep at it, you will see movement in the right direction.
    Anyone in the group is welcome to friend me. This is my first time on MFP and my first challenge.

SW - 171
    GW - 150(Dec 25)

Week 1 - 169.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 167.2(Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 166.4(Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well, I am feeling a little down on myself this morning. I didn't eat the greatest yesterday and I didn't get my workout in. I haven't been sleeping the greatest and I didn't feel well all day yesterday. So this morning I was up a pound! Ugh! :( Pretty sure its water weight and I will get back on the "wagon" today. Just struggling with staying motivated! :sad:

I find I keep getting in this pattern too, I get started for about a week or two, start fluctuating all over then I get frustrated and quit! I need to get over this hump and get pushing forward with my goals!

Does anyone else fluctuate alot or how often do you weigh? I am trying not to weigh everyday but its hard for me not to jump on that dang thing and check!

Help! :sick:

Hi Jenn

I am obsessive I weigh in each day, and yes I fluctuate too. There are a few things that keep my from quitting, one I can tell my body I know the blah feeling and you know the scale will reflect, but you also have the days you feel good, and I am waiting for the scale to catch up.... so I do measurements, try on clothes etc... because it is not only the scale that shows your progress.

It is psychological which is why I think small goals are important, whether it is simply to not snack that day or get in more water or get to the gym, the battle with the scale is a huge struggle and it can easily defeat us if we do not get small victories along the way.

Chin up.... we are all routing for you!!!

Thank you so much! I can't tell you how nice it is to have this support and someone to talk to! I am hanging in there, I am feeling bloated today after this long weekend. Didn't do great on calories yesterday but back on track today. I am not weighing for a few weeks just to keep me from going crazy! I am just focusing on eating within my calories and getting my exercise in!. Hoping when I weigh in a couple weeks the scale will reflect my efforts!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!:heart:
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :wink: Hope you all did great this weigh in. I have manage to lose one pound.:sad: ...but I'll take it. My goal for the coming week is of course my water. Getting much better,...but still not at the 8 on a daily basis. I am also going to try to improve on my exercise goals. Some of you are truly inspiring. I wish my knees would let me do better. I notice though...they seem to hurt a little less:bigsmile: SW - 209
    GW - 185 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 207 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 204 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 203 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • paxetamore
    Options
    Hello everyone :wink: Hope you all did great this weigh in. I have manage to lose one pound

Fabulous!
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SW - 155
    GW - 139 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 152(Aug 22)
    Week 2 -150 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 150 (Sep 5) -used the Wii fit- I don't have an actual scale at home- I will double check tomorrow with a scale
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)

Goal from previous week: NOT MET
    Run 4 miles each day, Monday-Thursday
    Monday- 4.04 miles completed
    Tuesday- 2.5- tired legs, couldn't quite make my goal
    Wednesday- 4.2 miles completed
    Thursday -4.0 miles completed

This week goal: Eat more of my calories. I am too far under each day
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 208.1 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 208.1 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 206.7 (Sep 5) .loss of 1.3 lbs
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

challenges for this week.. to try try try to drink more water.. getting to the gym, and really push myself hard!!
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone having major problems with my Internet connection I will update and respond to everyone tomorrow from my office
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone having major problems with my Internet connection I will update and respond to everyone tomorrow from my office