Excess skin after 130 pounds lost....

Options
14567810»

Replies

• LuckyDucky73
    Options
    Bump for later ! Thanks for helpful information and exercises.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    bump
  • priscilla79
    Options
    Bump! :smile:
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    This is a really good article I found regarding loose skin after weight loss:

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

Basically he says that you need to use strength training to rebuild your muscles and then the body will get rid of the fat that is under the excess skin, which will in turn allow the skin to "shrink" back to normal.

This site is really interesting. Thanks for posting the link!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 183 pounds and the same have excess skin on my thighs, tummy and arms. I dont have a cure tho (unfortunately) I am the same as you not interested in surgery...while I get down about it at times...I think its not too bad considering i have lost 180+ pounds. I put that down to weight work , body weight work and also boxing classes :)
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    bump for later... Congrats on the weight loss! :happy:
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Rosegardenia
    Rosegardenia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump for later - thanks for the advice! I've been moisturising, body brushing and using home made coffee scrub (cup ground coffee, cup sugar, good dollop olive oil and couple of tbsp salt) no idea if it helps, but it is lovely to use - I've just started losing, so it'll be a while until I know if it is going to be an issue for me.
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss. Keep at it. You WILL find solutions that work for you.
  • SEC_RULES
    SEC_RULES Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    BUMP..... GREAT JOB!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!