do you log every single food you eat?

Options

Replies

• ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    yeah just don't eat those little bites lol they add up fast...like you wouldn't believe.
  • MissyMonique
    Options
    Yes log it all, even the water you drink!
  • dolphin9803
    Options
    I do the reverse. I eat every single food I log. I plan/log everything before I eat it. Sometimes plans change, but I almost always change the log first before I eat differently from what I had planned. This is a huge help to me in staying on track.

I do the same thing it helps me keep on track since I don't have the at home support I need to do this :}
  • cownancy
    Options
    I do my best to log everything. Like someone before me said, sometimes I just don't eat something if it's more trouble to log it than it's worth. If I am in a hurry, I will find something that is close and then err on the side of caution. Logging deters you from eating certain things and it gives you a reference on what you really do put in your mouth.

Also, I have established nutritional goals and I like to make sure that I am hitting them. One of the few things that I kept from Weight Watchers is the old BLTS: bites, licks and tastes. They add up quickly if you consider how many foods have tremendous carbs, calories, fat, sodium and/or sugar for just ONE single tablespoon.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    I log every single thing I eat or drink except the occasional french fry (one fry) that I steal from my bf. To me it's pointless to leave things out of my logs and count incorrectly. Then wonder "I'm staying under my calories but not losing weight what am I doing wrong :::shrug:::" and LIE to myself.

OR another popular thing I see happening is... logging a chore that one would do on a daily regular basis. For me that would include laundry, cooking, prepping food, vacuuming, washing dishes just so they can log that little bit of extra food consumed and "be under".

It's pointless to LIE to oneself to make it seem like they are doing the right thing. It's important for me to use the tools such as the diary & exercise log correctly to see effective results.

:drinker:
  • whatwentwrong
    Options
    mostly! if i eat like, 1 almond then i'm not gonna go to the trouble of figuring out the percentage of a serving size for like 5 calories. but if i eat a piece of gum or anything else small with with carbs, i log it. i even started logging my pills, but mostly to just remind me to take them :)
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Yup, I even log the one square of chocolate I usually have after my dinner. All 47 calories of it. I don't tend to pick at things though so I don't really find it tedious to log everything.

There are some things I'm pretty relaxed about when it comes to weighing though. If I'm a couple of grams over on chicken or potatoes then I don't worry about it, I'll log it as the 200g or 100g or whatever rather than fart about trying to get it to the exact weight or figuring out the extra calories etc.
  • nattiepeach
    nattiepeach Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I log everything except salad greens :) they're my little freebie
  • evelyngrice
    evelyngrice Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yes! All the time!
    If you start to have a cheeky biscuit here and there, and don't log it then you are lying to yourself, and you will not be getting an accurate reading on MFP.

Always Log! x
  • corinaspaiuc
    Options
    "licked the jam spoon in the data base":))that's funny
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The only thing i don't log is cups of coffee since I drink it black with no sugar most of the time (i like it...lol) but everything else I log as accurately as i can!
  • vizamy
    vizamy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I log everything because:

1. It adds up
    2. I think, "Is eating that worth the effort of going and logging it in?" If I really want it, yes. If I'm only looking at it because it's there and eating is a habit, then I won't eat it.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Yes. Unless I forget.
  • I log everything, no matter how trivial it may seem. I take 3 TUMS each day for the calcium and even log those to keep track of those 15 calories.
  • NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    If you bite it, write it!!!
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    How about exercise? There has been a lot of chat about people logging cleaning and stuff... I'm kind of in two minds, if I was going to log cleaning it'll be because I did a top to bottom of the bathroom or something. Not something that I would do every day. There are other things that I do, I'm sure they add up but I just don't record all of it because there is no way of accurately knowing what calories I've burned.
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I had to quit getting chip or two from people who were eating around me becuase I was tired of logging it
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I also log every single think I put in my mouth... including my vitamin supplement which also have calories. Some people may not have to, but for me, it's a way to keep track. Little things add up quicker than you think they do!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    absolutely!! keeps me honest!!
  • moneybee95
    moneybee95 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yepp, it keeps me thinking what i REALLY wanna eat, so i know its worth having to add it :P