ANJU WARRIORS~ Sept Tribal Challenge -Wk 2 closed

Options
Here we go ANJU WARRIORS!

Week 2 Monday Sept 5th - Saturday Sept 9th

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
WEEK 2 –PYGMY SERIES (Basic)

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING

YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER! IF YOU FEEL NOTHING THEN YOU EITHER NEED TO INCREASE YOUR RATE OR WEIGHT OR MOVE TO BUSHMEN!

Keep going strong!
Posted by MFP Challenge Series at 12:08 PM 1 comments
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Google Buzz

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
WEEK 2 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week TWO Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

Replies

• FitJ1210
    Options
    Gary's Blog.. 2nd week challenges (same as above) and video links to the exercises, if your interested.

http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

~Please continue to check in with last weeks stats if you haven't!

Here we go:smile:
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    For MONDAY, Sept 5th.

PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

~Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

~Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Same water 64 oz and with- in calorie limit

Plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant.
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You gotta be kidding! More bear walks? Sheesh!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later! Hope you ladies are enjoying you're rest day!
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Hm, so we get an additional point for every day we do an extra mile? I'm gonna consider getting my treadmill out and walking a mile every day. That would be 7 extra points, right? Or is it a one time thing?
  • FitJ1210
    Options

I have sent a PM to Gary asking to modify these w/ pushups. What do you think? I hope it's A- OK
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Hm, so we get an additional point for every day we do an extra mile? I'm gonna consider getting my treadmill out and walking a mile every day. That would be 7 extra points, right? Or is it a one time thing?

"For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant."

Your right 7 extra... that would fit with your marathon training?

Monday, Wed, Fri 2.5 miles for Pygmy.
  • tlrunyon
    Options
    This is pretty crazy-wild :noway: adding all these exercises on top of our normal workout routine. I think I'll have to get up early to do this. HHhhmmmm....need a plan, need a plan.

I'm sending really strong workout wishes to all of you ANJU Warriors!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    I agree Tina... this is pretty wild crazy.

I dont want to throw in the towel but I dont think I can keep at this tremendous pace.

The bear crawl is ~way over~ my limit and its in Pygmy this week.

Just being honest here.

We want to be successful warriors able to move forward.. not injured ones.

Any ideas?
  • candb
    Options
    I'm personally scared of the bear walk... part of the reason I didn't do it, plus the way my house is laid out I don't have a great place to do it, especially for 5 Bushmen minutes. Best place, I believe is the upstairs hallway. I'll just have to vacuum everyday since I'd be going right past the closet with the litter boxes. Don't really want that on my hands. :noway:

Also I'm technically not marathon training. I'm on the last week of couch to 5K so I'd be walking the extra mile instead of running. I figure I can do that while watching Days of our Lives on the DVR.

I did the Bushmen arms today and my Shed 5 Fast video that I had scheduled. Tonight after I get the boys to bed I'm going to do an hour of Zumba.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Question on the split squats.... for the pygmy is it 25 on each leg or all together?

And has anyone else watched the video? Is it just me or does it look just like a lunge?
  • candb
    Options
    Question on the split squats.... for the pygmy is it 25 on each leg or all together?

And has anyone else watched the video? Is it just me or does it look just like a lunge?
    I think it definitely looks like a lunge. My guess is 25 on each side. Otherwise you wouldn't be even.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    Reporting for week 1:

Current weight- 168.0
    Daily exercises- yes all 3
    Weekly challenge- yes all 3 days
    Bonus 3 minute bear walk- no

This challenge is getting serious! Just remember -- listen to your body. If something is too much for you, don't over do it. But, also remember that this is a challenge and there is no harm in pushing yourself! We are warriors!
  • FitJ1210
    Options

Thinking about this Julie it would be ONLY 6 extra points as the week runs Mon- Sat. Sunday is a rest day.
  • FitJ1210
    Options

Not sure here but I'd make it even on both sides weather you do 25 or 50.

I'm gonna do 50.. its not gonna hurt.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Reporting for week 1:

Current weight- 168.0
    Daily exercises- yes all 3
    Weekly challenge- yes all 3 days
    Bonus 3 minute bear walk- no

This challenge is getting serious! Just remember -- listen to your body. If something is too much for you, don't over do it. But, also remember that this is a challenge and there is no harm in pushing yourself! We are warriors!

Thanks for the wise words and for you stats. Woooo- Hoooo your a lb closer!!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    I need last weeks stats for:

Linda
    Meredith
    Sarah
    Jennifer

Have a KA workout warriors!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Split up today's challenge based on what I do at the gym (leg day, might as well get lunges out of the way right?!) and then I'll hit the rest after our labor day picnic. I'll need it by then.
    '
    Spent this morning cooking up some healthy goodness to keep me going at work today. Planning out this week with vengeneance. It might be TOM but it will not slow me down! Not with the support of my fellow ANJU warriors who are killin' it all week!!
  • MereMe
    Options

I have sent a PM to Gary asking to modify these w/ pushups. What do you think? I hope it's A- OK

I can pull off a minute... Barely (pun intended)... The 3 minutes last week was just eccessive for me! :)
  • MereMe
    Options
    My weigh in is on the week one thread... Figured thats where it belonged? :)