If you have kids....this is way off topic but thought I woul

Options
124»

Replies

• GageG
    GageG Posts: 12
    Options
    My children are 15, 13, 12, 10, 8, 6 and 4. They all have different tastes and things they won't eat, Particularly the younger ones. The rule is; eat what we are having, don't eat, or have bread...that's it.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is more of a discipline issue than a food one. Even now, I ask my 4 year old, if he doesn't want to try something, what the right thing to do is if someone has worked hard to cook you something. He always says 'Eat it' and at least tries some.

We have eaten at lots of different places and I have never once worried whether there was enough that he would eat. We did baby led weaning, so he was never spoon fed, and I wonder if this helped.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Mine are 9weeks and 6yrs, 9 week old easy lol he just likes the runny white stuff but my 6yr old was a very picky eater. She lived off a very limited diet until she was 5 then we really pushed her into trying new foods. After 3 nights of sitting at table for 3hrs finishing what was put on her plate she now happily eats whatever we give her at meal times. Usually a smaller portion of our meal but we sometimes substitute her meat for something she likes better - she loves chicken and fish but hates red meat which we dont have an issue with
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Mum always makes a "special plate" for my brother (13), who won't eat steak or salad or potatoes, but will eat hot dogs and frozen pizzas. I've mentioned it to Mum and it did not end well. :grumble:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    My philosophy of feeding children is "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit."