• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    9396113.jpg
    Brilliant Response.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add a line that new requests must include a joke.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I like my message better.
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you actually sent a friend request. People can tell when you click their profile?
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Don't assume all people who ask for a message with a friend request thinks their "all that". That's preposterous.

I do it because I want to know WHY someone wants to be a part of my life.. Because this lifestyle of eating right and exercising IS my life. I want to make sure people are serious about being supportive.. Not just to have me on their friends list. I also am looking for a good reason.. I support all of my friends, and it can be time consuming with many people to follow.

And believe it or not, 98% of the friend requests I get, I deny because they don't include a message. It's the first line of my friggin' profile, and if you didn't get that far, you're obviously not interested in me and my goals. :P
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Actually maybe they ARE all that!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you actually sent a friend request. People can tell when you click their profile?

I never sent a request to them and never intended to. It just peeves me that if look at their profile, they put a wall up instantly and assume you will make a friend request.
  • Banks01
    Options
    Haha. Just read some the profiles here. Too funny
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Haha. Just read some the profiles here. Too funny

I'm not ashamed. :P
  • Banks01
    Options
    Is that a tongue?

I don't think I've included a message in more than 10 requests. You never know who might be a good fit.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I used to be annoyed by it too. Until I got a few 'friends' trying to sell me shakeology or whatever other wares they are peddling. I still add everyone and if i have to delete you. Oh well.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I understand both parts to this. I can understand not wanting anymore friend requests but I do think it's odd when people say they want a message on why you are adding them.. duh for support!!!

yeah not all FR are for support...just saying. I have gotten them with the note...nice rack. So yeah no one should assume anything on here!

as to the OP no one assumes we are all that as you put it but I like to know is someone is a friend of someone I know or whatever. I include a note and I think it is polite to do the same. It also allows me to see what kind of personality they have and if they will mesh with me and my friends on here.
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    I know for me? i'm not a show pony. I'm serious about my fitness and I expect my friends to be too (along with the sarcastic hilarious entertainment of course). I'm not some trophy to collect and not interact with. I try damn hard to interact with all of my friends because to me, they are family and I expect nothing less than the same from them. There are PLENTY of people on here, male and female, who are just "friend" collectors *cough cough Mirena cough cough* that i've had to block because they send request after request but have no interest in interacting. It's all about personal preference.

Do I think i'm all that? No, but i'm certainly trying to get there. And if you can't take the time to tell me how you found me or why you think we'd be a good match as friends? I have no time for you. Call me a betch, I don't care.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I know for me? i'm not a show pony. I'm serious about my fitness and I expect my friends to be too (along with the sarcastic hilarious entertainment of course). I'm not some trophy to collect and not interact with. I try damn hard to interact with all of my friends because to me, they are family and I expect nothing less than the same from them. There are PLENTY of people on here, male and female, who are just "friend" collectors *cough cough Mirena cough cough* that i've had to block because they send request after request but have no interest in interacting. It's all about personal preference.

Do I think i'm all that? No, but i'm certainly trying to get there. And if you can't take the time to tell me how you found me or why you think we'd be a good match as friends? I have no time for you. Call me a betch, I don't care.

:bigsmile:
    I think this is why we are friends!
    :flowerforyou:
  • MissbusyLizzie
    MissbusyLizzie Posts: 326 Member
    Options

I AM a show pony. And I AM all that! So therefore, I require a message and application for friend requests. From there I go into the interviewing process. bahaha If you know me that is the exact opposite of how I am. But I find those who are willing to write a message with a friend request are the most supportive.

And you said to call you a betch, so I will... BETCH! hahah <3

No, but seriously. People have their opinions and do whatever you want. Let people do whatever they want. If it isn't hurting you, don't start drama and STFU! haha :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I don't have any interest in being collected by friend collectors.

THIS.

And I just assume that if you didn't include a note, you didn't read my profile, which means you have no interest in what my goals are, anything about me, etc.
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options

I AM a show pony. And I AM all that! So therefore, I require a message and application for friend requests. From there I go into the interviewing process. bahaha If you know me that is the exact opposite of how I am. But I find those who are willing to write a message with a friend request are the most supportive.

And you said to call you a betch, so I will... BETCH! hahah <3

No, but seriously. People have their opinions and do whatever you want. Let people do whatever they want. If it isn't hurting you, don't start drama and STFU! haha :)

STFU BETCH :laugh:

you're the best friend a girl could have! :flowerforyou:

ROCKETSGIRL75: We are friends for many reasons, i'm just happy that it started with hot fireman..it started it all off right :laugh:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    im all that for sure... Lol. No like has been said you dont just want to be collected i like to interact with all of my friends and usually those who add a message will interact. I mean its not like you have to write an essay a simple sentance will do
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I add people for different reasons. Granted most of the friends on my list are women, but still. Anyway one thing is I am supoprtive of all my friends, some of which have already replied to this thread and love the answers. I get excited if I have a friend request. I accept all. However if you don't interact with me or don't log in after a month, you get cut. Everyone deserves a chance in my book. I just don't understand the people that delete you when you support them and have actual conversations, that blows my mind.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    There is a whole lot of crazy in this site. And I mean clinically. And when I say a lot, I mean A LOT! Maybe not diagnosed, possibly not treated. It may not be a perfect or accurate way to screen potential stalkers and zombies and such, but it's caught a few. I am supportive and encouraging to my MFPeeps and expect the same from them. We are all from wildly different backgrounds and political alignment, but we all share a common bond. To achieve/maintain a healthy lifestyle. If you are of like mind, I encourage friend requests, but be advised that I expect as much as I can give. We all have lives we are trying to live and we may not be "All That" but ALL of the people on my friends are at LEAST, "SOME OF THAT"

Being serious makes my butt itch.