Worst blind date ever???

Options

Replies

• MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    There are rules for blind dates. Never tell her what your plans are( Its a surprise, you are now mysterious). You always make 2 reservations. one at a nice place and another at a crappy place. When you meet for the first time you can just tell if you two will hit it off. If you feel it go to the nice place and if your not feeling on her, cause she wont let you....... hello micky d's.
    So you arrange to meet a stranger who won't tell you where you're going or what you'll be doing?

It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think that's a fun sense of humor he may have had.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a blind date as we had met a few times before at parties (and always really gravitated towards each other)

We finally arranged a proper evening out and it was fab - we went for dinner, had a few drinks and totally lost track of time. He had an appointment in town the next day so I offered him my sofa. We went back to mine (flatmates in bed) opened some wine, stuck the iPod on and I thought "wow what a perfect night" we even had a little kiss, suddenly a certain song comes on and this guy just dissolved into sobs.... Not a few tears but body shaking sobs.

At first I thought maybe it was a song that reminded him fo a dead relative but when he regained the power of speech he told me the song was his would have been wedding song. It transpired that he had been all but jilted at the altar a few months back [his fiancee left him for someone she met on FaceBook]

I ended up cajoling him until about 4.30am when he eventually fell asleep! Needless to say that was the end of that budding romance!
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    my friend was having a party and set me up with this guy there or try to anyhow..the guy got so drunk that he past out on the couch and he peed his pants..when we try to wake him up he puked on my shoes..ewwwwww
  • hotstuff76
    Options
    ive never had the chance boo hoo x
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I can't remember how we got set up, but it was a disaster on both sides. We planned to go to a hockey game. She turned out to be a smoker who loved talking about knives. I turned out to be really bored by hockey, and literally fell asleep on the bleachers. At some point, the date mercifully ended.
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Let me start out saying that I'm a B cup.... The guy told me REPEATEDLY that I would be so much prettier if I got breast implants. After we get back from having a few drinks, he starts CRYING and asking me if I will stay to take care of him. WTH? At the time I was 24 and he was a grown a** man in his later 30s.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    my story is kind of long..

when i was a senior in hs, i started talking to this kid online.. he went to school with one of my best friends in another town. she gave us the go ahead, so he asked me out. we had plans to meet on like a saturday or something (i remember bc it was during the day for lunch so it had to be a weekend). well i had to work the night before, and since he and i had been talking a long time, i had told him where i work and that i was working that night. (i was a coat check girl/busser at a golf club and that night i was specifically just coat checking). well, he ends up SHOWING UP AT MY WORK. it was so awkward and we just had this awkward conversation for the first time in person while i'm sitting in the coat check room. my boss saw him and said hi so when he walked away, i told the kid (i think his name was george) that he should leave so i don't get in trouble. he left and then my boss yelled at me and told me i shouldnt be having friends come while i was working.. so i was like, um i didn't know he was coming we had a blind date scheduled for tomorrow! hahaha

so then, the next day is our scheduled date and i do NOT want to go. his personality in person was very unappealing to me. Online he seemed nice and confident, in person he was cocky and spoke down to me. my mom told me i should go just for the free lunch (haha!) so i did. he wanted to pick me up at my house but i lied and said i had to go somewhere after. i met him at the restaurant and we had very awkward conversation and i just was realizing more and more i did not like him and did not find his personality attractive to me. he kept talking down to me and kept bragging about his life, wouldn't ask about my life, and then told me he had lost his virignity to a prostitute. What.

so the date is over and he's walking me to my car and he's like, i got something for you. and pulls out two HUGE stuffed animals.. bc i had mentioned once that i liked stuffed animals and when boyfriends buy them for you. but this was only our first (and only!!!!) date.. i thought that was super weird. but whatever, i accepted them. then i went to say goodbye and he tried to kiss me and i just did the whole oh, awkward hug goodbye bc i knew this would never work out so i knew a kiss was not in our future. he acted super disappointed and left.

later that night, we were both on aim and he asked me out again. i told him i was not interested but i was sorry and he was a really great guy, i just didn't feel any chemistry (i lied. he was not a great guy). he got really heated and was like "BUT WHY DON'T YOU LIKE ME" and i tried to nicely explain i just wasn't feeling it and he's like, well just tell me what you dont like about me. so to get him to go away, i told him! i told him how he only talked about himself, talked down to me, he seemed very arrogant and just not my type. well he FLIPPED OUT and told me "there are some things about you i don't like" and I was like, okay then tell me and he told me i have to shape my eyebrows better and lose 20pounds.. he said he usually doesn't date girls as fat as me but would make an exception for me since i was pretty.. just fix the eyebrows. at this point in my life, i was only 135 pounds at 5'6".

WHAT A JERK. We stopped talking and like 3 more times he just randomly IM'ed me and would talk **** on me for like an hour until i blocked him.
    UGH WHAT A JERK

first and LAST blind date!!! haha
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Hello my gorgeous darlings! So anyone who knows me knows I don't date but there are several women at my church (and one of ym scouts moms) that wants to date me. Well to that end the kids grandmother has invited two of those ladies to the family bbq this weekend! So that made me think of bad "blind" dates. Whats your worst? Mine was when a friend hooked me up with a firend. Turned out she was 25 years older than me. Which wouldnt have been a big deal but it kind of blin sided me.She tried to kiss me the whole date which made me very uncomfortable. At the end of the date she offered to let me date her daughter since I wasnt into her... Very akward! Very creepy!

What the....???

And since when is the SD single??

My dating horror stories have been told. I'm hoping not to relive them.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    We sat down to watch the game and this dude...I don't even remember his name...laid his head in my lap!!!!! I immediately made him get off me and when he sat up, there was a stain on my pants. He had a Jheri curl and his curl activator left a big circle on my pants

I'm gonna pee!!!!!
  • Leola2011
    Options
    OMG...these stories are hilarious!!!!
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    There are rules for blind dates. Never tell her what your plans are( Its a surprise, you are now mysterious). You always make 2 reservations. one at a nice place and another at a crappy place. When you meet for the first time you can just tell if you two will hit it off. If you feel it go to the nice place and if your not feeling on her, cause she wont let you....... hello micky d's.

this is actually brilliant...for the next guy who wants to go out but is too indecisive and says i get to pick...this will be in the back of my mind.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your stories. This thread has really enhanced my Friday. :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    Options

Absolutely brilliant
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've never been on a true blind date...but my friends like to invite lots of random strangers to our parties cuz they think "you'd be perfect for each other"...really?
    But I did agree to go for dinner with a "business associate". We're both in sales and he was our go to guy to refer out the business we didn't want. The date started out okay. He was insulted when i refused to let him pick me up at my place-like i wanted this guy knowing where i live! After dinner we went to a bar/pub--where he got up and walked over to a bunch of guys and started handing out business cards--C'mon!!! there's a time and a place-you don't do that when you're on a date! especially when you're dating the competition. the rest of the evening all he talked about was networking and where to find new business. Loser. he then continued to call me day and night for weeks...making random visits to my office.
    i finally got rid of him when i quit that job and started working for another brokerage. I had to go to a training seminar a few months later...60 people in this seminar and who walks in? OMFG.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My worst blind date was, my best friend at the time, setting me up with her boyfriend's best friend. The fool had recently split up with a long term girlfriend. The evening basically involved me being paraded around as arm candy, to several locations where he knew that she and her friends would be. As I am sure he anticipated, this pissed her off considerably. She and some friends followed us at close proximity in her car for several city blocks. The big finish came when she finally gave up on this silliness and he thought it would be cool to park his car someplace secluded, assuming I would be turned on by the excitement of the night, and want to "get with him." Low and behold, the crazy ex-girlfreind came out of nowhere and proceeded to call me several colorful words like only a real Bronx NY girl can.

Luckily for me, my friend and her boyfriend arrived on the scene and got me the hell out of there. About 6 months later I found out that not only were the two lunatics back together . . . she was having his baby. If nothing else, at least the evening was not dull!

M
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    So you arrange to meet a stranger who won't tell you where you're going or what you'll be doing?

It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again!

Exactly!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Can't say it was the WORST blind date, but I MARRIED my only blind date...32 years ago next month :)

Ditto - 15 years last month. Found out we knew each other as children too... my mom and aunt and then my uncle on my dad's side used to hang out with his uncle. Small towns.
    That's sort of how my mum and dad got together. Mum's mum used to work for dad's dad and they all went off for a holiday weekend together with some other friends. Mum & Dad were just a couple of months shy of their 15th birthdays.. which were only 2 days apart!

Sadly we lost mum last year a month before her 79th birthday and next year would have been their 60th wedding anniversary.
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've only ever been on one blind date, and it was actually not too bad... until he got home and called me, crying, telling me now much he was still in love with my bff, who had set us up. Yep, she didn't want him, so she pawned him off on me. And he was sooo cute and tall! Cowboy, who played the guitar and sang, and had pretty teeth! :bigsmile: But I couldn't handle all the crying the big boy dished out over my FRIEND. :noway: Ugh, he dated me so we could talk about her. Nice one, Jason. And don't even get me started on HER! :explode:

P.s. Good luck with your dates, Cowboy! No crying on a first blind date!

OMG -- I had a Jason do this to me too!! He had this huge crush on my friend Kim and figured since we hang out - if he was dating me he'd get to hang out with her. And he was soooo pretty too lol
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    In the years before the internet, when I lived in the Netherlands, I used to use personal ads.

One time I arranged to meet this English lad who lived in The Hague. He came down to Rottedam to meet me and he spent the WHOLE time moaning about the Dutch and how he hated living in the Netherlands and it go so bad he actually gave me a migraine :explode:

Well I put up with it for a couple of hours, goodness knows why and in the end I just was up front and said that we just hadn't clicked and his parting words were, "well I suppose a shag is out of the question?" :noway:

At which point I turned and walked away and left him. :laugh: