Cosmo Girls- starting a group for women losing 100lbs+

Options

Replies

• LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Just checking in for the day. To introduce myself a little more, My name is Natasha, I go by Tasha though for the most part. I am a stay at home mom, my son is 15 months old now. I have been married to my husband for 3.5 years. I started with MFP at the end of July and it has changed my life. I still have 122 lbs that I want to lose, I have a long journey and I know that, but I am positive that I will be able to reach my goal this time. I love groups on the message board and the support that they lend.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • dutchess48
    Options
    Hey guys just wanted to check in on everyone. Hope you all are starting out your weeks as well as I am. I forget that were not all in california so when I see Happy Tuesday it confused me! lol. Anyways I went to the gym today and surprised myself! I remember when I started in dec 2010 and had a hard time finishing 20 mins at the gym, and honestly most of that was BS! Today I did 30 mins on the elliptical and 65 at 3.5mph on the treadmill finishing a 5k loop! Yea me! I'm always surprised at how much you can push your body past what you think you can do. So my message to you guys for the week is to PUSH YOURSELF past the barriers in your mind. Barriers are meant to be broken down, so do just that. If you find that your struggling push as far as you can because tomorrow you can push a little harder. Also don't forget your water, it's a great aid in weight loss and it fuels your body. Good luck this week ladies!
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sorry.. :) i do that often :)
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, but don't know if you mean need to lose 100 lbs from the point I'm at now or overall. I've lost 55 but need to lose another 73 to hit goal.

Anyone on this thread can feel free to friend me if they'd like. I'm all about motivation and support!
  • TexasRose423
    TexasRose423 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i believe in all of you!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Dutchess, that is seriously awesome news, what a great NSV :) Congratulations!

Welcome to all newcomers!! :) You all ROCK! :)
  • stacyrhoades11
    stacyrhoades11 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Id love to join!!! I have set my current goal at 80lbs but I want to loose a total of around 110 eventually!!
    SW:259
    CW:256
    GW:180
  • GoFromHere
    Options
    I'd love to join. I need to finally brave a scale to actually determine my starting weight, but as soon as I do that, I will send it your way Duchess (and by as soon as I do that, I mean sometime tonight when I'm not working on homework and procrastinating with MFP). I will also get to work with adding everyone too! I am really looking forward to getting some powerful support.
  • dutchess48
    Options
    So I've decided to split everyone into groups. There are so many request to join and I don't want to turn anyone away so this will help me keep my head on. Groups does not mean were separate just gives me an easy way to find you during weigh in and maybe we can have some challenges if that's something you guys would like to do. I'm also looking for new ways for us to share information and for me to post our results so that it's easier to find and more private for us. There is so much going on in these forums that I want us to be the group that stays positive and sticks to our goals. So with that said I have added everyone who has posted their info on the thread and so if I have not personally responded to you please know you have been seen. If you have not yet submitted your info or your goal for the 10 weeks please do so now. Also remember to send me your weight through a message on friday so i can add it to the chart and post it sunday. I will update you all on the groups and our way of private communication asap. Good luck this week ladies.
  • dutchess48
    Options
    OK LADIES HERE IT IS, I KNOW I SAID I WOULD POST IT SUNDAY BUT I WAS SO EXCITED!!!!! Below you'll find the link to the blog for our group. Check it out and let me know what you think! I'll post week one weigh in's on sunday as promised.

http://thecosmogirls.blogspot.com/
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Love love LOVE it!! :) Awesome Dutchess, you rock! :flowerforyou:
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    Very very nice Dutchess :)
  • savismommy
    Options
    I'm in!
  • GoFromHere
    Options
    The blog looks great!
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm too late! If not, SW= 255 GW= 160, 10-week goal= 245 or less
  • cynthiajeanCJ
    Options
    I would like too join!! Just got started... 100 too go!! How do I get in?? thank you :heart: cynthia
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • rae_mayer
    Options
    So would you like us to post our weights here for the week? If so I weighed in at 262 lbs today.
  • dutchess48
    Options
    WEIGH-INS: PLEASE REMEMBER TO MESSAGE THEM TO ME SO THAT I DON'T HAVE A MILLION PLACES TO GO. THIS PUTS THEM IN ONE LOCATION AND ITS EASIER FOR ME TO FIND LATER. THANKS!