Paleo diet

Options
12346»

Replies

• digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Heart disease is not caused by saturated fat. It's caused by excess carbohydrates. Check the related info from my signature.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Heart disease is not caused by saturated fat. It's caused by excess carbohydrates. Check the related info from my signature.

I didn't say that it did. :happy: I'm familiar with the arguments against the lipid hypothesis.
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I know, I was referring to your second quote ;)
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Why are so many people who choose Paleo so agressive and angry when others choose to eat grains?? Seriously, it's my gut.

I have been through this before, probably with you. Show me one thread where a person that subscribes to Paleo/Primal started this BS, it is ALWAYS the haters that start the BS arguments we only stand up for our healthy lifestyle, evidenced by the asinine statements below. I can’t count how many times a thread like this starts with someone asking for information and the haters come on with all kinds of false, misleading, snide statements and downright lies.
    Only if you track them down and kill them with your bare hands.

Hmm, so they go to all the trouble of killing animals, cutting or ripping (did they have knives??) them open, breaking the bones open to suck the marrow, but they wouldn't pick a fresh pea off the vine and eat it? Man, those cave dudes don't seem like they made efficient use of their time and energy.

kay, yeah maybe a little. But when people make silly statements like "eating grains will give you leaky gut syndrome" it's really hard not to.

I know I'm wasting my time, but honestly all this week I've been working on a project that requires data runs that take hours to run so I find myself totally bored. Plus, someone's got to stand up for the poor defenseless grains of the world.

There is negativity on both sides. But my personal experience has been anger and agression when I say that whole grains are healthy. I have never once said or inplied that paleo/primal or any other high protein/low carb diet is unhealthy. In fact, I've repeatedly stated the opposite. But my diet, which includes whole grains, is continually attacked. When I insist that I have no medical problems that's when the hostility usually begins. I "don't get it". I have medical problems that have no symptoms and can't be detected through medical tests. I'm just kidding myself that I feel good and lose weight while eating them. yadda, yadda, yadda. Any amount of medical evidence that whole grains are not unhealthy for everyone is met with more hostility. That's been my personal experience. But, as I say, I have also seen hostility from others, mostly vegetarian/vegans. I suppose it's just passion about what these people believe is "right". But I really do eat whole grains and have a healthy gut. Sorry if that offends anyone.

Why do you go into the Paleo and Primal threads to begin with?

Just to start arguments with those of us that are eating this way. We are trying to give encouragement, advice or just valid information and you come in with the whole "healthy whole grains" mumbo jumbo that is not necessary.

Since you think grains are sooo healthy, comment in those threads instead of instigating arguments with those of us that have researched and feel otherwise.

The OP asked for opinions and I gave mine. But when I see a falsehood such as "whole grains are bad for everyone" stated as fact I will dispute it. Why do you keep trying to convince me I have medical problems when I assure that I don't or try to get me to give up grains? I don't ever tell you that grains won't hurt "you" or that you should eat them.

I am not saying you have problems now..................I am just mentioning that *if* you start having joint stiffness, digestive issues, acid reflux issues or any other issues - it is worth researching that grains is a very likely cause.