Criticism

Options
124»

Replies

• solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I welcome the feedback. Thicken up that skin -- we all have something to learn from other "losers".

I love that book. I love NOLA.
  • vdavis_89
    Options
    Others like me would welcome the criticism, so long as it was constructive and not like "Put down the cookies, fatty!" :bigsmile:

Haha this made me laugh :)
  • dolphin9803
    Options
    I don't say anything unless my opinion is asked. Hence the reason my diary is private I wouldn't take it very well :}
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I think if your diary is open you are asking people to look at it. If you're coming from a helpful place it shouldn't matter, but some people do only want to hear the good stuff and expect their friends to glaze over their missed opportunities.....I've never been one to hold my tongue to a friend, but be prepared people often don't like the truth or any opinion that differs from their own......
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    My diary is private because I do not want some random, out of left field comment, from a perfect stranger who is most probably not a doctor, nutritionist or dietician giving me unsolicited advice on my healthy and well being. If I need advice I'll ask for it or do the research or both. I also won't comment on anyone's diary unless the specifically ask for advice and it's something obvious like....they're eating junk food 3 meals a day.

Bottom line - if you don't want the criticism, set your diary to private. If you leave it open to the public then you yourself better be open to unsolicited advice.

Stay fit everyone!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    All my friends know that I DEMAND that they say "put down the cookie, fatty!"

Yes, she is THAT demanding. But it's cool in an amoral, whorish kind of way.

I honestly think it largely depends on the relationship one has with their friends list. I'm quite close to many, and have gotten more than a couple of "Holy Sodium, Batman!"s from a number of them. I am already watching my stuff, but it is nice to know that my friends are watching out for me as well.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing..If I was doing something wrong..i would like someone to explain to me..what other ways might improve my ways..versus..scolding me.. everyone wants a complement first off..and then some good healthy advice after..if they don't want it, they don't have to take it and can kindly message that person..and say "Hey, I don't need your help, I'm doing just fine losing my weight on my own..and I'm not here for any motivation or help..." Sooooo....I am the kind of person who loves to help in any way...I love my MFP family and friends...I myself, need MFP..If I didn't need this site..I'd probably be stuck in the same 7 lbs I was in for several months..as of right now..I have passed my plateau..and am SUPER HAPPY! Motivating others along the way to me is a HUGE COMPLIMENT to my self-esteem...cause I didn't think I would be able to help anyone along the way... And I guess I am.. :bigsmile: