Worst blind date ever???

Options

Replies

• Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    There are rules for blind dates. Never tell her what your plans are( Its a surprise, you are now mysterious). You always make 2 reservations. one at a nice place and another at a crappy place. When you meet for the first time you can just tell if you two will hit it off. If you feel it go to the nice place and if your not feeling on her, cause she wont let you....... hello micky d's.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I had a guy tell me he was 5'11 and when we got out of our cars to say hello, he hopped out, and turns out, he is a midget (little person, whatever). No kidding!

I just howled outloud with laughter. that's a terrible surprise to play on someone!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Can't say it was the WORST blind date, but I MARRIED my only blind date...32 years ago next month :)

It was kind of like a blind date. A mutual friend introduced us ... 2 weeks after that we had our first date. 6 weeks later engaged 13 months later, I married him. Been married almost 22 years. :)

that's SO cute :)
  • Leola2011
    Options
    I was in college and a girlfriend wanted to set me up with her boyfriend's roommate. I was told he was very artistic and liked to paint and dance. That piqued my interest. We were all supposed to get together over his apartment to watch a football game. I figured there would be a lot of people there so if we didn't hit it off, at least I might have other people to talk to. When I got there, the only other people was my friend and her boyfriend. We sat down to watch the game and this dude...I don't even remember his name...laid his head in my lap!!!!! I immediately made him get off me and when he sat up, there was a stain on my pants. He had a Jheri curl and his curl activator left a big circle on my pants (which, incidentally, weren't even mine....I'd borrowed them from my BFF)!!!!! I tried to get over that and asked him to show me some of his art. Do you know that the art he showed me was work I'd seen done by other artists I knew? He tried to pass it off as his own. I was insulted by his forwardness and his presumption that I didn't know anything about art. I was ticked off about the pants, too.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I've only ever been on one blind date, and it was actually not too bad... until he got home and called me, crying, telling me now much he was still in love with my bff, who had set us up. Yep, she didn't want him, so she pawned him off on me. And he was sooo cute and tall! Cowboy, who played the guitar and sang, and had pretty teeth! :bigsmile: But I couldn't handle all the crying the big boy dished out over my FRIEND. :noway: Ugh, he dated me so we could talk about her. Nice one, Jason. And don't even get me started on HER! :explode:

P.s. Good luck with your dates, Cowboy! No crying on a first blind date!
  • Leola2011
    Options
    Great friend.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    We sat down to watch the game and this dude...I don't even remember his name...laid his head in my lap!!!!! I immediately made him get off me and when he sat up, there was a stain on my pants. He had a Jheri curl and his curl activator left a big circle on my pants
    funniest ever. I'm not laughing at your expense, I swear. I'm laughing out loud, though.
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I've only ever been on one blind date, and it was actually not too bad... until he got home and called me, crying, telling me now much he was still in love with my bff, who had set us up. Yep, she didn't want him, so she pawned him off on me. And he was sooo cute and tall! Cowboy, who played the guitar and sang, and had pretty teeth! :bigsmile: But I couldn't handle all the crying the big boy dished out over my FRIEND. :noway: Ugh, he dated me so we could talk about her. Nice one, Jason. And don't even get me started on HER! :explode:

P.s. Good luck with your dates, Cowboy! No crying on a first blind date!

These are not blind dates. I knwo the women! And its not even a date. Though Nana is tryign to make it one.
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    These are not blind dates. I knwo the women! And its not even a date. Though Nana is tryign to make it one.

Well, enjoy yourself, cause you just never know! I'm going to join Team Nana! :wink:
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Oh Ed, Stacy will be BESIDE herself if she knows this happened! But about me. Oh how do I count the ways?! Here are my top 3 blind dates!
    The first picked me up to take me to dinner and a movie. I am dressed nicely, he shows up in a dirty sweatshirts and dirty jeans and proceeds to take me to the McDonalds drive through and is so shy he can't even really talk to me.

Some years later, I went on one with the friend of o coworker and her fiancé. He did NOT speak ENGLISH!!!!!! The date was me sitting next to him with my friend on my other side and her fiancé on his other side translating the entire night!!!!! Holy CRAP!!!!!!

My LAST blind date was with this guy who I spoke to on the phone in advance and we decided to meet at this place called Jillians. They have pool and darts and music and games etc..... So he tells me what he will be wearing, and I show up early and sit at the bar. Now he was set up with me by a business colleague who knew I was looking, and painted this guy as a great match for me. He walks in and I recognize the jacket he said he would wear. I then notice that he is this very short very heavy guy with a terrible limp, greasy blonde curly hair and the thickest glasses that I have ever seen, and a crumpled brown bag in his hand. The bag had darts in it, and the only thing that saved the night was that I saw friends there that night, I faked a belly ache, and said I had to go. When he walked out, I told him that I had to run back in for a minute , but he should feel free to go....... I haven't been on a blind date again since!!!!!!!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have two:

1. The guy drove a huge truck and was blaring metal from the drive from my house into town, making conversation impossible. The really bad part, though, is when he swerved in the road so he could HIT a possum. Horrible. And basically the end, right there.

2. Went out with the sweetest guy, who was practically paralyzed with shyness so he couldn't talk. This was our first conversation:

me: So...how was your weekend?
    him: mhmh *shrug*
    me: did you hang out with your brother?

The WHOLE night was like that. He didn't say a whole sentence all night. Excruciating.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I was in college and a girlfriend wanted to set me up with her boyfriend's roommate. I was told he was very artistic and liked to paint and dance. That piqued my interest. We were all supposed to get together over his apartment to watch a football game. I figured there would be a lot of people there so if we didn't hit it off, at least I might have other people to talk to. When I got there, the only other people was my friend and her boyfriend. We sat down to watch the game and this dude...I don't even remember his name...laid his head in my lap!!!!! I immediately made him get off me and when he sat up, there was a stain on my pants. He had a Jheri curl and his curl activator left a big circle on my pants (which, incidentally, weren't even mine....I'd borrowed them from my BFF)!!!!! I tried to get over that and asked him to show me some of his art. Do you know that the art he showed me was work I'd seen done by other artists I knew? He tried to pass it off as his own. I was insulted by his forwardness and his presumption that I didn't know anything about art. I was ticked off about the pants, too.

haha This is hilarious! I would have been super upset about the pants
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Can't say it was the WORST blind date, but I MARRIED my only blind date...32 years ago next month :)

Ditto - 15 years last month. Found out we knew each other as children too... my mom and aunt and then my uncle on my dad's side used to hang out with his uncle. Small towns.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Wow, if nothing else, you all are giving me more confidence in asking women out. I know I can do better than those guys!
    Love the possum one!
  • amberdaniels
    Options
    There are rules for blind dates. Never tell her what your plans are( Its a surprise, you are now mysterious). You always make 2 reservations. one at a nice place and another at a crappy place. When you meet for the first time you can just tell if you two will hit it off. If you feel it go to the nice place and if your not feeling on her, cause she wont let you....... hello micky d's.

UM, let me guess, you would not be my type...treat others as you would like them to treat you...ever hear of that one...that is just plain rude.
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    First of all, my worst blind date had an awkward set-up! My church's bass player who I've known since I was 14 asked me on Easter Day if I was single (which at the time I was), and what I was majoring in. I told him "Biology" to which he said "PERFECT! YOU AND MY SON WILL GO GREAT TOGETHER!" That was red flag number one. He then proceeded to show me pictures of his son about two weeks later ...red flag number two. Not too long afterward, he gives me his son's phone number and tells me to call him and that when we go out to put the "moves" on him...red flag number THREE. Instead of taking up all of these red flags, I felt that I should at least do him the favor and go out on a date with his Aerospace Engineering major son. He arrived at my house wearing... I don't even know what...with a dry afro...and squeaky Nikes. He was disturbingly quiet the entire date. I'm the kind of girl that is good about making others laugh and cracking a smile out of people - this dude was a ROBOT. At the end of the date, I told him I liked philosophy (because we had talked about nothing really beyond NASA...) and he said flatly, "I hate philosophy". END OF DATE. I went inside my house and said "Mom, he might have had a cute face, but he was a robot."
  • amberdaniels
    Options
    2. Went out with the sweetest guy, who was practically paralyzed with shyness so he couldn't talk. This was our first conversation:

me: So...how was your weekend?
    me: did you hang out with your brother?

The WHOLE night was like that. He didn't say a whole sentence all night. Excruciating.
    [/quote]

Mine was not quite THAT bad but really close. Guy was sooooo sweet and just as shy. I think you could count on one hand how many people he had dated. Oh yeah, that would be me! He was a year older than me. He blushed when I kissed him on the cheek and did not know what to think. I love his as a friend, but I am waaaaayyyyyy to outspoken! I just ran him over. We are still friends, but I think I scared the poor guy as a date. He is still single.

That is the one and only blind date I went on. Thankfully I am married to a great guy and don't have to worry about that anymore.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options

UM, let me guess, you would not be my type...treat others as you would like them to treat you...ever hear of that one...that is just plain rude.
    Micky D for you!!
  • Leola2011
    Options
    1. The guy drove a huge truck and was blaring metal from the drive from my house into town, making conversation impossible. The really bad part, though, is when he swerved in the road so he could HIT a possum. Horrible. And basically the end, right there.

*****This is absolute comedy!*****
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I dated a younger French guy who wanted me to pretend to be a doctor and he a patient! On a first (and last) date!