The Diamond Challenge - Shining Diamonds (Wk 3: Round 5)

Options

Replies

• nafroese
    nafroese Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY.........TUESDAY...............SEPT 6TH

What is your most favorite part/aspect of your body? I don't want to hear any complaints, or this could be smaller, better, tighter. I want to know ONE thing you love about your body.

My favorite part of my body is my booty. I don't want to lose any of it! haha

My favorite part of my body right now is my shoulders. you can see the definition and I like to think they are quite shapely in a good way right now!! :) great question! love it!
  • nafroese
    Options
    Hi I'm new not sure if I'm posting in the right place so let me know if I'm not!

I'm looking forward to joining you all :)
    Welcome to the challenge!!
  • nafroese
    Options
    do i do that to both the front and back IMG?
  • emi_esp
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday - I honestly can't pick out a single body part :/ I looked in the full-length mirror to see if I could isolate one area but...to no avail. I suppose I could say I like my body proportions, that I'm smaller in the middle and not too big top or bottom. I also like that I'm starting to become more muscular :) Overall, I like my body :P
  • Jycooper
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY.........TUESDAY...............SEPT 6TH

What is your most favorite part/aspect of your body? I don't want to hear any complaints, or this could be smaller, better, tighter. I want to know ONE thing you love about your body.

I would have to say my ears. The only part of my body I would not want to change.
  • mom715of2
    Options
    ummm... well for the qotd... I would say my curves!! and my eyes!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    do i do that to both the front and back IMG?

and at the back (without the space... had to do that so it shows up) :smile:

WELCOME Clare! :flowerforyou:
  • Rubyjjones
    Options

My answer: I love my super curvy shape!

My Response:
    My favorite part of my body is my feet :)
  • ShiningDiamonds
    Options
    Just wanted to remind you who is responsible for the QOTD:

For this week, our QOTD will be posted as follows:

Wednesday - Chari
    Thursday - Emily
    Friday - Gemma

I would like to ask that you post the QOTD as early as possible - I understand some of us are in different time zones; however, the sooner the QOTD is posted the more likely everyone will be able to respond :wink:

We also have a new Purple Diamond - please welcome Sulei!!!

Updated buddy list:

6124068038_b34af9d21b_z.jpg
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm super excited to b part of this challenge!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm super excited to b part of this challenge!

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • msmith5251s
    Options
    QOTD SEPT6:
    What is your most favorite part/aspect of your body?

My eyes. :] I love my beautiful blue eyes.
    Okay okay, I guess I like my butt too... it is big, but it is sexy. ;]
  • psychofied
    Options
    Here's QOTD for September 7:

Have you ever thought of giving up of this weight loss journey just because you want to go back to your old ways? What keeps you for doing so?
  • ShiningDiamonds
    Options

Have you ever thought of giving up of this weight loss journey just because you want to go back to your old ways? What keeps you for doing so?

I have thought about giving up - not to go back to my old ways, but it's because I have not found what is going to work for me in terms of actually losing some weight. I have basically maintained within a 2-3 lbs since June 8th and it is driving me insane :noway: . What keeps from giving up is knowing that as long as I can maintain it, I will be fine and I'm hoping to eventually find the right combination to start losing :wink:
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

No I havent, I have noticed when I have a little extra something now, or something sweet it doesnt settle well for me. Also my son he keeps me going by telling me I am still fat but not as fat as I was, (leave it to s 7 year old).
  • emi_esp
    Options

I think that in the earlier stages of trying to lose weight, I may have thought about it sometimes but less now. And once that thought enters my head and I act on it, I usually feel remorse later and get back on the horse. Also I dont feel tempted to go back because eating healthy and exercising regular make me feel good :D

QOTD September 8th!:

Do your friends or family know that you're trying to lose weight? If they do, are they supportive or not? Do they have mixed feelings?

I personally don't talk about it much with my friends. I have a small group of friends who know that I'm trying to lose weight, but in the past few years I have TRIED quite a few times :) So they might not take me that seriously, though they have noticed that I've lose weight this year. My close family knows, but I only really talk about it with my mom...sometimes my dad. My mom also joined MFP, but I don't think she's seriously interested in losing weight lol
  • Jycooper
    Options

Since I started in July 2011 I have not wanted to give up. However I have tried for years, since I had my first son to lose weight however I could never stick w/ it. What keeps me motivated now is my kids, my healthy and also I'm curious to know what I will look like at my final weight which is 140. I have not been this weight since high school.
  • Jycooper
    Options
    Just saw this one:
    QOTD September 8th!:

Do your friends or family know that you're trying to lose weight? If they do, are they supportive or not? Do they have mixed feelings?

yes, just about everyone I know, knows that I'm trying to lose weight. I have not rec'd any negative feed back however I dont know if I could say I have support. I started the MFP journey w/ my sister. She introduced me to it. I was the one that was resistant in the begin w/ starting and she was all for it. She did not stick w/ it. My husband is not over weight at all and has never been. He can eat what ever he likes and gain no weight. This what I believe contributed to my weight gain when we married. His unhealthy eating habits grew on me. However since started on MFP I have really started to what what I eat and eat better. He does not eat what I eat and continues to buy junk food and other unhealthy items however I can say that this time around I have not been affected/gave in. He likes the progress, he has commented several times on my weight loss however he just doesnt understand what its like to really what/have to lose weight.
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I must have missed yesterdays so QOTD Sept7th:

I have never really but I do sabotage my own efforts every now and especially when I start getting a bit to comfortable at a weight so I have to snap myself out of it!

QOTD Sept 8th:

My family know I'm trying to be healthier and I've had kind of had a mixed reaction to it. My side of the family are very supportive but my fiance has been very insecure about the whole thing he is currently classed as morbidly obese and I think me losing weight is pointing out his faults even though I have never pressured him to change as I know if anyone had tried to do that to me I wouldn't of. He's being a bit more supporting lately as I think he's finally realised no matter how many times he tries to feed me junk I'm not giving up. He is still scared I'm going to run away though.
  • ShiningDiamonds
    Options
    QOTD September 8th!:

Yes most of my friends/family know. My husband tries to be supportive most of the time, but there are times he has no say...LOL!!!