A question for men...girls can give opinion too! :D

Options

Replies

• Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion, but maybe you are looking in the wrong places? I would assume that guys in bars or clubs (I don't know where you are getting this done to you, so sorry if I'm assuming wrong) are probably less concerned with a sweet personality and more concerned with body image because they are looking for a lay--what do they care if someone is snotty, they won't have to deal with them past breakfast the next day! On another note, the type of guys who would pass you up based on your weight aren't the quality guys you'd really want anyway!

P.s.--I get that you're angry but I've met plenty of skinny gals who are super sweet and bigger ladies who are b's!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    it sounds like to me that you are hanging around the places where boys hang out & not men.

yes there are the skinny lovers but real men love curves & shape & as I call, juicyness :P

I have a friend who's effortlessly stick skinny -- even after having two children and she's in her late 30s. I'm pretty sure her husband, who is a great guy and most definitely what I consider a "real man" is attracted to her.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I felt the same when i started dating after i broke up with my ex, i wasnt over weight i was actually smaller than i am now by 10 lbs. Just work on yourself, making you and your life better and things will fall into place. Also get some confidence (if you havnt already) and show it but not in the way that you would take a guy home the first time meeting him. Guys want a challenge too so let them come to you. I hated dating all the men out there were terrible lol, good luck.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Sweet and curvy.
    I like hips and a butt and but more importantly a lady that is easy to talk to and is nice.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    its all about confidence, I'm pretty sure.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you live, where you are looking, and what type of men you are attracted to. Although it may still seem taboo to some, maybe try online dating. Men will message you knowing you are curvier and you can also pre-screen what type of man YOU are looking for. It also cuts a lot of the work out, they will already know you have a child and know you are working on fitness, etc. I met my fiance on an online dating site before I lost 30 lbs, he loved me then and still loves me now :) Just be safe and meet in public the first few times!
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    A woman can be curvy or thin. It really is about her attitude and personality.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    a REAL woman with REAL curves will do it any day of the week and twice on Sundays !
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You haven't met the right guy yet! My husband prefers curvy girls...they are out there! You are beautiful from what I can see on your profile pic and just know that when you find someone who really appreciates everything you have to offer him, it will all fall into place. Sometimes it is hard meeting a good guy in a setting with so much stimulation, they sometimes seem to get sidetracked, so a club or a bar where there is supposed "eye candy" may not be the best place, of course they are falling all over the skinny girl is a** hugging booty shorts shaking everything she has looking as easy as a driving test...she is not a challenge, you my dear are a rare rose who needs to be treated with kindness and respect, many guys don't want a challenge, your prince charming is out there! Have faith :)

Awesome! Thanks!
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    My honest opinion
    I prefer a woman to be curvy....I would prefer not to be able to check for a fractured bone without an x-ray, LOL. But on the flip side, I prefer her to also be healthy so we can enjoy a healthy lifestyle together. After all, who else to enjoy a healthy lifestyle than your partner ??!!

Yes sir! You can still be healthy and at a normal body weight and still have curves!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    That thing you are doing with your tongue in your profile pic. That! ;)
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    This may be hard to believe, but men interested in a relationship aren't that hunf up on looks. They are more interested in the quality of person.

If a guy says he is looking for a relationship and he is mostly interested in looks, he is mistaken. He is looking for a trophy. That isn't a man. That's a boy who shaves. Run away and so so quickly.
  • jenvens
    Options
    That thing you are doing with your tongue in your profile pic. That! ;)

LMAO...!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    My son is 25 and he's more attracted to the very curvy women. Always has been. He likes the slender women too but the larger women are the ones he's definitely more attracted to.
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Skinny girls are the obvious eye catchers. Have you tried using a dating site? Being on a site allows you to get to know a person before actually going out with them. The sites match you up with people of silimar interest so it doesnt become just about looks. Looks are a factor though because you do have to post a picture. Might be worth it for you to check out though.
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options
    This may be hard to believe, but men interested in a relationship aren't that hunf up on looks. They are more interested in the quality of person.

If a guy says he is looking for a relationship and he is mostly interested in looks, he is mistaken. He is looking for a trophy. That isn't a man. That's a boy who shaves. Run away and so so quickly.

High Five to you Good Sir!
  • jenvens
    Options

Thanks for the advice! I know that's true!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My honest opinion
    I prefer a woman to be curvy....I would prefer not to be able to check for a fractured bone without an x-ray, LOL. But on the flip side, I prefer her to also be healthy so we can enjoy a healthy lifestyle together. After all, who else to enjoy a healthy lifestyle than your partner ??!!

Yes sir! You can still be healthy and at a normal body weight and still have curves!

No kidding! I seriously hate when people describe overweight as "curvy."

I'm an hourglass. No matter what I weigh, I have hips and boobs and am curvy -- at 200 pounds or 90 pounds, thank you very much. (Not that I'll ever be -- or want to be -- 90 pounds, but you get my point.)
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    my husband repeatedly states that he isn't and has never been very attracted to 'skinny' women. he likes fit and curvy body-types. i can't think of one past girlfriend of his that was super skinny. the men i have dated/married like women to be women - equating to having curves, being soft to touch, and not so obsessed with their weight that it takes over their lives (and happens to ruin a dinner out!). good luck... you look beautiful!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Skinny girls are the obvious eye catchers.

I call bullsh!t. A woman with a smile that makes eye contact will always catch a man's eye, no matter what her size.