Lose 40lbs by Christmas

Options

Replies

• Brooke1585
    Brooke1585 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This week wasn't a good week for me. :-( I actually gained 1.3lbs putting me to 219.5. :sad: I am going to work my butt off this coming weekend and next week and I'm going to come with better results.

Congrats to all the ladies that lost this week!! :happy:
  • rac22582
    Options
    My name is Rebecca and I am from Texas. I need to lose 40lbs by Christmas. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and my doc told me that it is best for me to lose the weight.

Starting weight: 210
    Goal weight: 170
    Plans on how to get there: work out 5 days a week/ givew up soft drinks and drink lots of water/ eat healthy

By biggest down fall is lunch.... I find it so hard for me to stick to my plan at lunch..... Oh and also social eating. If everybody is eating bad then I eat bad... I can use some help and support from anybody out there. HELP ME!!!!
  • gigivmyor
    Options
    Count me in! :)
    Starting weight: 194.2lbs
    Goal: lose 40 by christmas (approx 15 wks), lose 2.7 lbs/wk
    Plan: use stairs, no desserts, Nike workouts 2-3x/wk, calorie counting (of course!), drink plenty of water, avoid buffets!!
  • promiseskept
    Options
    I have gained 8 since the beginning of summer and really need this challenge to stay on track! I am all in 100%!
    So:
    Starting weight: 185.5
    Goal weight 145!

That would put me 20 from where I want to finish!
    I plan on exercising an hour a day, 6 days a week.
    I also will maintain 1400 calories!!
  • queen263
    queen263 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in... SW 268 GW(by christmas) 228
    My plan is to stay within my calorie range, exercise at least three days a week (walking, zumba, elliptical) and trying to remain motivated!!
  • wrinklesmom
    Options
    This week wasn't a good week for me. :-( I actually gained 1.3lbs putting me to 219.5. :sad: I am going to work my butt off this coming weekend and next week and I'm going to come with better results.

Brooke....I share in your results. I gained 1 pound this week. It was very discouraging because I place alot of value of success on the number on the scale. I felt like a looser...but then I just started thinking...I didn't put on my weight in one week....and I can't expect to loose it on one week either. I love your positivity and resolve - you WILL do it this week...we both will...I just wish I could loose it like a guy...lol...my husband sneezes and drops 5 pounds...lol!

So this is my post...I gained one..ugh! New Current is 199 :(
  • Brooke1585
    Brooke1585 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Brooke....I share in your results. I gained 1 pound this week. It was very discouraging because I place alot of value of success on the number on the scale. I felt like a looser...but then I just started thinking...I didn't put on my weight in one week....and I can't expect to loose it on one week either. I love your positivity and resolve - you WILL do it this week...we both will...I just wish I could loose it like a guy...lol...my husband sneezes and drops 5 pounds...lol!

So this is my post...I gained one..ugh! New Current is 199 :(

I LOVE your comment about not losing all your weight in one week...I will have to keep that in mind when I know I'm not going to see the number on the scale that I want to see. It can definitely be discouraging but that's one thing I love about MFP is the support that everyone gives one another...it makes you want to succeed even more. So yes..WE both will do it this week and have some good news for next Friday's weigh in. Hope you have a great weekend and a successful week ahead. :happy:
  • Chirron40
    Chirron40 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Had a good first week, I stayed under calorie goal everyday.

SW-9/5--190
    CW-9/9--188.4
    Lost 1.6lbs
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!!

SW: 250

CW: 243

GW: 210

LET"S DO THIS PEOPLE!!!! :)
  • AvaCopper11
    Options
    Looks like everyone did great this week!!!! Today was crazy so I wasnt able to make a chart I will do it tomorrow!!

btw my weigh in was 202.2, i only lost 0.4lbs but im blaming it on my period lol
  • Beijos
    Beijos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sorry didnt see it was closed. good luck everyone
  • wtonille
    Options
    SW: 163
    CW:160
    GW:123

I eat 900 cal/day @ max sometimes less (like today 550) and do 60 mins of exercise 4 times/ week (ballet 1 day and cheer practice 3 days) *I lost one pound in one day (between yesterday afternoon and today)*
  • Monicqua
    Monicqua Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone did great this week!!!! Today was crazy so I wasnt able to make a chart I will do it tomorrow!!

btw my weigh in was 202.2, i only lost 0.4lbs but im blaming it on my period lol

It's so real like that sometimes our weight flactuation is an interesting factor :smile: this is a great loss. It makes me feel so relaxed to see the different results and realisations this week.

You are all bringing it in mind and doing fabulous :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • girlando24
    Options
    1)This is my time to get the pounds off. I would like to get my tapes out and Walk the mile
    2)Drink lots and lots of Water
    3)Stay away from sweets and carbs (which is my down fall I love the sweet and salty)

My weight as of now 217 by x-mas I will be at 177 (I would like to see me in a size 12):happy:
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I am in! my weight on friday was 213.4 to be 173 aqt Christmas would be amazing! My sister, mother and son are all challenging each other to drop 30 in 90 so this would help me be the biggest loser at our Christmas gathering and give me bragging rights!

I will get on the exercise bike 5 days a week for an hour and do strength moves with weights while on the bike! Yoga 30 minutes a day every day and restarting the 30 day shred program! Starting right now!
  • KettyLan
    KettyLan Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW 198.8
    Mini Goal. 180
    GW 160

Will exercise 6x a week.
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose 20lbs by Christmas, but now I am totally in for losing 40lbs.
    WE CAN DO IT! :-)
  • bioheil
    bioheil Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Weigh in!

Sw-289
    Cw- 283
    Gw- 249
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I wanna join too please!! :-)

My start weight 236 :-(

But to be under 200 would be AMAZING to me, I dont think I was born that size!

Goal weight (for xmas) 196!!! Woo Hoo!!

xxxx