ladies. Can we just call it our period?

Options

Replies

• ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

I certainly do NOT use toilet paper to absorb menstrual blood. There is plenty of other "period paraphernalia" available: tampons, maxi pads, Instead, DivaCup, even reusable sponges (ew). But toilet paper as a menstrual product, no way!

And yet, you probably go through a lot more TP when you're menstruating than otherwise. Where you made the logical leap that anyone would substitute traditional sanitary products with TP is beyond me.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

TP? Who uses TP? Yuck!

I'd love to hear what you use in place of toilet paper *waits*
    I certainly do NOT use toilet paper to absorb menstrual blood. There is plenty of other "period paraphernalia" available: tampons, maxi pads, Instead, DivaCup, even reusable sponges (ew). But toilet paper as a menstrual product, no way!

Period paraphenalia ...that makes me think of a bong filled with blood. :drinker:

Jesus. I... Well ... Damn. I can't even respond.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You can sell your used tampons to vampires. They use them as tea bags.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options

And yet, you probably go through a lot more TP when you're menstruating than otherwise. Where you made the logical leap that anyone would substitute traditional sanitary products with TP is beyond me.

(actually when you use divacups - or other brands of cups - you generally don't use any more tp than usual. just an fyi. and a quick plug for cups: they are AWESOME!!!!! changed my life when i started using mine.)
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I promise you that if I ever had to post about my period, I'd call it my period. But please, please, let's all just stop posting about our periods!

^ This.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

You're the one who lumped TP in with tampons and other sanitary items, not me. And no, I don't believe I use any more TP during that week than any other week.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

(actually when you use divacups - or other brands of cups - you generally don't use any more tp than usual. just an fyi. and a quick plug for cups: they are AWESOME!!!!! changed my life when i started using mine.)

Before I evolved into the non-menstruating wonder that I am today, I used to pee ALL the time during menses
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You can sell your used tampons to vampires. They use them as tea bags.

Or as vampiric Snus... Just park it between your gum and cheek.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

You're the one who lumped TP in with tampons and other sanitary items, not me. And no, I don't believe I use any more TP during that week than any other week.

Oh dear. I'll spell it out more plainly for you next time. Apologies.
  • DavyRockhit
    Options
    Ladies, can I ask one more question... oops I just asked a question... sorry to waste your time
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Oh dear. I'll spell it out more plainly for you next time. Apologies.

Bless her heart.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    WTF is a divacup???? I am way too scared to google it!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    you might be my favorite
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    ...PLEASE.

get off your *kitten*, and go to the gym. Take a hot shower, you will feel better, promise. Just be quiet. Suck it up, cupcake. DEAL with it.

x End of rant x

And I bet you made *tons* of friends ;)

yeah, actually! had to purge...too many ha ha
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Best. Thread. Ever.

Updated to say I will most likely NOT have an end after the Novasure procedure but I'm willing, at this point, to try anything short of a hysterectomy.

As you were

(cupcake! HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!)
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    a menstrual cup. For at least a century, people have tried to sell the idea of a cup that fits inside the vagina and catches menstrual flow. Remove, empty, rinse, reinsert. It has the great virtues of a tampon (inside the body) without the Toxic Cotton of Death problem. It's reusable, which gladdens the hearts of frugal women and environmentalists, and means no need to carry extra anything.

With that said, I have no desire to ever put it to the test. I would rather use toilet paper, haha...But to each his own I guess.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options

Oh gosh, don't be scared! It's a great invention! It's a silicone "cup" that is an alternative to pads/tampons. Inserted kind of like a tampon, it "collects" instead of absorbs, and a couple times a day you empty it. Seriously, not scary at all. Check out this community if you want to learn more about cups: http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/

I've been using mine for years and love it. I also love not wasting money on pads and tampons. PM me if you have questions, I'm happy to answer them!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options

Oh gosh, don't be scared! It's a great invention! It's a silicone "cup" that is an alternative to pads/tampons. Inserted kind of like a tampon, it "collects" instead of absorbs, and a couple times a day you empty it. Seriously, not scary at all. Check out this community if you want to learn more about cups: http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/

I've been using mine for years and love it. I also love not wasting money on pads and tampons. PM me if you have questions, I'm happy to answer them!

It has its own support group???? Weird.
  • Ajessie
    Options
    Man, I hope you all don't synchronize.

I'm not sure we could deal with the SuperPMS

LMAO!!!!
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    I still prefer sharkweek.