Lose 40lbs by Christmas

Options
Hello! I wanted to start a group for people that want to lose 40lbs by Christmas! Thats 2.5 lbs a week for 16 weeks, and truly believe that it can be done. Please tell me your starting weight, your goal weight, and how you plan on losing this weight. Good Luck!!!

Starting weight-202.6
Goal weight-162.2
Plan-Zumba 6 days/week for 1 hour, drink 6 glasses of water a day, and continue to stay strick with my calories.

Replies

• mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    sounds optimistic lol but i soooo wanna do it!!!! x

starting at 212
    goal (40 less than that haha)

im doing an hour of cardio everyday.... trying sooo hard with my calories, upping my water intake and lowering those pesky carbs!! x
  • sullengrl60
    Options
    Hi there.

I'd love to lose 40 lbs by xmas.

starting weight 219.8

current weight 208.8

Goal weight 160.0

Plan I work out 5 days a week 30 min cardio and stick to my 1500 calorie diet.

Good Luck all.
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I want to sign up!

starting weight: 180
    goal weight: 140
    plan: workout for one hour at least 5 times a week, sticking to my calories and getting better about water!!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    sounds optimistic lol but i soooo wanna do it!!!! x

starting at 212
    goal (40 less than that haha)

im doing an hour of cardio everyday.... trying sooo hard with my calories, upping my water intake and lowering those pesky carbs!! x

I am at 198 now... My goal weight is 130 but my goal by christmas is 155.. 40 from now is 158 so I can deal with that :)

I plan on staying within my cals, not eating exercise cals and at least 30 min of cardio a day. I am working on being able to do an hour a day.. Lots of water.. Hmm lol..that's all I got
  • msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I would love to sign up, however, 40 pounds is more than I want to lose by Christmas. Will you settle for 30 pounds.:happy:

SW: 168
    CW: 165
    Goal: 135

I workout five times a week. Cardio M-F and Weight Training M-W-F.
  • slimdayle
    slimdayle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Starting at 217lbs.
    Lets do this!
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge, I'm in another X-Mas challenge,but this one will make me work even harder.
  • crissyyoung
    Options
    Sounds like fun! I have 61 more pounds to go any ways. SW 230 CW 211 GW 150 . I swim a hour every morning and walk 30 min a day at work when were not busy. I'm a massage therapist so I count my clients as calorie burners also. I'm also eating better. Mainly on the week days. Not bad on the weekends just not as good.
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am totally in I need all the help I can get. Starting weight as of this a.m. 204 1st goal is 153 that is out of obesity for me. I plan to start working out in the a.m before I go to work because my days are filled with homework from my classes. Cardio videos Leslie Sansone is great and works your butt off. We can do this.
  • aworkman83
    Options
    I was going for 30 by Christmas but I can handle 10 more lbs!

SW 352
    CW 352
    GW 180

1 hr of cardio 5/ week, 5 small meals, more protein and less slow carbs
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! That's pretty much my goal anyway. :P Starting this at 220 lbs. Just got serious Sept. 1. I would LOVE to be around 180 by Christmas/New Year's Day!

I've been watching my food intake trying to stay close to my 1200/day goal. Doing my best to drink plenty of water. ZUMBA 5-6 times a week. Different strengthening exercises. :) Good look everyone and feel free to add me!
  • AvaCopper11
    Options
    We are going to do this! Always think positive! Also Weigh-in is on Fridays!
  • reignjonas
    reignjonas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group!

Starting weight / current weight: 260

Christmas goal weight: 220

Final goal weight: 175

I'm doing the Medifast "5 & 1 Plan" (which usually averages out to 1000 calories / day or less), I'm going to try to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water per day, wean myself from diet soda, and I'm starting out with 3x / week cardio workouts (gradually increasing my time and number of days, and eventually including some light strengthening exercises).
  • vespaberrie
    vespaberrie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm in...
    Starting weight 259 (next weight-in is tomorrow)
    Challenge goal weight 219!! (OMG).
    I plan on a minimum of 60 mins. of cardio 5 days a week!
    Uping my water intake
    No Alcohol
    Very, Very very little Carbs!!
    I want to ring in 2012 as an "almost skinny B*tch"!!
  • mrsmccullen07
    Options
    I would love to join :) I started at 210lbs originally I am down to 191.8 (todays weight) ..

Start Weight 191.8
    After this Challenge 151.8
    Final Goal 110-135 wherever I look best in my healthy range

I am sticking to my calories while drinking Shakeology for 2 meals a day , Couch to 5 K and rotating walking,Turbo Jam, or Insanity on my rest days. I am only on Week One Day Two

I also drink all my water avoid all "soda" ... and am trying to figure out the rest of this diet stuff
  • TrueCowboysFan
    Options
    I would love to join in the challenge.

SW: 197
    mini goal 9/30/11: 187
    mini goal 10/31/11: 177
    mini goal 11/30/11: 167
    GW: 157

My plan is to stick with my workouts 5-6 days a week, no soda - only water - low carb/high protein. Each more smaller meals each day.
  • Theorrs1105
    Options
    I would love to join!! I am starting out at a whopping 298 pounds and ready to lose!!
    My plans are to count calories and do atleast 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week!!
  • tazzy1310
    tazzy1310 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group. I already set this goal for myself to drop 40lbs by christmas. i started the whole process last week. My starting weight from last weight in is 242. My goal weight at christmas is 202. My overall goal is 170 which puts me in a healthy BMI.

My plan is to continue breastfeeding my son, watching my calorie intake, drinking lots of water and exercises 5-6 times a week. I try to do some type of activity, if i cant go to the gym, ill do the bigest loser workout video, take the kids for a walk, or play some form of sport.
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I am in. My total goal is 37 pounds.. . So, 37-40.. I am IN for the challenge! :)

Starting weight 187
    Goal Weight 150

Daily goals-- continue excercise each day, cardio at least 5 days per week.. More weight lifting , stay in calorie range and MORE water!
  • Monicqua
    Monicqua Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in this challenge but, as a 1st timer joining a group challenge I am not sure how it works :smile:

Start weight is 186
    (I would like to loose 40 pounds by Christmas)
    Goal weight after challenge 146

My ideal weight would be in a safe margin between 138 - 142.

My plan would be to stay within my calories, continue to excercise 5 days per week , cardio 3 days and bike 2 days. Keep to a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day, eat more healthy and avoid weekend overeat and unhealthy night eats :blushing: