Options
flatbellybella
flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
I tend to always get this question... :grumble:
*or*
"What country were born in?"
"What are your parents?"
and the list goes on.

While sometimes I'm put off by the question, I guess people are just curious beings...
...with that being said - What are YOU?
(your ethnic background, race, mix etc etc)

I'm half Brazilian half Ukrainian/Polish.

Replies

• _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    White and thats all.....Kinda boring
  • JRena225
    Options
    Black and that's all....oh well lol
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am a southern belle, born and raised in the southern part of North America. My family history includes British, German, Scottish, and Native American.

;)
  • Bethywethy93
    Options
    I'm white. French. Indian. And Swedish. lol.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Mostly German and Irish, with a bit of English and French, and about 1/16th Native American (a bit from both parents).
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Im white with a tan :) lol
  • em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    English mother,half Scottish/Romanian father,Raised in the land of oz,now living in nz.
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    I am black and white! Yes, my white momma is awesome and got with my black daddy!! Ha :) My mothers side of the family is actually Irish and there is also a lot of Native American too. My fathers side of the family is black and Native American. In fact, his father was half black and indian! What a sweet mix!! Ya know, people crack me up because I get this question A LOT and I mean A LOT! "What are you?" I'm like, "What do you mean? I'm a human being!" I really hate that question actually. I don't mind at all telling people my ethnic background. I just wish they would ask differently. I'm proud of who I am. And ya know, why wouldn't I be? I get to rock this tan skin year round. The tan skin that so many women have to pay for! Haha :) I am often confused with being a hispanic mix or even an asian mix!!

Now I am a mother to two beautiful girls. Keep in mind I'm black/white. My husband is white. So this would mean my kids are more white than anything. My oldest daughter is white with green eyes and my youngest is white with bright blue eyes. Yes, you read that correctly. Believe me! When I'm out in public, just my girls and I, we definitely get the stares! So, when my girls get a little older, it'll be interesting for them to let people know that their mom is black! People will be in SHOCK!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Horny & lonely. Just sayin...
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    ... oh yeah, and Swedish!!! Forgot that part ;)
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I'm Yorkshire on my mum's side and Native American/Cajun/Welsh on my dad's side - total mishmash!
  • BAMA66
    BAMA66 Posts: 240
    Options
    White, German and Dutch
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Horny & lonely. Just sayin...
    LMAO
  • Murphk323
    Options
    white on my dads side (even though I dont know him) and mexican on my mommys side.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am black and white! Yes, my white momma is awesome and got with my black daddy!! Ha :) My mothers side of the family is actually Irish and there is also a lot of Native American too. My fathers side of the family is black and Native American. In fact, his father was half black and indian! What a sweet mix!! Ya know, people crack me up because I get this question A LOT and I mean A LOT! "What are you?" I'm like, "What do you mean? I'm a human being!" I really hate that question actually. I don't mind at all telling people my ethnic background. I just wish they would ask differently. I'm proud of who I am. And ya know, why wouldn't I be? I get to rock this tan skin year round. The tan skin that so many women have to pay for! Haha :) I am often confused with being a hispanic mix or even an asian mix!!

Now I am a mother to two beautiful girls. Keep in mind I'm black/white. My husband is white. So this would mean my kids are more white than anything. My oldest daughter is white with green eyes and my youngest is white with bright blue eyes. Yes, you read that correctly. Believe me! When I'm out in public, just my girls and I, we definitely get the stares! So, when my girls get a little older, it'll be interesting for them to let people know that their mom is black! People will be in SHOCK!!

I see that all the time. With mixed (black/white) moms and white fathers! They sound really adorable :)
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    English, white & also horny & lonely ;)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Mostly German and Irish, with a bit of English and French, and about 1/16th Native American (a bit from both parents).

I would also like to add to this that I'm a West Virginian hillbilly on my mom's side and part of a long line of migrant farmworkers turned orchard owners on my dad's side. I feel those are the more important aspects of my background (and the more interesting ones).
  • ScotsLenny
    ScotsLenny Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Scots and ratarsed ( kinda drunk, the two go together..lol) and always horny
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    As far as I know I am Dutch and French.. not sure what else if anything. My husband is half-mexican and half-white.. but not clear on the white side of him. So basically.. our kids are mutts. :smile:
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    My mom is Swedish and Native, my dad is British and Spanish.