Replies

• T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I like to think that I am an equal opportunist to all sizes
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I prefer women with very little self respect. Or a bass boat. I can tolerate a lot if there is a bass boat involved.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is the same problem we all have: finding the RIGHT person. Dating can be great but it can also be a complete waste of time. we all have standards and there's no point in lowering them just so you can be with someone. I wouldn't worry about finding a man right now, especially if you're trying to change something about yourself. If you're trying to lose weight someone you attract now may not be interested once you've reached your goal. If you happen to find a man who is interested and who you have a connection with, great! Otherwise, don't worry about it. Remember the old saying that "love finds you when you're not looking"? It's often very true. I know it was for me!

My husband likes curvy girls best, he's all about boobs and butt. Any time he sees a girl and can see ribs he almost barfs. Even though I'm about 40 pounds overweight he still loves me and prefers me to skinny girls. I enjoy food and I'm nice. (Although he does know that I don't intend on staying at this weight, it's just hard to lose weight when I'm pregnant every year.)

Oh, and. My 16 month old son saw your picture and said, "Hey, bebeh!"
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options
    Skinny girls are the obvious eye catchers.

I call bullsh!t. A woman with a smile that makes eye contact will always catch a man's eye, no matter what her size.

I agree! Smile and confidence make a huge difference :)
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it may have more to do with where you are looking. When I decided to get back into circulation a year or so after my husband died, I ended up using online dating sites for a variety of reasons that are unnecessary to go into here. Over a period of about 3 years, I tried Match, Chemistry, and some others that I can't remember. My experience was that sites like Match and the free sites (where people can just browse photos and email whoever they want) tend to be more "pick up" sites than people serious about finding a relationship. There were plenty of men that were interested in sleeping with me and a few that were interested in dating, but I didn't find the quality of person that I was looking for on those sites. Once I got on Chemistry where you can't just browse photos but have to be matched with people to be able to communicate, I found that there were more men that were looking more at me as a person than me as a photo.

I know that the above is a generalization and that there are plenty of quality people on sites like match and the free sites like Yahoo dating, etc (after all, I was there :laugh: ), this is just my personal experience.

As a side note, I met the best man in the universe just as I was giving up and deleting my Chemistry profile. We have been together 2 1/2 years and have a 6 month old son. He is the only person I have ever met that is as wonderful as my dad and has all of the qualities that I thought I was just wasting my time looking for these days). I would never have found him if it weren't for Chemistry. I truly believe that there are a lot of men out there that are not superficial and will love you just as you are now.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    You are blaming your current weight for being single and trust me weight isn't the issue. There are a lot of factors but typically it's from within being the reason you are still single.

I know for me it was about getting myself together after I filed for divorce so I decided to do that in all aspects of my life. I also deceded NOT to settle. Well damn it's a lot harder when yourpriorities are straight.

Maybe you aren't where you want to be. Focus on getting to your goal weight and the right guy will come along!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Unless they're uggos. A woman can be beautiful at any size. Being thin doesn't automatically make a girl gorgeous.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This may be hard to believe, but men interested in a relationship aren't that hunf up on looks. They are more interested in the quality of person.

If a guy says he is looking for a relationship and he is mostly interested in looks, he is mistaken. He is looking for a trophy. That isn't a man. That's a boy who shaves. Run away and so so quickly.

This.

I met a lot of boys who shaves before I found my sweetie. I ended up putting on my dating profile at the time "looking for a Grown *kitten* Man, boys need not apply".
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Since your talking physical appearances....I like a lady who is healthy and has some meat on her. Curves are always nice. Skinny to me is fake and too high maintenance. I really like a lady who is down to earth and tries to take care of herself but also has a wild streak in her and likes to have fun.
  • PandaofDestruction
    Options

Unless they're uggos. A woman can be beautiful at any size. Being thin doesn't automatically make a girl gorgeous.

Amen! :) Beauty is from within...Cliche but true!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    its all about confidence, I'm pretty sure.

Bingo. no wonder you have a fan club.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options

I call bullsh!t. A woman with a smile that makes eye contact will always catch a man's eye, no matter what her size.

Have to agree with you there. I'm 95lbs. THINNER and my husband and I are divorcing. His new piece is about 80lbs. heavier than I am. Every man prefers something different.
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I think the problem is the same problem we all have: finding the RIGHT person. Dating can be great but it can also be a complete waste of time. we all have standards and there's no point in lowering them just so you can be with someone. I wouldn't worry about finding a man right now, especially if you're trying to change something about yourself. If you're trying to lose weight someone you attract now may not be interested once you've reached your goal. If you happen to find a man who is interested and who you have a connection with, great! Otherwise, don't worry about it. Remember the old saying that "love finds you when you're not looking"? It's often very true. I know it was for me!

My husband likes curvy girls best, he's all about boobs and butt. Any time he sees a girl and can see ribs he almost barfs. Even though I'm about 40 pounds overweight he still loves me and prefers me to skinny girls. I enjoy food and I'm nice. (Although he does know that I don't intend on staying at this weight, it's just hard to lose weight when I'm pregnant every year.)

Oh, and. My 16 month old son saw your picture and said, "Hey, bebeh!"

That's so cute! I will stop looking! Thanks!
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    My honest opinion
    I prefer a woman to be curvy....I would prefer not to be able to check for a fractured bone without an x-ray, LOL. But on the flip side, I prefer her to also be healthy so we can enjoy a healthy lifestyle together. After all, who else to enjoy a healthy lifestyle than your partner ??!!

Well hello gorgeous! How you doing?

:wink:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I would recommend that you give up - for now anyway. There are a lot of in-betweens when it comes to dating. Not all skinny women are bit****. Not all thick girls are pleasant. Not everyone is either thick or skinny. Some of us are average, and the personalities vary as well. Pretty sure you know all of this. Since you asked, I feel your time would be better spent focusing on your inside. Stop thinking about getting a partner, and think about enjoying your own company, your hobbies, your sources of enjoyment. Most people will tell you they met their partners when they weren't looking. Good luck.
  • IamBrande
    Options
    I havent read all the replies, so if this has been said I apologize in advance, however..I dont think there is a "type" that can be categorized into the "all guys" like this kind of girl category. Honestly, I have severa very skinny female friends who can't seem to find a guy neither.. i dont think it has all that much to do with your looks. I think it depends on the girl, are you insecure or are you confident? Are you emotionally needy, or are you okay on your own?

I realized after I left my husband, I attempted the dating scene and it IS a nightmare out there... after looking back I see now that I was needy for validation that I was attractive, i was needy for attention, I was just a very needy girl, whom was (at that time) relatively in shape at 130lbs, but struggled majorly... however, I had been out of that scene for 13yrs!

By chance, I recieved an email, from a guy whom I replied to, we met a week after his email, and this friday we will be together for 2 years, and engaged =)

I am NOT saying online hook-ups are the way to go, I am simply stating that...I do not believe that appearance is everything, yeah it helps, but I know my guy DOES NOT like really skinny girls... Sure his head may turn at a cutie in her bootie shorts (he does have a penis after all lol) however, as far as being "with" a skinny chic.........its just not his thing. He likes his girl with a big butt and nice tits! LOL

And for me, I do not like Skinny guys... Flat Ab'd guys don't turn me on, I like my guys a little on the chunky side...a happy man, who loves his family. I dont want a cocky, arogant, "look at me", I'm Hot kinda guy............just give me the down to earth family man & I am happy!

I don't even think he has a favorite color hahaha
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    This may be hard to believe, but men interested in a relationship aren't that hunf up on looks. They are more interested in the quality of person.

If a guy says he is looking for a relationship and he is mostly interested in looks, he is mistaken. He is looking for a trophy. That isn't a man. That's a boy who shaves. Run away and so so quickly.

This.

I met a lot of boys who shaves before I found my sweetie. I ended up putting on my dating profile at the time "looking for a Grown *kitten* Man, boys need not apply".

Typical girl comment... Honestly, I care about both. I like skinny attractive women with a great personality. Just my opinion. People can BS but I'm always straight up. Flame me if you will but I like to answer honestly.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

True story. I'm not skinny, I'm not even all that hot, and I dress modestly, but I get hit on all the time.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Focus on you and getting where you feel you should go. I'll bet when you get there he'll be there, with a grin, and you know what he'll say, "I knew you'd come". He's waiting for you. You have so much to offer not to find someone. So follow your path in life and it will intersect with "the one". You know I'm a preacher and I believe this, "He who find a good wife find a good thing". He's looking for you, I promise he is. He'll find you and you'll be more than he ever thought he should deserve. That is how it was when i met my wife. I saw her in a field walking across a campground. The moment I saw her....I knew. I never doubted. I told her on our second date that I would marry her one day. 3 months later I proposed and 7 months later we married. That was 15 years ago. She was more than I ever thought I deserved....I still feel that way.
  • shiggyshane
    Options
    i personally do not think you've met the right guy yet, I think you should just focus on self repair and not worry about dating at the moment .. as for the question of preference I prefer curves to anything else but it's preference and you have to also look at the quality of man that is running after the "airheads" versus your marketability. Never base your value on what is not attracted to you, if a man is attracted to someone that seems like they have no mind of their own will not call them airheads that mean the man is shallow not the woman .. be yourself and be the best you that you can be do not focus on trying to attract anything but happy ... i've dated small to big and the thing that stand out the most to me is a woman heart when a man a real man gets tired of the games and the superficial things that is what they will start searching for and then you will become the sunshine that rise on his face in the morning and the moonlight that sets on his eyes at night .. enjoy life and life will enjoy you .. hope this helped (some may disagree but your are asking for personal point of view)

doesnt get more truthfull then this..