Hey PURPLE!!!

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! Go Purple. I'm feeling pretty well myself - just hope the week-end doesn't set me back.
    Zaza
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Good Morning again Purple!!! Let's keep this momentum going!
    All I gotta say this morning is " My Le-e-e-e-gs!" Man that bike killed me!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good morning good morning!! Let's all hope for a good day! I have already lost 5 pounds! Woohoo!! I am so excited! The scale said more but I just put in the 5 pound loss. Yay!!! :bigsmile:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I want to see us win this thing!!! So we need to start posting some challenges and get on the ball! We can all do this!!

OK here goes......

I don't like crunches! I hate them! Soooo....

I challenge everyone who hates crunches to do at least 10 today!

How's that for a mini challenge!

~Mel

i'd love to, but my personal trainer told me that i shouldn't do crunches until I've lost more weight - I'm a 3rd of the way there - is this right????
  • renae77
    Options
    Are you doing Cardio? If so then you are burning calories and when you do crunches it builds up your muscles and after the fat is gone you will see the definition in your belly. Muscle burns more calories than fat does. Maybe you put up a thread and ask some of the others on here and maybe they will have a better answer for you. Keep up the good work!
  • melissa91971
    Options
    Good morning good morning!! Let's all hope for a good day! I have already lost 5 pounds! Woohoo!! I am so excited! The scale said more but I just put in the 5 pound loss. Yay!!! :bigsmile:

Way to go !!!!
  • melissa91971
    Options
    I want to see us win this thing!!! So we need to start posting some challenges and get on the ball! We can all do this!!

OK here goes......

I don't like crunches! I hate them! Soooo....

I challenge everyone who hates crunches to do at least 10 today!

How's that for a mini challenge!

~Mel

i'd love to, but my personal trainer told me that i shouldn't do crunches until I've lost more weight - I'm a 3rd of the way there - is this right????

Well I'm sure your personal trainer knows better than I do. So maybe I shouldn't either?! lol
    I will do anything to get out of crunches!:laugh:
  • renae77
    Options
    No Mel!! You don't get out of crunches!! :tongue: Aren't you the one who started this challenge??? :wink: You are not giving up on me now! LOL!!!:bigsmile: :drinker: Drink your water and do 10 more crunches!:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    OK ... I did my 10 but didn't see the 10 more you tried to raise me!

It was hard just to do 10. lol

I didn't get in any other exercise yesterday though :(

So I am thinking of posting a new challenge...........
  • renae77
    Options
    OK ... I did my 10 but didn't see the 10 more you tried to raise me!

It was hard just to do 10. lol

I didn't get in any other exercise yesterday though :(

So I am thinking of posting a new challenge...........
    Go for it girlie!!! Whatcha got? Give it your best shot!
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Renae, I love the quote on your signature - just happened to speak to me today... I'm writing it down and putting it on the refrigerator right now! Oh, and I'll see your 20 crunches and raise you ten!!!

I'm wondering about the personal trainer telling someone not to do crunches - please explain... (I guess a little part of me would like to be off the hook for a while too!)

I'm going out to dinner tonight with a friend, but I'm going to stay focused and make good choices. I took a short walk already today (weekends are off for exercise for me) just to get some fresh air. I've only had two glasses of water, though, so I'm going to work on that now.
  • renae77
    Options
    Renae, I love the quote on your signature - just happened to speak to me today... I'm writing it down and putting it on the refrigerator right now! Oh, and I'll see your 20 crunches and raise you ten!!!

I'm wondering about the personal trainer telling someone not to do crunches - please explain... (I guess a little part of me would like to be off the hook for a while too!)

I'm going out to dinner tonight with a friend, but I'm going to stay focused and make good choices. I took a short walk already today (weekends are off for exercise for me) just to get some fresh air. I've only had two glasses of water, though, so I'm going to work on that now.
    Thank you so much!! I had to pick a quote out that fits me of course! I love quotes close to my heart! Anyway now I gotta get in 30 crunches!! Aaagghhhhh!!!! Thanks!:tongue: How about lets add something else to this! 10 squats!!!!
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Are you doing Cardio? If so then you are burning calories and when you do crunches it builds up your muscles and after the fat is gone you will see the definition in your belly. Muscle burns more calories than fat does. Maybe you put up a thread and ask some of the others on here and maybe they will have a better answer for you. Keep up the good work!

YeahI am, as for the trainer, I've not got a lot of faith inhim to be honest :blushing: :blushing:
    Think I'll do crunches anyway, can't do any harm :happy:
  • renae77
    Options
    It strengthens your core anyway!
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    It strengthens your core anyway!
    Even more reason to do it then :bigsmile:
    I just done 20 crunches, aaaaannnnnddddd I noticed I could do it easier than the last time I tried :bigsmile:
  • renae77
    Options
    That is great!! Keep up the good work Jackie!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hello team. I just read the postings about crunches.and thougth I would share comments from a trainer I know. She is very much against crunches for everyone. She and some other trainers are hoping to spread the word to those dealing with young children so they start off right. Traditional crunches, from what I understand, cause forward flexing that strains the discs in the back. This is particularly bad for older people or if you have back issues. There are many other abdominal exercises that work the enitre abdomen (from breast bone to pelvic bone) without potentially harming the back. Check with your trainer. Good luck.
  • melissa91971
    Options
    Thanks ZaZa! Like I said I hate them anyway. It sucks to be fat and have to get on the floor! :laugh: LOL

I prefer doing the ab work through cardio workout videos anyway! It was nice of you to share!

OK...... So....
    everyone PLEASE no floor crunches..... let's do some other form of ab work but let's still get it done!:wink:

~Mel
  • renae77
    Options
    We have an ab tower but I can't do many on there. They are rough!
  • melissa91971
    Options
    We have an ab tower but I can't do many on there. They are rough!

Then do what you think you can an add two more!

:wink: ~Mel