Options

Replies

• hughesrj
    Options
    butter.. i love it....
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Because I'm on an 8-week pledge, I have not had any sweets (chocolate, biscuits, cakes) for 4 weeks and will continue that pledge until 1 Oct. I have had a few mint imperials because it stops my mouth from drying out when i'm cycling and I hate chewing gum which makes me feel terribly bloated :sick:

However, I have reduced my portion sizes by between 50-75%, don't eat anywhere near as much bread, having switched to Rivitas instead of toast and eat a banana almost every day :tongue:
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    :blushing: Welp, being that my diet was so terrible before I started eating right, I have had to change/stop eating everything!
    In fact it's easier for me to list the foods I am eating now : fresh fruit, veggies, whole grains and wheat and protein.
  • zumba89
    Options
    CANDY CANDY CANDY. I still have 10 mini bag of candy and for some reason i don't want to throw it away.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I've REALLY backed off the starches
  • Dominique06pn
    Options
    I stopped eating fastfood hamburgers 11 years ago, I stopped eating fastfood altogether at least 5 years ago. White bread, regular pop, meat.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Soda, Most Italian food <sigh>:ohwell:
  • cervenec
    Options
    Non diet, and now diet sodas. Mm, mm tea~
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. Too many empty calories and tends to lower your inhibitions, including your resolve to stay on your eating plan. It's been about four years now, and I don't miss it.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    meat!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Soda
    Chocolate (Candy of any kind really, although I did have 12 gummy savers in the last three months)
    Fast Food
    Cake, Pie, Cookies, Donuts
    White Rice
    Fried anything (except occasional chicken strips)
    Pasta
    Cheese
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    White sugar on my cereal.

Margarine on my sandwiches and toast.

My wife's chocolate chip cookies (sigh).
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Fries!! It's been 4 months!
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Pizza..

Although I have thought about buy it, I have resisted because of the calories in them..
  • blondski
    blondski Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ditto!!! Eating what I want but in moderation and once in a while instead of all time!!! Oh and working on getting Aspartame out of my diet!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Haven't really given up anything, it's all in the portion. I am learning to make better choices, but if there is something I really want, and it's in my calorie goal, I will have it. One of my favorite deserts is root beer floats, but now I have it w/ diet root beer and low fat/no sugar added ice cream
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Haven't really given up anything, it's all in the portion. I am learning to make better choices, but if there is something I really want, and it's in my calorie goal, I will have it. One of my favorite deserts is root beer floats, but now I have it w/ diet root beer and low fat/no sugar added ice cream

Thank you! I was about to say the same thing.... I may not eat some things as much as before but if I really want something I work it in. If I can't then I allow a "cheat" day to get out ose cravings. This is a life change and I don't believe in restricting anything. That is what makes us quit! All things in moderation!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options

Thank you! I was about to say the same thing.... I may not eat some things as much as before but if I really want something I work it in. If I can't then I allow a "cheat" day to get out ose cravings. This is a life change and I don't believe in restricting anything. That is what makes us quit! All things in moderation!!

Completely agree!!! And since someone share a "Skinny Margarita" recipe on this site, I can continue to drink margaritas!! Life is good!! :drinker:
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Gummy bears!!
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    little debbies and candy bars. I've replaced all the junk food I had with fiber one bars, and dry roasted almonds. I wish I could give up the microwavables and ramen, but as a college student on a budget with only a microwave and a small toaster oven, moderation and portion size is all I can do for now.