what do YOU do for a living?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Occupational therapist background with lots of years experience working with fancy technology for people with a disability.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I was a Police Officer for 9 1/2 years, now at the Fire Dept as a Captain in charge of Arson Investigations, and I get to fight fires too!

I want these jobs :)
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Assistant property valuer, casual chocolate shop girl, and full time uni student!
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    Rocket Scientist... of sorts (can't tell you everything) ;)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because I'm unemployed, but all these jobs sound interested, especially the investigator.. I'm so bored of not having a job. I was fortunate to be able to quit my work before and go back to school and how I'm in the search. Always getting the "your over qualified" You're under-qualified". or my favorite "you don't have enough experience". Duh, how do they expect one to get experience if they don't give you a chance.... I think it was a mistake to quit the work i was doing (retail) to go back to school..

When I got laid off, I was sending out over a hundred applications a day for months before I found something. Good luck to you!
  • brandi2258
    brandi2258 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm prepared for people not to like me on a daily basis....I'm an Assistant Manager at a Bank. I like it ok, but about to go back to school and get a degree for Accounting!

Fun topic btw! Interesting responses!!!
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Rocket Scientist... of sorts (can't tell you everything) ;)

Or you'd have to kill us?? :laugh:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because I'm unemployed, but all these jobs sound interested, especially the investigator.. I'm so bored of not having a job. I was fortunate to be able to quit my work before and go back to school and how I'm in the search. Always getting the "your over qualified" You're under-qualified". or my favorite "you don't have enough experience". Duh, how do they expect one to get experience if they don't give you a chance.... I think it was a mistake to quit the work i was doing (retail) to go back to school..

I hear ya. I didn't quit to go back to school, but quit to move to Italy with my then-boyfriend. I taught English to a couple little Italian kids and loved it.

Unemployed atm. Worked in the financial industry before that, in an Annuity call center. If anyone has a job opening, let me know. I'll move anywhere right now (as long as I can afford the plane ticket, of course!) :drinker:
  • Kambriasgranny
    Options
    I am an insurance agent and sit most of the day....I think of things to just get up and MOVE!! :laugh:
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Currently stay at home w/ 2 kiddos ! But my expertise is nursing (cardiac...after open heart surgery...step down unit) seeing what heart disease does made me want to get healthy!!!!!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Im a registered nurse and work in labor and delivery
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Corporate Meeting Planner
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Insurance Agent & volunteer Youth Advocate - retired model.
  • jesshall281
    Options
    I do sales/marketing/admin work for Pepsi/Dr Pepper

Unlimited free drinks..... :drinker: :happy:

Nice....but is it diet? lol
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i sweat for a living...steel worker.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options