Healthy for the Holidays Challenge - 9/06 - 11/22

Options

Replies

• oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Either my scale is on the fritz (battery) or I had a GIANORMOUS weekend of calorie consumption!! Oy...
    The scale is reading 195...but that just doesn't seem possible to me...

ANYWAY...I have a 'new' challenge for myself...I'm going to TRY to not step on the scale this coming week, at all...
    This is huge...I'm a multiple times a day weigher. BUT, I am fighting my way back, I've eaten well today, and even did a mini Olivia's Strength Circuit workout (I could only last through one circuit before I about died...but, at least I did SOMETHING) I literally haven't exercised in about 2 months.)

I made a pork tenderloin over the weekend, and sliced up some sweet potatoes, tossed them in EVOO, salt & pepper and cooked them with the roast....OH MY GOSH, they were so good!!! Beautifully caramelized. So I bought four more pounds of them and I'm going to make a whole roasting pan of just sweet potatoes! They are my favorite fall food :heart:

I'd like to give a special shout out to Michelle...CONGRATS!!! So proud of you, keep up the great work!!!

Have a wonderful week!

JM watch out, cause Olivia's got circuit training to offer too and she also almost kills people! LOL :laugh:
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Helen...
    Thank you for the chart.
    Michelle....great job in breaking into a new set of numbers!!

Two more weeks (I thought we had three...where does the time go??)... I think shaking it up is helping me this week. I am doing the first cycle of the 17 day diet and the first couple of days were rough but now I am feeling better and seeing the numbers move really helps.

So glad for the challenges this week too. I just walked around our mall...through all three floors for a bit of exercise this morning and hopefully I'll get to the gym this afternoon!!

Sally
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    crap my signature is how I kept track of my weight...
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    crap my signature is how I kept track of my weight...

Go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/387496-missing-signature-and-ticker?page=7
    You can at the very least retrieve what was on there. I haven't read the whole thread, I'm sure there's more detail as to what's up.
  • oliviawink
    Options
    hope everyone's holding tight for the weekend. I'm doing my best: I took a big run earlier today before going our for a decadent dinner with my hubby at one of the high end restaurants in boulder - which we NEVER do. I'm going to live it up! Because I have an ultimate frisbee tourney this weekend, so I'll be running my butt off on Sunday.

Enjoy your weekend, but also stay true to your fitness goals!
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed your dinner Olivia! You've got to live it up sometimes.

Well I completely missed exercising on thursday and friday because I was so exhauted from work, but I got back at it today with a big workout. I'm also going to make a sweet potato soup today. We'll see how it goes, I'm still on the fence about whether or not I like sweet potatos. I enjoy sweet potato fries, but I think I'm permanently scarred from that horrid sweet potato marshmellow crap people serve at thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure that is the only thing my gradma ever cooked that I directly spit out. What a mean thing to do to a kid to tell them it was potatos and not warn them it was some wierd funky sweet thing.....sorry off on a random rant :smile:

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has had a great week!
    Mine has been pretty good, and I'm hoping to keep up the discipline through the weekend, which will be challenging.
    The boyfriend is off, too, and that usually involves eating out. But I'm trying to tackle my weekend like I do my work days, so we'll see how successful that is!

Have a fabulous weekend, Ladies!!!
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I too hate "Sweet potato marshmallow crap" @emariec78. I eat sweet potatoes, but have yet to find the right topping. I've tried salsa, butter, ranch and the list goes on. In the south they are served table side with lots of sugar, cinnamon, and butter. If you happen upon a great topping please share.

Steph
  • emariec78
    Options
    Quiet around here this weekend! So I have to say the sweet potato soup turned out soooo good! I also learned some interesting things about sweet potatos as once I started peeling them I was quite surprised the see they were white! From what I read the white variety are actually the more commonly used throughout the world with the orange ones primarily being popular in the US. Nutritionally the white ones have less beta carotene, hence why they are not orange. I was also curious as to why they are "better", something I hear thrown around a lot that makes me feel less guilty when I order sweet potato fries :smile: So I looked up the nutrition and they are basically the same calories, fat, and all the basics but sweet potatos have more vitamin A and C. On the flip side white potatos have more iron. So guess what that means is which is "better" probably depends on your own nutritional goals. At any rate, here's a link to a good summary article with references.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/403897-potato-vs-sweet-potato-nutrition/
  • oliviawink
    Options
    great research Ellen. Always love random fact! I bought white ones this weekend (sweet potatoes) instead of the usual oranges ones I get (yams) to change it up a little. Guess that was a good move for me as Iron is something I really have to watch to get into my diet.

Sadly, my ultimate frisbee season is over. Played the final tourney of the season yesterday and had so much fun (no we did not win!) even though the wind was blowing hard enough to loft a small dog. Now I have to find other great ways to get in my big burns on the weekends. I know there are ways, but none of them as are fun as running around chasing a plastic disc with and against my friends.

I was pretty "bad" this weekend and I can really feel it. I feel really bloated. I'm really going to push myself this week to get it together. That Friday night out really turned into doing whatever I wanted with my weekend, food wise. But the good thing I did was take a nice run on Friday afternoon. Did 3.25 miles in just under 30 mins. I was pretty happy about that - my speed really seems to be increasing.

Have a great week everyone!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It took a couple weeks but I undid the vacation damage!

Weigh in - 166.9
  • alacarte
    Options
    Checking in

Last week 144

This week 144

Again.....no change.

• alacarte
    Options
    Checking in

Last week 144

This week 144

Again.....no change.

• carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    SW MFP June 21st - 208 lbs
    SW Challenge - 189.2 lbs
    1st Week - 188.8 lbs
    2nd Week - 184.8 lbs
    3rd Week - 186.8 lbs
    4th Week - 183.6 lbs
    5th Week - 184.8 lbs
    6th Week - 180.8 lbs
    7th Week - 184 lbs
    8th Week - 184.2 lbs
    9th Week - 184.8 lbs
    10th Week - 182.8 lbs

GW Challenge - 175 lbs
    GW MFP - 137 lbs
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    9/06 SW: 198
    9/13: 198
    9/20: 199
    9/29: 198
    10/4: 198
    10/11: 197
    10/18: 197
    10/25: 199
    11/01: 199
    11/08: 199
    11/15: 197

11/22 GW: 185

Wk #10: 2lb Loss

Only 1 week remaining. ARGH!

But that means it's that time again to begin discussing the next challenge! When setting up this one we talked about doing the next to Xmas; but should we extend it to the end of the year? That gives us New Year's Eve to celebrate (:drinker: ..:drinker: ) before starting a new challenge on Jan. 1st. The next challenge could be Friday 11/25 thru Friday 11/30.

New Challenge name?? Of course, I'm pulling a complete blank. Maybe something on wrapping up 2011? Ending the year strong? It's too early for me to be creative.
  • emariec78
    Options
    Checking in at 155, no change.

I'm a bit bummed as I have to say I actually had one of the best eating weeks I've had a couple months this past week. I guess what that really means is I finally managed to eat badly enough to solidly put a couple pounds back on as I had been fluctuating between 153-155 through the weeks before. Its okay, I'm staying strong for the last week and I will finish with loss from my starting weight even if its just a little bit!

The next challenge would need to be set up in the groups, right? Isn't that what they're asking us to do? Also too early for me to think of a name but I'm in!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound this week to be checking in at 183.0 ! I am deffently excited about another challenge i love the challenges and they keep me motivated thats for sure !
  • oliviawink
    Options
    I'm still at 158, I think (scale says a bit higher but I feel so bloated, I'm staying with that). After I got huge compliments going into the weekend I let things get away from me. Oh well, life happens!

I am helping to moderate a group called "open forever support group", if anyone else would like to join. Of course I'm up for another challenge that we put together, but I think we should make it shorter, they seem to lose steam after about a month... Anyone else have thoughts on that?
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Checking in today at 170.6. That is over a pound loss since last week. Yay!! The bad news is that I'm down with the flu since Sunday and have not been able to exercise. Hoping to be back to normal by the end of the week so I won't have a gain next week.
  • Michelle228
    Michelle228 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Weighing in today :) . last week i finally got under 300 and was at 298. this week 296 !!!! so 2lbs lost !