Excess skin after 130 pounds lost....

Options

Replies

• plarcade
    plarcade Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100lbs and have saggy skin here and there. I plan on doing strength training to tone up, and see if it helps. If it doesn't....then....oh well? I'll be healthy. That was the whole point of this journey. Not to win swim suit competitions. Spending $22k to cut up my body just to LOOK GOOD? Wow. In 15 years, all of that is going to sag again. I mean...spend your money on what you want. It just seems a little superficial.
    Personally, I think he's entitled to spend his money on anything he likes.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100lbs and have saggy skin here and there. I plan on doing strength training to tone up, and see if it helps. If it doesn't....then....oh well? I'll be healthy. That was the whole point of this journey. Not to win swim suit competitions. Spending $22k to cut up my body just to LOOK GOOD? Wow. In 15 years, all of that is going to sag again. I mean...spend your money on what you want. It just seems a little superficial.

I didnt do it just to look good. I felt awful having huge flaps of skin all over my body. It was disgusting. Now I am comfortable taking my clothes off and looking in the mirror. To say that is superficial is a little moronic. I had about a 5 inch flap at my stomach as well as each breast. As any guy who has man boobs and every single one would tell you that they hate them. I hated how my body felt and now I love it. I would of paid double the price for them to "cut up my body".

I could not agree more... I have lost 305 lbs. (only 10-15 lbs. to go ) until I get scheduled for my Body Lift in June/July. This decision will be one of the easiest decision I have had to make. And the cost is not an issue, the issue lies in my self esteem and how I see myself when I look in the mirror. I have folds of skin around my midsection that no matter how hard I workout will not go away. It is very uncomfortable and hard to keep clean (have bouts with Cellulitis and other skin rashes). There is absolutely nothing superficial about this problem. I deserve to feel good after all the hard work I have done to save my own life.....
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Oh yeah and I forgot about the bad rashes and sores. Its all superficial though....
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump*
  • danielle1983cov
    Options
    Bump...

And massive congrats on your weight loss! Amazing!x
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beggaboo2000
    beggaboo2000 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    nice bump for later
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Sagging skin depends a lot on age. As we get older or for every year after the age of 30, your skin loses elasticity until it's all gone. Having multiple babies will also reduce the elasticity of your skin. This is the reason for wrinkled skin and the same reason why grandma's skin is droopy. The younger you are, the more elastic your skin will be. Ever heard the saying, "as smooth as a baby's bottom"? Since you are still in your twenties, then your skin will adhere back to your body the fastest. As an example, women who have had a baby take 2 full years for their skin to adhere back to there body but there are ways to speed up this process to make it doable in 8 months.

1) Cardio and eating foods that are good for the skin. The more cardio you do, the more blood that flows around your body replenishing your skin with nutrients.

2) Building muscles. The more muscle mass you have, the less gaps there are between your skin and body.

3) Vitamin E creams to help reduce stretch marks.

However, Moisturizing your skin is the least important. Cardio, muscle building, and eating the right nutrients are your best bet.

Foods that heal the skin.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/31759-foods-heal-skin/
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you can do to make a noticeable difference. Get plastic surgery. It's not that big a deal. The scars fade.
  • karaemoore
    karaemoore Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chefswife07
    chefswife07 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Bump.... love those exercise!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say congrats on your 130lb weight loss. That is definately inspirational! :)
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    i started at 424lbs, currently 322lbs with another 100+lbs to loose, i dont think any amount of water or strength training will help me "bounce back"

already i have saggy arms, thighs and tummy :S and im still majorly overweight!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    bump me too
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!