NYBNY Challenge week 7 results week 8 chat closed group

Options

Replies

• wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Thanks gwynne! We'll do some shuffling. I will send you details.
  • wvualum
    Options
    I feel like the challenges need a little clarification so here is what I’ve decided…

Monday: self explanatory

Tuesday: Because some of us like me don’t have a set amount of time or reps, it makes adding 20 minutes/reps to it tough, so in this case the minimum will be 40 minutes of exercise and 40 reps.

Wednesday: I think the new exercise thing is ok, but I don’t think it has to be something you’ve never done, (because honestly, there are very few things I have never done!) but just something that is not part of your regular exercise routine. For the water, we’ll use 64 oz, that will be easier to track if it is the same number for everyone.

Thursday: fruit/veg/fiber, pretty easy, on fiber lets just do the mfp recommended.

Now for throw down Thursday, I’ve been thinking about it this weekend and I really think unlimited challenges is going to be a nightmare for scoring purposes, plus the more well known ones, like the captains, are going to get more challenges issued than others. So each person can issue one challenge, and each person can accept one challenge, the scoring will go: one point for issuing the challenge, 1 point if you win your challenge, 1 point if you will the challenge issued to you. So a total of 3 points is available.

Friday: pretty self explanatory

Ok, if there are any questions, please let me know asap, so we can iron them out before the day arrives.
  • Twinmom1221
    Twinmom1221 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the clarification, I think that will help.

One last question about Thursday-can more than 1 person accept a challenge? I think that should be ok.
  • wvualum
    Options
    NO I think we better stick to one person issues a challenge to one person. If the person issued, has already accepted a challenge, they will have to find someone else.

Also, challenges can be anything, not just time worked out and calories burned. It can be ANYTHING positive, not like I can eat more ice cream than you.... but it can be I can do more crunches than you, etc. Just be creative!
  • lauralou23
    Options
    Thursday: fruit/veg/fiber, pretty easy, on fiber lets just do the mfp recommended.

So each person can issue one challenge, and each person can accept one challenge, the scoring will go: one point for issuing the challenge, 1 point if you win your challenge, 1 point if you will the challenge issued to you. So a total of 3 points is available.

I think I'm confused... Looks like there could be 5 points total for the dya up for grabs!?

Meet Fruit/Veggie/Fiber: 1pt
    Issue Challenge: 1pt
    Accept Challenge: 1pt
    Win Challenge you ISSUED: 1pt
    Win Challenge you ACCEPTED: 1pt
  • lauralou23
    Options
    NO I think we better stick to one person issues a challenge to one person. If the person issued, has already accepted a challenge, they will have to find someone else.

Also, challenges can be anything, not just time worked out and calories burned. It can be ANYTHING positive, not like I can eat more ice cream than you.... but it can be I can do more crunches than you, etc. Just be creative!

I get it...

Fruits/Veggie/Fiber: 1pt

Issue challenge to specific person: 1pt -OR- Accept challenge someone issued to you: 1pt

Win the challenge you issued and someone accepted: 1pt -OR- Win the challenge that someone issued and you accepted: 1pt

3 pts total
  • wvualum
    Options

I get it...

Fruits/Veggie/Fiber: 1pt

Issue challenge to specific person: 1pt -OR- Accept challenge someone issued to you: 1pt

Win the challenge you issued and someone accepted: 1pt -OR- Win the challenge that someone issued and you accepted: 1pt

3 pts total

Right, except you only get a point to issuing the challenge not accepting.
  • wvualum
    Options
    Individual with the highest % of weight lost compared to goal: Jeanie and Marie at 5% each.
    Individual with the most pounds lost: Jeanie and Marie with 2.5 lbs each.
    Individual Calorie Burn Challenge Winner: Rachel with 3,539 calories burned. WOW!!

Perfect 10's: Marie WOW again!!

We have lost a total of 185 lbs so far!!! :flowerforyou:

For the team point challenge, I don't want to officially call a winner. Team Abnehmen, is in need of overhaul and the other teams didn't do great so I just think for this week only we'll concentrate on the individual accomplishments.
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    Thanks for putting this all together Lori.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lorie! I'm messaging people and seeing what I can do to whip Team Abnehmen into shape. We will rise from the ashes!
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lorie! I'm messaging people and seeing what I can do to whip Team Abnehmen into shape. We will rise from the ashes!

We will rise!! I want to apologize for not being as active as I should be. I've been adjusting to our new schedule (3 kids in soccer and awanas, 2 in school, 1 in extra art classes). But, that's no excuse to neglect myself and my team. Let's do this, Team Abnehmen!!
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    I would like to issue a challenge for tomorrow (this way you would know in the morning). I challenge someone to take more stairs up than I do tomorrow. (this does not include the stair machine, just good old fashioned stairs).

Let me know if you are up for it!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I would like to issue a challenge for tomorrow (this way you would know in the morning). I challenge someone to take more stairs up than I do tomorrow. (this does not include the stair machine, just good old fashioned stairs).

Let me know if you are up for it!

I accept your challenge.

*throws down glove* I challenge someone to a duel of tricep dips. Think you can beat me?
  • minni2906
    Options
    I challenge someone to do more crunches than me. :)
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    I challenge someone to do more crunches than me. :)
    I accept your challenge :bigsmile: You're on!

I also challenge someone to drink more water than me throughout the day! Bottom's up :drinker:
  • Twinmom1221
    Options
    I will totally take your water challenge!
  • wvualum
    Options
    I challenge someone to do more squat kicks than me today! Any takers??? Remember you can only accept one challenge.
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I challenge someone to do more squat kicks than me today! Any takers??? Remember you can only accept one challenge.

I accept your challenge!

I challenge someone to do more crunches than me today (is it okay that I'm issuing a challenge that other people are doing also?)
  • wvualum
    Options

I accept your challenge!

I challenge someone to do more crunches than me today (is it okay that I'm issuing a challenge that other people are doing also?)

yep thats ok
  • nb9251
    nb9251 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

I already accepted a challenge, but I challenge you to burn more than me today. I'm already at 590 for the day!!