The 3 day apple fast/diet

Options
124»

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I am fascinated by this instruction for dinner the night before starting in the how-to post on page 1: "have a green salad to brush your system clear and prepare your body." Do people actually think that lettuce passes through your body as a crispy leaf that scrubs the sides of your intestines as it travels? Like after you've finished chewing it to mush and breaking it down in your stomach, it magically regenerates as a tiny whisk broom before disintegrating just before you poop? Inquiring minds want to know.

Corn. This I know. Brush, brush, brush.

OMG, children who swallow corn and carrots whole and then freak out at the results! Ask me how I know :D
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    bbjnkidz wrote: »
    Is this it? If so, sounds like it is meant for cleansing your digestive tract, right? I have heard of much worse ways! I think I may give it a try after all...

Prepare for your fast by eating lightly the day prior to starting. Avoid the temptation to eat a big "last supper" the night before. Instead, have a green salad to brush your system clear and prepare your body.

Eat nothing but organic apples, red or yellow, for three full days. Drink plenty of water or apple juice as well.

Take two tablespoons of olive oil on the fourth day to aid in digestion and facilitate your movements following the fast.

Begin breaking the fast on the fourth day by drinking orange juice in the morning and eating a light meal of fruits and vegetables in the afternoon. By dinner you should be ready to add some light grains to your diet.

Eat regularly on the fifth day and return to a normal, healthy diet, and regular exercise schedule.

Repeat this cleansing diet once a month for two to three months to clear your entire alimentary canal, liver, kidneys and your system in general.

Read more: How to Do an Apple Cleansing Fast | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_12675_apple-cleansing-fast.html#ixzz1WujJ3UQL

Do your kidneys and liver function? Basically if you aren't on a transplant list, they are fine. Your kidneys and liver "cleanse" your body, that's what they do. No special diet needed.

Basically all "detox" and "cleansing" diets are junk. Many can be unhealthy, some are downright dangerous.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    hellen72 wrote: »
    If you go to a website called 30bananasaday
    Ahhh the Portlandia Banana Diet!

If you follow any advice follow complete stranger's advice found on social media.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    sunNsurf wrote: »
    I am hoping to get good results!

Such as what?

Hoping it all works out in the end? ;)

Alls well that ends well.

After 7 years...

I think she'll end up feeling a little flushed.

Let's hope her plan didn't go straight down the pan then...

Pie pan??? (Woo, that's a big pic.)

q7cj6y82fp2d.jpg

I'm down with that apple diet!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I am fascinated by this instruction for dinner the night before starting in the how-to post on page 1: "have a green salad to brush your system clear and prepare your body." Do people actually think that lettuce passes through your body as a crispy leaf that scrubs the sides of your intestines as it travels? Like after you've finished chewing it to mush and breaking it down in your stomach, it magically regenerates as a tiny whisk broom before disintegrating just before you poop? Inquiring minds want to know.

OMG, children who swallow corn and carrots whole and then freak out at the results! Ask me how I know :D

What about blueberries?!? :laugh:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    lol what... the apple diet, there is something I hadn't heard of yet. Good to know.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Or beets.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Or beets.

I ate lots and lots of strawberries the other day and later thought I had some sort of tiny black parasite before I realized those were seeds. Gave myself a scare in the work bathroom. (sigh)