ANJU WARRIORS~ Sept Tribal Challenge -Wk 2 closed

Options

Replies

• tlrunyon
    Options
    Tina Did that answer it for you?

BTW Your smoking those w/o's! :drinker:
    I just read your post and was like "oh, I get it" and then scroll down and see this. Just about died laughing right here in my quiet office.:laugh:

This week will be a challenge ladies. I have killer workouts at the gym and I am doing these Bushmen challenges!!! A very good friend of mine asked me what in the world would I do w/o them. They obsess me or something :bigsmile:

I love reading the posts here....you guys are doing an awesome job; and keeping me motivated at the same time.
  • tlrunyon
    Options
    .... Does anyone else feel like their legs might fall off? :huh: LOL And I've just been doing the Pygmy exercises! You ladies doing the Bushman are amazing!!!! I'm looking forward to upper body tomorrow:laugh:
    LOVE upper body! Glad you're feeling it.....means you're tough!!!!!
  • tlrunyon
    Options
    So I've mostly been doing a combination of pygmy/bushmen. I do the pygmy at a minimum and usually throw in at least some of the bushmen stuff. I did the pygmy challenge this morning, and then my sister asked me to do some ab work with her... so today I did:

2.5 mile walk (1.5 + 1 bonus)
    100 split squats (50 each leg)
    20 windshield wipers
    100 crunches
    100 jumping jacks
    50 toe touches
    1 minute bear walk

AND I walked around the mall for several hours. I'm gonna be a hurtin' pup tomorrow! Thank goodness tomorrow is upper body stuff... my poor leggies need a little break!
    So how are you feeling today?
  • tlrunyon
    Options
    Day one... Done... As am I! *whew!* The challenge (including bonus walk), along with my normal workout took 2 1/2 hours! I will try to hang with the pace, but am unsure I can keep up! Sarah & I already train w the c25k program for 30/day & Turbofire for an hour. I had no idea the challenge would double our workouts. We both work & have active kids to take care of. Sorry to whine... Just overwhelmed that it is this involved! I expected an increase in activity, but wow!
    Which challenge are you doing? You could always mix the pygmy with the bushmen to save on time.

Don't you LOVE TurboFire????
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    So I've mostly been doing a combination of pygmy/bushmen. I do the pygmy at a minimum and usually throw in at least some of the bushmen stuff. I did the pygmy challenge this morning, and then my sister asked me to do some ab work with her... so today I did:

20 windshield wipers
    100 crunches
    100 jumping jacks
    50 toe touches
    1 minute bear walk

AND I walked around the mall for several hours. I'm gonna be a hurtin' pup tomorrow! Thank goodness tomorrow is upper body stuff... my poor leggies need a little break!

My legs were a little sore when I woke up, but I went for a walk and I feel much better. I did the bushmen exercises today for upper body and my arms felt like Jello! I'm loving these challenges -- I had a monthly goal to incorporate more strength training into my schedule, and this is helping. I tend to be 'that' girl who only does cardio. I'm finding myself enjoying strength training, and I love the feeling of accomplishment when I finish the sets.

LOVING this challenge and LOVING having y'all as teammates!!
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Day one... Done... As am I! *whew!* The challenge (including bonus walk), along with my normal workout took 2 1/2 hours! I will try to hang with the pace, but am unsure I can keep up! Sarah & I already train w the c25k program for 30/day & Turbofire for an hour. I had no idea the challenge would double our workouts. We both work & have active kids to take care of. Sorry to whine... Just overwhelmed that it is this involved! I expected an increase in activity, but wow!
    Which challenge are you doing? You could always mix the pygmy with the bushmen to save on time.

I am doing Pygmy, C25k, and yes! LOVING TurboFire! I feel lost without Chalene on that rest day! I definantly dont have time (nor strength!) to add Bushmen in! You gals are TOUGH pulling those off!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Works been super busy so apologize now for the drive by post...will try to add more later but I got the challenge in, still have to get in my regular workout. Woke up late, had time to get challenge in and that was it. Switching up regular workout to accomodate that but it'll all get done by days end! Seems I'm putting the challenge higher on the priority list which is good for the challenge but procrastinating on the regular workout. LoL. IT ALL MUST BE DONE!! :wink:
  • rockyj44
    Options
    Day 2 completed. Had to do the 1.5 mile on Day 2 so this will complete Day 1 as well.

I agree... "Whew!"
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    I cannot do a downward dog and feel it in the same places as the bear walk:wink: But on a "bad" day this will work.

Now I gotta say its been awhile since Ive done a really challenging w/o.. but those bear walks. I could be Miss King Kong.. and I still wouldn't be able to pull 3 mins of those .... *kitten* kickers off!
  • FitJ1210
    Options

This week will be a challenge ladies. I have killer workouts at the gym and I am doing these Bushmen challenges!!! A very good friend of mine asked me what in the world would I do w/o them. They obsess me or something :bigsmile:

Good for you :smile: I cant wait to start loving to w/o again!
  • FitJ1210
    Options

20 windshield wipers
    100 crunches
    100 jumping jacks
    50 toe touches
    1 minute bear walk

My legs were a little sore when I woke up, but I went for a walk and I feel much better. I did the bushmen exercises today for upper body and my arms felt like Jello! I'm loving these challenges -- I had a monthly goal to incorporate more strength training into my schedule, and this is helping. I tend to be 'that' girl who only does cardio. I'm finding myself enjoying strength training, and I love the feeling of accomplishment when I finish the sets.

LOVING this challenge and LOVING having y'all as teammates!!

Wonderful Shannon.... you go get em girl! ST is the absolute BEST!
  • FitJ1210
    Options

Did you do Chalean Extreme before TF?

I am doing Pygmy, C25k, and yes! LOVING TurboFire! I feel lost without Chalene on that rest day! I definantly dont have time (nor strength!) to add Bushmen in! You gals are TOUGH pulling those off!

Did you do Chalean Extreme before TF? Hows TF on your knees?
  • MereMe
    Options

No - this is my first workout program of hers. TF is tough on my knees I would say - but then, I had bad ones anyway! I wear a kneebrace on the worst said and complete most everything. I mark alot of Jumping Jacks and jumps when my knee get to acting up though! :) We plan to do CE as a Hybrid with TF after this round! :)
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Reese and Linda :drinker: :drinker: to you both!

Day 2 My warm up was 1 mile dogwalk. Then stared out doing Pygmy, but continued and finished Bushmen. :tongue:

I'm running out of time...I'll post tomorrows work outs.

Everyone is doing so well... Here's a... BIG Pat on the Back!!
  • FitJ1210
    Options

No - this is my first workout program of hers. TF is tough on my knees I would say - but then, I had bad ones anyway! I wear a kneebrace on the worst said and complete most everything. I mark alot of Jumping Jacks and jumps when my knee get to acting up though! :) We plan to do CE as a Hybrid with TF after this round! :)

This challenge is my jump start.. to CE! I am hoping to start Oct- Nov . Then move onto TF!

I dont know what you mean ?" I mark alot of Jumping Jacks and jumps when my knee get to acting up though! :) "

Is it full of JJ and Ive seen the lower impacter .. does she help?

I commend you... your a go- get -her!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    For WEDNESDAY Sept 7th

Pygmy- Basic

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile, this above todays 1.5. mile. ( Total 2.5)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bushmen- Advanced

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K . For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    From Gary ... on the news feed

Attention TRIBAL WARRIORS! Are you up for a Mini Challenge for this week to get us started? No point involved...but you might notice higher weight loss which will end up in points earned! So here's the challenge. Burn 1000 calories in a workout this week! You can do one day at 1000 or do each day its up to you! REMEMBER THESE ARE OPTIONAL FEEL NO PRESSURE TO DO THEM UNLESS YOU ARE A SURVIVETTE THEN ITS MANDATORY!
  • MereMe
    Options

This challenge is my jump start.. to CE! I am hoping to start Oct- Nov . Then move onto TF!

I dont know what you mean ?" I mark alot of Jumping Jacks and jumps when my knee get to acting up though! :) "

Is it full of JJ and Ive seen the lower impacter .. does she help?

I commend you... your a go- get -her!

By "mark them" I just mean I don't do them full out - I mostly do the low impact on those. If they jump, I pull a knee up into my chest. If they jack, I do a small lunge. I try to keep moving reguardless! I wonder which is harder - CE or TF???
  • sarahemily72
    Options
    I did everything for Tuesday 9-06-11.
    My calorie goal is 1300....I ate 1400 but burned about 600 calories. I did weigh today....woo hoo! Hopefully, i will keep it off for the official weigh-in!
  • Jycooper
    Options
    completed the challenges for today and yesterday.