I like it creamy, thick & chunky....

13»

Replies

• Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    I'm not a fan of oatmeal, but I like nut butter. What?

do you mix the nut butter in your oatmeal? what kind of shaft to you stir it with?

I would never mix my nut butter in my oatmeal..I prefer it raw and naturally flowing down my throat. The extraction is the best part!

THATS what I've been waiting for! WOOT WOOT, Thread Deletion in 10...9...8.... 69....69....69....

Whoops. Lost track.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Better Oats Abundance has 6 grains. I add apple bits and golden raisins. I know a distance runner who eats it plain for lunch. When I say plain I mean with nothing, not even water. Straight from the box Old Fashiond Oats. Yeeesh! Oatmeal is awesome in MN in the winter. :happy:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member

Ironic....I have lots of that!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Chunky sounds like a personal problem if you ask me hahaha
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member

Nut butter tastes best with pineapple - avoid asparagus at all costs! :devil:
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    I use old-fashioned Quaker Oats and soak them overnight in 1% milk and salt. In the am. I add chopped walnuts, cinnamon, chopped granny smith apples, ground flax seed, a sprinkling of brown sugar and water to cover and BAKE it at 350 for 25 min. in the toaster oven. Yum! And all of the ingredients (except the brown sugar) is have cholesterol-reducing properties.
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    have any of you tried making savory oatmeal? i know it sounds weird, but it's surprisingly good. i've made it on the stove top with a touch of olive oil, broccoli, salsa, and a sprinkle of soy cheese.

Thanks an awesome idea- never thought of it!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    :yawn: SNORE

I like it creamy and think not so much chunky...and i dont mean my oatmeal :devil:
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,210 Member
    I definately like creamy and chunky.. but not thick :laugh:

Ok.. I never knew there were so many ways to eat porridge / oatmeal.

I have always used milk (with the exception of one time on a survival course when we only had water and that was disgusting), I chuck in fruit such as banana, pears or peaches. Sometimes just sugar and sometimes a dollop of chocolate hazelnut spread.

Going to try the elvis method without the almond milk but will look out for that. Also dropping half water instead of all skimmed milk.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    I am also been craving for some oatmeal as well.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    i like it creamy, thick & chunky too....what a coincidence.....
  • Me visit this thread cuz you my friend. Me sweet and innocent so me no understand....