"What are you?"

Options

Replies

• xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    First and foremost, I'm `MARICAN.

Nah really though, German and Swedish. I got a big nose and I'm white as *kitten*.
    My wife says that I'm a boiled egg. White on the outside, but yellow in the middle.
    I'd have to agree with that.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    irish and native american :P although not much as u can c :P
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    I m bitza everything .... Heritage is : Maltese , German, Italian, and Finish ... As I have lived in Australia for so many years .. I like to say Australian too :)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I am bigger than a breadbox.

Not gonna lie, I LOL'd.
  • Gayly
    Options
    i hear ya! me too...(responding to odusgolp)
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Oh lordy, I get this ALL the time. Japanese + Israeli (I'm NOT looking for a political argument here, but we can all agree on some kind of diaspora) + Western European (basically Dutch). ;D
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Just white--a mixture of Scottish, Welsh, and German. :)
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    im hawaiian japanese chinese german puerto rican norwegian :)
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    White, Irish, and awake in a tent at 5:29am
  • saligator
    saligator Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @liquid...u at Electric picnic or somethin?/

i'm Irish through and true, born and bred here, better still i'm Dublin through and true!
  • alltalk199
    Options
    Definately must say I have been asked this question before as well, quite confronting. I am proud to say that I am Cook Island Maori with a Tahitian background from New Zealand, but living in melbourne, Australia.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Straight German-Scottish as far back as you can go.

Although weirdly I get mistaken for being Polish or Czech all the time. I'll take it though, some of the most beautiful women I've ever met have been Slavic, so I guess it's a compliment. Haha
  • LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    half angolan half Portuguese!

was born in Portugal but live in the UK since i was 13 :)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Scottish, English, Dutch all on one side and Jewish from Eastern Europe on the other - never sure how to answer that one! (I'm also an historian, so whether or not I can count Russian/Ukrainian/Belorussian (my grandmother spoke Russian and considered herself Russian, but was born in Minsk and her parents were born in what is now the Ukraine) and Polish is debatable.) I usually just say Canadian...
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Since my last name is quite "ethnic" sounding, I get this question, despite looking white and having no accent when I speak. On my dad's side, which is where my last name comes from - I'm not sure. Most people think my last name sounds Native North American, and I'm not entirely sure it isn't. So I tell them I "think" that's where my last name comes from.

On my mom's side, I can trace my lineage in the US back to 15 years after the 1st Mayflower voyage. So that makes me pretty American. The ancestors that came here were the Southwicks from England. On that line I can trace my lineage back to the days when the Vikings were up in England. I can trace back to about the year 800 when my great to the 30-something power grandmother was born in Denmark.

I grew up in south FL, and my kids are Cuban and Puerto Rican. My cousins are black and white. Just doing my part to add some color and flavor to the family tree :D
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've been told I'm a *kitten*. A white one. Casper White.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Well, there's Irish and American Indian on my dad's side. On my mom's though, there's American Indian and Scottish on her mom's side, and on her father's side, there's Portuguese and French Canadian. So I guess you can say I'm a mix :P Luckily for me and my skin, I inherited more of the Portuguese and American Indian than the Scottish or Irish. As far back as anyone can remember on my mother's side, every woman has pale skin, bright red hair and green eyes. I do have the lovely green eyes thankfully, but my skin is tan with yellow undertones rather than pink undertones. My father inherited the American Indian skin tone as well, and he's so tan that when I was 5 I told my class that my dad was black :laugh:
  • cindy0716
    Options
    Mostly German and Irish, with a bit of English and French, and about 1/16th Native American (a bit from both parents).

I would also like to add to this that I'm a West Virginian hillbilly on my mom's side and part of a long line of migrant farmworkers turned orchard owners on my dad's side. I feel those are the more important aspects of my background (and the more interesting ones).
  • cindy0716
    Options
    Mostly German and Irish, with a bit of English and French, and about 1/16th Native American (a bit from both parents).

I would also like to add to this that I'm a West Virginian hillbilly on my mom's side and part of a long line of migrant farmworkers turned orchard owners on my dad's side. I feel those are the more important aspects of my background (and the more interesting ones).

When I saw your first post, I thought, "this person sounds like they are from WV". So am I. I say I'm "Heinz 57" - a little of everything.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My Mom and Dad are from very near places in Southern India. So I am basically........ just Indian. If i were to marry my boyfriend, our kids would be a mixture of South India and North India. Still they would just be Indians............... So much for trying to make it interesting.. Nope, the whole lot is just Indians!