Healthy for the Holidays Challenge - 9/06 - 11/22

Options

Replies

• MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    hi guys,

thank you Helen for the awesome chart!

I think my trigger foods are ice cream and anything with carbs. I tend to get really bloated when I eat alot of carbs, so keeping low carbs like 100 or so works for me. What helps me is to buy the ice cream that are already portioned out like a mini bar, so I only eat that. I had a nice day at church today then to visit my mom.

Tomorrow the plan is to kick it hard with my workouts and get my momentum but, which I had lost with 3 days of exercise resting. But....I've been eating on track, and hoping for a good loss this week.

Have a great day, all!
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Sounds like lots of people have honed in on their trigger foods and are working towards managing them. Nice work ladies. I have managed to be beer-free Mon-today. Will probably have one tonite, as my hubby's uncle mailed him a clone homebrew of one of our faves. But I'm gonna keep it in check and stop with just that one.

Remember to be fitting in little extra bits of exercise each day to keep your metabolism up. You'll be amazed at how the little extra burn can make a big difference over time. My extra today will be pulling my daughter in the stroller at the pumpkin patch!
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My trigger food is PASTA. My goal this week is to only eat PASTA 1 or 2 times instead of 5 or 6. I have not been doing much in the way of exercise over the past 5 weeks. My goal this week is to start tomorrow (Sunday) and exercise at least 30 minutes everyday. It was so nice here in Indiana today so it has put me in the mood to start exercising again. I guess you can say I have taken a little (5 week) break. Each week over the past 5 when I weigh in I have either gained a little or lost a little but nothing BIG so hopefully my little break will pay off and I can start fresh tomorrow. Have a great week everyone.
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've had a rough weekend. I have been feeling very hungry and yesterday I picked. I think my trigger foods were all calling. I did lot it and I will move on today. Going to my strength training class this morning.
    Have a good day!
  • hopelyss
    hopelyss Posts: 145
    Options
    Okay, well it's the end of the week. I never posted my trigger food, so I will now. I don't have just one trigger food. I have a whole plethora, from pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches to Mama's cooking. I slave everyday trying not to overindulge. Luckily my mama lives an hour and a half away, so I don't have to worry about her food unless I'm there. This week has been really rough for me. It was homecoming week at school as well as the last week before fall break, plus my college classes started back up. I didn't plan like I was suppose to. I had the new personal pan pizza at school on Thursday. My parents came into town that night, and we went out to eat at Chili's where I had the loaded potato soup (another trigger) and a shrimp taco. I took those leftovers for lunch on Friday. Went to a reunion on Saturday (trigger foods galore!). And ended the week at the GA National Fair yesterday (pizza again along with real coke and a candy apple). So needless-to-say, I also had an epic fail this week! I'm leaving for a trip with my daughters to North Carolina tomorrow. It'll just be me and my girls, so I'll do some better managing my food. And I plan on doing some hiking along with my regular exercise routine.

Through it all though I still managed to lose another pound! I'm weighing in today because I'll be out of town tomorrow. So my results now look like this:

SW: 186.6
    Week 1: 183.6
    Week 2: 180.2
    Week 3: 179.4
    Week 4: 178.6
    Week 5: 177.0
    Week 6: 176.0
    GW: 171

All I can say is "Thank God for my increased metabolism with my weight training!"
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    So after that first night, I did really well avoiding my trigger foods. I didn't eat out much this week, which definitely helps. I've completely fallen off the exercise wagon for about the last month. I've been really busy at work, and I let that take over for a while. On my days off, I just felt like I deserved to relax, and I didn't want to go to the gym. From what I hear, the work rotation I start tomorrow is much lighter, so I should be able to get some exercise in. I'm looking forward to it. I like feeling stronger, and I like that I get to eat more when I exercise.:tongue: In all seriousness, though, it just means that I'm managing my life a little bit better and fitting everything in. These past four weeks have really worn me down and I'm looking forward to moving on.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I just took all my fat clothes to St. Vinnie's after clearing out my closet. I'm NEVER going back to those sizes, and I now know how to stay out of them.

I was hoping to break into the 140's this week, but I don't think it's gonna happen. We'll see tomorrow morning.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing a wonderful job this week ! Good luck to everyone with the weigh in tomorrow !
    I will post the challenges for this week tomorrow morning !
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I had a better day today...after a very rough weekend. My body just feels so out of sync. I felt extremely tired and very hungry most of the time. I think I am getting a period after almost 6 months of no periods (I am 55 and ready for it to stop) and I feel like the Pillsbury Doughboy. I am nervous about the weigh in in the morning but I will do it and keep going. Hopefully my body will do what it needs to do.
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing a wonderful job this week ! Good luck to everyone with the weigh in tomorrow !
    I will post the challenges for this week tomorrow morning !
    so glad you remembered, because as I was about to check the post I realized that I hadn't looked to see who it was or sent a reminder. Gotta get my head in the game! Looking forward to your challenge
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It's that time of the week... Here goes:

SW: 135.0
    Week 1: 136.5
    Week 2: 134.0
    Week 3: 132.5
    Week 4: 134.0
    Week 5: 131.5
    Week 6: 130.0

GW: 129

I will most certainly take a 1.5 lb loss. I hope it doesn't catch up to me this week, now that I'm no longer crazily running around a huge hospital every day. Good luck to everyone today!
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    1lb loss this week.

SW: 205
    Week 1: 201
    Week 2: 200
    Week 3: 197
    Week 4: 196
    Week 5: 194
    Week 6: 193

GW: 190

Weekly Challenges
    Food- Trigger food was Mc Donalds. I did have it one day but I got a low cal breakfast.
    Excercise- I started the 30 day shred. Woot! Woot!
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

Last week: 146.8
    This week: 145.4 Down 1.4 pounds

Good luck everyone!!!
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    SW MFP JUNE 21ST - 208 LBS
    SW CHALLENGE - 189.2 LBS
    1ST WEEK - 188.8 LBS
    2ND WEEK - 184.8 LBS
    3RD WEEK - 186.8 LBS
    4TH WEEK - 183.6 LBS
    5TH WEEK - 184.8 LBS
    6TH WEEK - 180.8 LBS

GW CHALLENGE - 175 LBS
    GW MFP - 137 LBS

I am so happy with my loss this week. I think I am FINALLY done with the YoYo thing I have been doing for the last few weeks. I have to keep focused - one day at a time - one meal at a time. Have a great week everyone.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same this week at 186.0!

For this weeks challenges
    Exercise at least 45 minutes 6 days a week and drink at least 10 cups of water every day . Water is something i have a problem with at times but im going to push myself to drink it this week !
    Also share your weight loss journey also how far you have come .
    I will start with my journey .
    I seen pictures of myself and my neices at christmas of last year and i was not happy at all . I descided then that i had to do something and had descided that this year 2011 was going to be to take care of myself . A friend of mine told me the middle of January about myfitnesspal she was like its free and she was joining also . So here i am and i am 50 pounds lighter and feel so much better so much happier . I have quite a ways to go but i am excited to be on this journey !
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    157. Not good.

Okay so my weight keeps going up, last week was awful so I can't say I'm the least bit surprised. I would say that from tues-fri, despite my best intentions at the start of each day, I gave in to our catered meals at work and was probably averaging eating about 3000 calories a day if not more. I tried to get back on track starting saturday, but I was so starving all day! It was like starting this whole thing over again! I'm finding now that I'm having to slowly take my calories back down so my body can get used to it again. Saturday was about 2400, Sunday around 2000 and yesterday around 1800. I'm hoping today and I can pretty close to what I'm supposed to have (1300) and I'm also really trying to stick with good choices even though I'm going over.

Great week for these challenges! I definately need the push. I will come back and share my weight loss story later tonight. I know we've had that brought up several times in past challenges, but I've never actually shared mine. Maybe that will help me get re-focused!

Congrats to everyone else who is doing so well!
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

CW: 175.4 down almost .6 lb.
    Trigger foods: I stayed away from my sweets for most of the week. Saturday we ate two meals at church and they had some sinful desserts that I couldn't avoid completely. I did have a chocolate chip cookie for lunch and a couple creamy chocolaty desserts for dinner. A few months ago I would have had a piece of everything.:laugh:
    Exercise: I tried to take the stairs a couple times at work throughout the week but that was forgotten by Wednesday. I did start the C25K program though and I'm really excited to be doing that. I've never thought of myself as a runner but I think I can actually do this.

Opal
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    SW - 175.4
    CW - 167.7 :drinker: (I really wanted a dancing smiley!)
    GW - 165.0

I got my wish this week - into the 160's!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    hi all,

I'm happy to say I did really well last week.

My previous weight was 188.4,
    and this week I weighed in at: 185.4

Woot, woot! so excited. cheers to a new week and staying focused, just looking at the goal and we can do this guys!
  • Michelle228
    Michelle228 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well I'm a little bummed this week was hoping to see under 300 for the first time in a few years but I gained 2 lbs putting me at 304. This means i need to work extra hard this week and loss double the weight loss I know I can do this !