September Weight Loss Challenge (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• aprilshowers13
    Options
    Starting weight for September 166.4lb
    This week's weigh in: I'll weigh in on Friday
    Your goal for September: at least 6lbs
    Total Loss so far in September: 0
    How you are doing on your personal goal: My personal goal was to stay consistant with tracking food and weight training. So far so good.
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    Starting weight for September 243.9
    This week's weigh in 242.2 :love:
    Your goal for September 239
    Total Loss so far in September (-1.7)
    How you are doing on your personal goal- eating low glycemic was not as challenging as I had envisioned. I haven't been doing it 100%, but I'm working on it!
    Any comments you'd like to make ....
    I'm really hoping to bust through the 240s this month. I've been stuck here since... ugh JULY. :explode: :explode: I had great success at first and I'm looking to get back to the sweet spot of weight loss I had going.

simplysara- you're right, unless you're literally SHOVELING IT IN, there's no way you gained 6 lbs in a week. that would be an insane amount of food. GL, be patient, it will come off.
    vegangal84- I did the same thing with my diary. I will likely open it back up, but some days my meal plans are just not "ideal" and I'd rather just keep it all private for now.
    aset132- I've never dealt with quitting, but keep supportive people around you ::cough:: MFP ::cough:: and you'll do it :):) you've already admitted it scares you, and that's the hardest part!
    myiceisonfire- I'M IN PLATEAU-VILLE TOO!!!! I feel your pain. I've bounced between 242.2 (my lowest today) and 248 SINCE JULY. lose,gain,lose,gain,lose,gain. I'm going to start circuit training and see if that does the trick :) GL
    peanut228- chug chug chug :):) great job with the workouts, I could use some of your commitment :)
    Keiora- LOVE IT. keep it simple. I'm going back to basics myself :)
    prettytoxic- you're not the only one. Take it one day at a time. Rome wasn't built in a day ;)
    mandi- i got your friend req, thanks :):):)

This is as far as I've gotten in replies, it's a busy day at work !!! lots of love to you all, I'll be back with more comments later :)
    xoxo:flowerforyou:
  • leahdanbury
    leahdanbury Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September 188
    This week's weigh in 186.4
    Your goal for September 182
    Total Loss so far in September 1.6
    How you are doing on your personal goal: not well at all! i still step on that darn scale everyday! i think i'm gonna hide it and only weigh in on fridays....anyone have any tips on how they broke the weighing every day habit??
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT IS 159 SO I HAVE NOT GAINED BUT NO LOSS EITHER. KEEP UP ALL THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!!!!! HOPEFULLY I WILL BEAT THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE 2.
  • dara516
    Options
    Starting weight for September 171lb
    This week's weigh in: I'll weigh in on Saturday
    Your goal for September: 7-10lbs
    How you are doing on your personal goal: My goal is to weigh in once a week-I'm already failing:noway:
  • louisvillelady
    louisvillelady Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September 272
    This week's weigh in 271
    Your goal for September: Lose 20 pounds
    Total Loss so far in September: 1 pounds
    How you are doing on your personal goal: Have had some ups and downs on being positive so of course theres always room for improvement .
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September - 111 lbs (as of 09/01/11)
    This week's weigh in - xxx (I'll weigh in tomorrow 9/08/11)
    Your goal for September - go down at least 5 lbs (baby steps :-)
    Total Loss so far in September - xxxx
    How you are doing on your personal goal - so far so good. I am sticking with my ideal calories...trying to do JM NMTZ twice or three times per week and still keeping my gym class twice a week.
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September - 111 lbs (as of 09/01/11)
    This week's weigh in - 110.4 (as of 9/08/11)
    Your goal for September - go down at least 5 lbs (baby steps :-)
    Total Loss so far in September - 0.6
    How you are doing on your personal goal - so far so good. I am sticking with my ideal calories...trying to do JM NMTZ twice or three times per week and still keeping my gym class twice a week.
  • MoDear
    MoDear Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September 170 (September 1st)
    This week's weigh in: 167.2
    Your goal for September: 165
    Total Loss so far in September: -2.8
    How you are doing on your personal goal? I've neglected my personal goal a few times this week. I'll get back on track today.
  • project150
    Options
    Starting weight for September: 178.8 pounds (September 3)
    This week's weigh in: 172.8 pounds (I weigh in Thursdays)
    Your goal for September: 170 pounds
    Total Loss so far in September: 6 pounds
    How you are doing on your personal goal: I just finished doing a 3-day detox and worked for me! I change my work out daily and zigzag my calorie budget.
    Any comments you'd like to make: Never give up! :) Best of luck everyone!!!
  • lolomichelle13
    lolomichelle13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September: 165
    This week's weigh in: 164
    Your goal for September: 160
    Total Loss so far in September: 1 lb!
    How you are doing on your personal goal: I am keeping up! Getting the water in and have been either roller blading or getting 2 mile + walks in.
  • prettytoxic
    prettytoxic Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September: 180.2
    This week's weigh in: 182
    Your goal for September: 170
    Total Loss so far in September: Technically none but I've lost 2lbs since my last weigh in.
    How you are doing on your personal goal: Very slow progress.
    Any comments you'd like to make: Work is screwing me over by giving me bigger all hours, it's hurting my cash flow but allowing me to be in the gym everyday [except weekends, I work out at home on weekends]
  • laurenmXD
    laurenmXD Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September 190
    This week's weigh in 185 (lost 1lb)
    Your goal for September 178
    Total Loss so far in September 5 lb
    How you are doing on your personal goal : im starting to think that i was thinking big when i said i wanted to get down to 178lbs by end of september although i will give it ago.
    Also pretty dissapointed with only loosing 1lb this week when i have done really well. although it is that time of the month so maybe that effected me, i dunno.

Well done everyone :)
  • teemack27
    Options
    Starting weight for September = 156.0
    This week's weigh in = 154.8
    Your goal for September = 152
    Total Loss so far in September = 1.2
    How you are doing on your personal goal = Very good!
    Any comments you'd like to make = Good luck to all!
  • FoxWilkinson
    FoxWilkinson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September = 161.2
    This week's weigh in = 160
    Your goal for September = 150
    Total Loss so far in September = 1.2 Now....
    How you are doing on your personal goal = Crappy since my boyfriend got out of school and I started again. I feel really self conscious if I workout around him, and I can only go to the gym Tues/Thurs/Sun. I might have to get my gym membership changed to go everyday again, but the money is an issue.
    Any comments you'd like to make = After yesterday's grease binge... I feel sick and angry at myself. I might just have been having one of those fat days (we all have them) and I'm sure I'll get over it. I haven't been able to get groceries for awhile, so my diet consists of Mr. Noodles and sandwiches at school.

But fashion school is going great!! :)
  • Yvette2u
    Yvette2u Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sept SW = 246.9
    This weeks CW = 244.0
    Sept weight loss = 2.9lbs
    Sept GW = 236.9

Personal Goal = To drink 8 glasses of water daily. This week it did not happen, but I am at least 6 glasses a day.

This being my first week tracking and eating better, I had hoped for a bigger loss but darn TOM had to come yesterday and screw me all up!! Shouldn't your first weeks weight loss be high? And I am using the WW scale I bought at Costco but I am not that happy with it, it will give me a different weight literally if I weigh myself 2 min later. Any recommendations on scales??
  • Theselast50lbs
    Options
    Hello Guys!!!

Sept SW: 214
    CW 210
    Sept weight loss= 4lbs
    Sept GW: 199

Personal Goal- to work out at least 5x a week!, and to "conquer the weekend" by logging in to MFP and counting calories!
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    Starting weight for September 166.4lb
    This week's weigh in: 166.4 :( NO loss yet
    Your goal for September: at least 6lbs
    How you are doing on your personal goal: My personal goal was to stay consistant with tracking food and weight training. So far so good.
  • abertawe2
    Options
    SW from today: 146 (31/08/11)
    GW this month : 142
    wk 1: stayed the same this is the second week in a row I have not lost anything but at least I haven't gained so onwards I go :smile:
    Self Challenge: work out 4/5 days a week and buy some new clothes :)
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    Sept SW = 246.9
    This weeks CW = 244.0
    Sept weight loss = 2.9lbs
    Sept GW = 236.9

Personal Goal = To drink 8 glasses of water daily. This week it did not happen, but I am at least 6 glasses a day.

This being my first week tracking and eating better, I had hoped for a bigger loss but darn TOM had to come yesterday and screw me all up!! Shouldn't your first weeks weight loss be high? And I am using the WW scale I bought at Costco but I am not that happy with it, it will give me a different weight literally if I weigh myself 2 min later. Any recommendations on scales??

2.9lbs is good! Some bodies take time to adjust to change.