ANJU WARRIORS~ Sept Tribal Challenge -Wk 2 closed

Options

Replies

• Jycooper
    Options
    bump
  • Jycooper
    Options
    cant find the video that shows what a split squat is. What is a split squat.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    cant find the video that shows what a split squat is. What is a split squat.

If you go to mfpchallenges.blogspot.com, the tribal challenge leader (gary) has posted videos to all of the exercises. Here is the one for a split squat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKe29tTKGyw&feature=related%20
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm trying to go Bushmen this week and have done about half. First I did my planned slimdown workout which was a 30 minute run (I did it on the treadmill since it's been pouring down rain all day) with a 5 minute each warm-up & cool-down walk. I did stay on the treadmill afterwards for the extra mile walk. Burned over 500 cals per my HRM! Then I did my planned core workout.

Then I started the Bushmen stuff. Did 100 total split squats (50 on each side), 100 jumping jacks, 50 crunches, 50 toe touches, and 20 windshield wipers. By that point I was exhausted and my 2 month old was stirring so I'm going to have to do the burpees & bear walk for tonight. Nothing like saving the most crappy for last. Ha! I'm not sure I can physically even do 50 burpees. And I've never done a bear walk so this should be interesting.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    I did a modified Pygmy this morn

1.5 treadmill mile

For the 1 min bear walk .. I did 20 girlie push ups instead. ( I counted a mins worth)

100 jumping jacks .. I did 5o jj and 50 skaters. (skaters are easier on my knees and I :heart: :heart: :heart: doing them)

50 crunches... I did 25 bicycles, 10 roll ups and 20 obliques

50 lunges

I going to do another mile this pm .

I believe I stayed with in the boundaries of today's Pygmy schedule.

Keep kicking it team!!
  • tlrunyon
    Options
    I did a modified Pygmy/Bushmen:

100 jumping jacks
    50 toe touches each leg
    25 burpees
    20 windshield wipers each side
    50 split squats each leg
    50 crunches
    2 minute bearwalk

The extra walk/run for me is going to be tough to try and fit that in...I'm down one day already. I'm not thrilled about that treadmill :) and it's been raining most of the day here.

For the bushmen, do I have to do 3.1 for the week? And then if I do a 3.1 every day it's extra points?
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    WORK OUTS For TUESDAY Sept 6th

Pygmy- Basic

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog 1 extra mile this week. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bushman- Advanced

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    I did a modified Pygmy/Bushmen:

100 jumping jacks
    50 toe touches each leg
    25 burpees
    20 windshield wipers each side
    50 split squats each leg
    50 crunches
    2 minute bearwalk

The extra walk/run for me is going to be tough to try and fit that in...I'm down one day already. I'm not thrilled about that treadmill :) and it's been raining most of the day here.

For the bushmen, do I have to do 3.1 for the week? And then if I do a 3.1 every day it's extra points?

For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Tina Did that answer it for you?

BTW Your smoking those w/o's! :drinker:
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Are you all ready... MODIFICATION for the Grizzy...... bear walk is:

A downward facing dog... its a Yoga move, are you familiar with? it's not easy but its very doable.

bear walk 1 min = downward facing dog 1 min

Modification mix up for the Jumping jacks... speed skaters, same reps, try 1/2 & 1/2.
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Day one... Done... As am I! *whew!* The challenge (including bonus walk), along with my normal workout took 2 1/2 hours! I will try to hang with the pace, but am unsure I can keep up! Sarah & I already train w the c25k program for 30/day & Turbofire for an hour. I had no idea the challenge would double our workouts. We both work & have active kids to take care of. Sorry to whine... Just overwhelmed that it is this involved! I expected an increase in activity, but wow!
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    Current weight....200
    I did all of the challenges plus my regular workout (even the bear walk!) Water- Yes!
    Am I posting in the right place???
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Done...finally. Have tomorrow's written down on my regular workout sheet to try to get it all done in one shot. We'll see. I know I won't fit the 'extra 5k' in with time constraints as it is. But I'll get done what needs done!

Also, I've dropped my calories down a bunch so my day today looks way over. Sorry that that throws off the look of my 'weekly' challenge but I'm at a plateau and need to switch things up.
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    So I've mostly been doing a combination of pygmy/bushmen. I do the pygmy at a minimum and usually throw in at least some of the bushmen stuff. I did the pygmy challenge this morning, and then my sister asked me to do some ab work with her... so today I did:

2.5 mile walk (1.5 + 1 bonus)
    100 split squats (50 each leg)
    20 windshield wipers
    100 crunches
    100 jumping jacks
    50 toe touches
    1 minute bear walk

AND I walked around the mall for several hours. I'm gonna be a hurtin' pup tomorrow! Thank goodness tomorrow is upper body stuff... my poor leggies need a little break!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    .... Does anyone else feel like their legs might fall off? :huh: LOL And I've just been doing the Pygmy exercises! You ladies doing the Bushman are amazing!!!! I'm looking forward to upper body tomorrow:laugh:
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Day one... Done... As am I! *whew!* The challenge (including bonus walk), along with my normal workout took 2 1/2 hours! I will try to hang with the pace, but am unsure I can keep up! Sarah & I already train w the c25k program for 30/day & Turbofire for an hour. I had no idea the challenge would double our workouts. We both work & have active kids to take care of. Sorry to whine... Just overwhelmed that it is this involved! I expected an increase in activity, but wow!

I know.... But look at the rewards you earned... a stronger ... healthier body thats 4.20 lbs lighter!

You fought a tough battle your our "warrior of week" :drinker:
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Current weight....200
    I did all of the challenges plus my regular workout (even the bear walk!) Water- Yes!
    Am I posting in the right place???

Yes you are.. Thank you Sarah :smile:

All stats are in. :smile:

Thanks everyone!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Gary answer on modfications to the bearwalk :

Anything can be used as an alternative that pushes your forward. I'm always looking for the same intensity for the amount of time.

So 3 minutes of straight crunches would be great or pushups until you physically can't do anymore.

That kind of thing?
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    MODIFICATIONS LIST Were trying to use the same muscle groups, but mixing it up to keep from injuries.

Bearwalk

downward facing dog - same mins

push ups - same mins

Jumping jacks

speed skaters - same reps

Any ideas please post.
  • tlrunyon
    Options
    I cannot do a downward dog and feel it in the same places as the bear walk:wink: But on a "bad" day this will work.